Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, really off topic but I've seen you mention Pat Rothfuss in the GOT thread. I finally got around to reading his stuff and man am I glad I did....master storyteller. Can't wait for the next book.

You’ll be waiting a long time unfortunately. It’s been 7 years since Patrick Sloth-fuss put out the second book and he’s not interested in finishing the third 😔.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
The "integrity" of the game was destroyed last night for good to me. I can never believe in honest fair competition again. I have always had doubts, but that was so blatant as to defy any kind of sincere rationalization. You have to a deaf, dumb and blind idiot to not know it.

CFB is no more real than proffesional wrasslin...that is sad.
Yet I had a Bama fan trying to tell me on FB I was making excuses once again, and what excuses am I making up for next year already. Then brags that we have never beaten Saban at Bama. Blah blah blah. Please please please, let us drag them in Knoxville next year!

There is a poster in the FF who makes the claim that he is a contemporary of one of those officials and knows him at least by reputation.

He even goes so far as to give the ref's name and says the man is a Birmingham born Alabama fan. He would be the referee who stopped play so Bama could adjust when we came out in the Wildcat. Anthony Jordan redux, perhaps? Well, there are no social media posts to verify he is a Bama homer, yet. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, because something tells me we haven't heard the last on this one.

Here is a link to the aforementioned thread:

Phantom Call

EDIT: By the way, the referee in question was the line judge and he is named here in this article:

Alabama vs. Tennessee Vols football: Who are the officials?

About five minutes of amateur googling reveals where he’s from in Alabama and that he’s also big into the youth wrestling scene in Alabama. To be clear, nothing i saw in my five minutes of googling showed any evidence of him actually being a Bama football fan. But even the appearance of bias is unacceptable. It is laughable that the SEC would assign Alabama fans to Alabama games.

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed that our depth chart list Chandler at 5'11" 201 lbs and list Tim Jordan as 5'11" 203 lbs? It looks like Tim Jordan is a decent amount heavier/stronger than Chandler. I wonder which one is more accurate? Looking forward to see what Jordan can do next year. It's good to see what happens when you start getting 3rd and 4th year players. Hopefully we can sprinkle in some good young talent in the the next 2 classes and get this thing turned around by 2021.

Has anyone noticed that our depth chart list Chandler at 5'11" 201 lbs and list Tim Jordan as 5'11" 203 lbs? It looks like Tim Jordan is a decent amount heavier/stronger than Chandler. I wonder which one is more accurate? Looking forward to see what Jordan can do next year. It's good to see what happens when you start getting 3rd and 4th year players. Hopefully we can sprinkle in some good young talent in the the next 2 classes and get this thing turned around by 2021.

Jordan looked a lot faster Saturday. I don't know why. On more than a couple of occasions it looked like he was shot out of a cannon. As I said in the game thread, I thought he deserved a game ball.

Last edited:
Jordan looked a lot faster Saturday. I don't know why.on more than a couple of occasions it looked like he was shot out of a cannon. As I said in the game thread, I thought he deserved a game ball.
Tim is finally "getting it" mentally. Game is slowing down for him. He's finally learning how to read where the hole is opening up and how to let blocks develop instead of just smashing it in there. He also is hitting the hole faster when it does open up.

It's nice to have him step up because after the first couple of games, I considered him our 3rd option behind Chandler and Gray. He might have worked himself to be the #1 back right now.

Tim is finally "getting it" mentally. Game is slowing down for him. He's finally learning how to read where the hole is opening up and how to let blocks develop instead of just smashing it in there. He also is hitting the hole faster when it does open up.

It's nice to have him step up because after the first couple of games, I considered him our 3rd option behind Chandler and Gray. He might have worked himself to be the #1 back right now.

lol. Trey & Wanye, 'get it', ergo Tim gets it.

We have similar taste. If you haven't read Kingkiller Chronicles, you should. I only read Sanderson for the final WoT books, and I HATED how ham fisted and lacking in subtlety he was. Are his other books a similar writing style? The dialog felt like he was trying to write an overly snarky and quippy movie script, and he explained every single detail like the audience was incapable of picking up anything unless he explicitly spelled it out. He's the one mega author in that genre I haven't read. Curious on your thoughts.

I thought Sanderson did pretty well finishing the WoT series...my favorite books, btw. My major complaint was how he deals with Mat's character. He didn't seem to know how to write that character and tried too hard to make him funny. Other than that I think he took a lot of loose ends and tied them together well even if it was a little rushed.

Sanderson's own works don't have those issues as much. Stormlight is the only one that I feel is up there with WoT, GoT, Kingkiller, Black Company, etc. I think Sanderson has too many projects going at once and tries too hard to be a volume writer but Stormlight is amazing and the Mistborn books are very good.

Rothfuss is definitely a superior storyteller. He builds a story that is fully engrossing and doesn't give a damn about pacing or any of the things Sanderson tries too hard with.

JMO....please share any recommendations. I'm about to finish the 3rd Locke Lamora book and need a new series.

Regarding the JG QB sneak: In most locker rooms in my era, if someone pulled that stunt, someone would of beat his ass or come very close to it. I don't see the locker room backing him up at this point.
this is where i'm at. i mean at some point you are what you are, and there's just no place else to hide....hate it for the kid. i think JG has wanted to be everything we've wanted him to be, but he just doesnt' know how to go about it or something.

anyway...the qb position is just too important to not have someone back there the players trust or believe in on some level. and i just can't see how any of them would be able to do that for JG at this point.

the issue though is depth. i'm awfully concerned about BM's health...between the UGA hit, the concussion/head/neck injury at MSU and now this game....the more hits like that you take to the head, the more susceptible you are to future issues....

so i'm curious to see how he's diagnosed and if he's passed the protocol......i'm not sure he had a concussion the previous week given how they handled the practices the following week, and how he was participatory in everyrthing on the sidelines and post game during the MSU game.

what happened Saturday night seemed more like how a concussion would be handled imo.

what happens the rest of the way with the QB spot will determine what happens the rest of the way. we're capable of winning out....we'll see what happens.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back