Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that is exactly true. And yet you're willing to write off half the class as a failure because they will not have an immediate impact. celebrate the ones we get that have high odds of being great like a HB turning into a PM while looking for the KG in this class. You'll be much happier than being Catbone and saying the whole class is a failure.
Thanks for the advice.

We haven't even played one of them close, Im not confident at all
C'mon we've only been outscored 84-255 the past 2 years 😂. Sometimes ya just have to laugh at your own misery.

But I think we have a shot at 1 of the 4. Up to 3 of them could be starting new QBs and we'll have a 15 year starter.

3* is a crapshoot. Some of them will be all-SEC, some will never see the field. Which means that trying to individually project each one over the course of about 40-45 games is the ultimate fools errand. If that explanation gives you consternation, so be it.
There was an in-depth statistical analysis done a few years back on 10 years worth of Rivals data.

Roughly 11% of 3 Stars ended up making an all conference team or getting drafted (their definition of “success” in the study).

So while a couple hundred 3 Stars end up as “hits” each year, there are literally thousands that end up as “misses”.

The breakdown as best I can remember:

5 Stars - 48%
4 Stars - 25%
3 Stars - 11%
2 Stars - 2%

The results are fairly intuitive, but interesting all the same imo.

There was an in-depth statistical analysis done a few years back on 10 years worth of Rivals data.

Roughly 11% of 3 Stars ended up making an all conference team or getting drafted (their definition of “success” in the study).

So while a couple hundred 3 Stars end up as “hits” each year, there are literally thousands that end up as “misses”.

The breakdown as best I can remember:

5 Stars - 48%
4 Stars - 25%
3 Stars - 11%
2 Stars - 2%

The results are fairly intuitive, but interesting all the same imo.
And since no one can start at the top from the worst [implied but unstated expletive deleted] team in the history of the school, would you agree that the only way up and out is to be a better evaluator of talent and better at coaching up underrated or overlooked talent, and better at understanding how to win SEC football games than the more "star-heavy" teams that you must face? I mean, in real life. And hit the home runs when you can.

Last edited:
Reactions: SweetasSoda
And since no one can start at the top from the worst fkkking team in the history of the school, would you agree that the only way up and out is to be a better evaluator of talent and better at coaching up underrated or overlooked talent, and better at understanding how to win SEC football games than the more "star-heavy" teams that you must face?
Why so emotional? I posted objective facts. There was no commentary on my part in that post.

... Skip a step...I like it. Agree.
We could have like Butch did after 6-6 but Ga St really wrecked us bad after we talked up 9 wins to recruits. Sucks, but here we are. Add 1 year to the timeline...after the last 15 what's the rush??

Lol, you went on a rant
It was not a rant. To prove it, I repeat (for anyone capable of reasoning) the question you are misrepresenting.
And since no one can start at the top from the worst fkkking team in the history of the school, would you agree that the only way up and out is to be a better evaluator of talent and better at coaching up underrated or overlooked talent, and better at understanding how to win SEC football games than the more "star-heavy" teams that you must face? I mean, in real life. And hit the home runs when you can.

And please don't answer. I'll let your dodge stand, since you've insisted on hiding behind your "objectivity."

It was not a rant. To prove it, I repeat (for anyone capable of reasoning) the question you are misrepresenting.
What are you trying to argue? I didn’t say anything bad about this class. I like a lot of the pieces we have committed.

Go find another tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back