Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just spent the last hour arguing with bammers about the officiating of the game and they keep trying to educate me on how penalized Bama has been the last 5 years. They are too stupid to realize no one is calling out what's called, it's the blatant no calls/calls in every crucial situation every game against their opponents. I now feel dumber just interacting.
That is why numbers lie...no context. Like when some stupid espn jerk decided it was a good thing to show JGs completion percentage is better than Peytons..lol...that was a joke.

People that say numbers don't lie are idiots...

What I don't understand is even on 50/50 throws, you still have to put the ball where the receiver is.. he isn't doing that very often this year.
Was never in the JG is great camp but he has honestly regressed for some reason. Just weird.
He's completely broken and needs to be gone. Sorry it didnt work out. (most) Everyone forgave him for the GT sulking etc. but he has turned full poison. His attitude toward CJP was totally unacceptable last night, and if we need someone to go in and turn a certain TD into a negative 14-point swing, just get one of the cheerleaders to pitch them the ball. She'll look better doing it and won't insult our coach.

I believe Chaney has coached the QBs that in short yardage plays .. IF the defense is not ready .. the QB has the option of hurrying the team to the line and making a quick audible to run the QB sneak. Maurer ran this play on a 3rd and short in the 1st quarter. I'm sure the coaches never dreamed JG would try this on 4th and goal .. but it looks like he did. This would also explain all the "miscommunication" quotes and Pruitt taking the blame in the presser. Guess Pruitt took the blame for not explaining to JG NOT to run the QB sneak in this situation.
No way sneak was called with a pin and pull..JG went rougue and just kept the ball...because he stoopid.

Now the crooked SEC crew might try to deceive the simple-minded and naive (and rescue their cover) by making a big call against bammer in the LSU game, but all a bammer loss there would do is give bammer another first round bye in the playoffs.

With more than a dozen calls and non-calls last night -- including some of the most offensive and blatant i've ever seen -- they put bammer in the big dance and stole Pruitt's surprise upset and all of the recruiting advantages that would have come from it, and saved precious Saban's outcoached azz from a crushing loss by a 36 pt dog under his corny-ass 70s disco lights.

But, now, if LSU beats Bammer (likely), and Auburn looks competitive in the Iron bowl (less likely), the SEC's "rigging zebras" will steal another game for bammer. The fix is in: theyre going. But THEY DID NOT EARN IT. But it looks like the crooked SEC refs finished their cheating job last night and guaranteed the playoff money.
The "integrity" of the game was destroyed last night for good to me. I can never believe in honest fair competition again. I have always had doubts, but that was so blatant as to defy any kind of sincere rationalization. You have to a deaf, dumb and blind idiot to not know it.

CFB is no more real than proffesional wrasslin...that is sad.

Reactions: RiotVol
No way sneak was called with a pin and pull..JG went rougue and just kept the ball...because he stoopid.
Look at the backs stop in mid run and swing their heads around at JG like wtf, before running that way to see if there's anything they can do to help push the pile. There was a hole even i could have made it through gaping at the designated point of attack.

Pin & Pull. Heard some football guy use that this week. Never heard it before that. Is that a thing? Or, did someone make it up? honest question, i'm not a football guy
Dude...it was shown and explained detail by several posters last night in the game thread. I am not going to find it for you..sorry.

I understand it, but there are a lot of football guys here with way more knowledge that can explain it better than me.

What I don't understand is even on 50/50 throws, you still have to put the ball where the receiver is.. he isn't doing that very often this year.
Was never in the JG is great camp but he has honestly regressed for some reason. Just weird.

I think he played better last year because our OL was garbage and there was very little expectation from the staff or his teammates. It was a situation of try not to get killed and try to make some plays so he was cut a lot of slack....and Christ wasn't brought here to be a starter.

This year had more pressure from staff fan expectations. Better OL, good weapons and second year of defense with some talented young guys. Maurer was also here in hopes of being the future and Chaney was brought in...that guy has improved every QB he has coached.

JG has proven that he sucks at dealing with pressure and expectations and he folded like a Korean dry cleaner. Only way I can justify the regression.

Reactions: Pane di mais
Look at the backs stop in mid run and swing their heads around at JG like wtf, before running that way to see if there's anything they can do to help push the pile. There was a hole even i could have made it through gaping at the designated point of attack.

Some are saying JG is gone.

We'll see him trot out against redface in their black uni's on Sat at 4. It'll be same ol, two consec slants for 30 yd gain. Run twice get stuffed, then sack for loss. Punt.

Pin & Pull. Heard some football guy use that this week. Never heard it before that. Is that a thing? Or, did someone make it up? honest question, i'm not a football guy

It’s a thing. Tackles crash down on the person to their inside (the pin), and guards pull to lead block. It’s been around since the days of Lombardi, but I’ve only recently heard people use this term for it.

He's completely broken and needs to be gone. Sorry it didnt work out. (most) Everyone forgave him for the GT sulking etc. but he has turned full poison. His attitude toward CJP was totally unacceptable last night, and if we need someone to go in and turn a certain TD into a negative 14-point swing, just get one of the cheerleaders to pitch them the ball. She'll look better doing it and won't insult our coach.

Unrelated, I finally looked up what your name means. I snort laughed. Well done.

I think he played better last year because our OL was garbage and there was very little expectation from the staff or his teammates. It was a situation of try not to get killed and try to make some plays so he was cut a lot of slack....and Christ wasn't brought here to be a starter.

This year had more pressure from staff fan expectations. Better OL, good weapons and second year of defense with some talented young guys. Maurer was also here in hopes of being the future and Chaney was brought in...that guy has improved every QB he has coached.

JG has proven that he sucks at dealing with pressure and expectations and he folded like a Korean dry cleaner. Only way I can justify the regression.
This is more what I was looking for and it's been my thought on the accuracy as well.
For whatever reason, he appears more accurate when getting slammed to the ground. Weird but I've seen it in games this year. BYU I think. Misses a wide open throw then hits a perfect 1st down throw while getting drilled.
So odd.

Basically, Wanya pins the end, Trey pulls and flattens anyone outside the edge - which he did. FB was also there to help clear the way, but Crouch was likely walking in. There are a lot of videos online re the pin and pull. While the technique isn’t new, maybe the terminology is?

This is more what I was looking for and it's been my thought on the accuracy as well.
For whatever reason, he appears more accurate when getting slammed to the ground. Weird but I've seen it in games this year. BYU I think. Misses a wide open throw then hits a perfect 1st down throw while getting drilled.
So odd.

Yep, did the same thing vs UF. His best throws come with a defender in his face. He is the football loser version of Reggie Miller.

It's a strange feeling to despise someone and feel awful for them at the same time. I hope he leaves soon for everybody's sake and hope he goes to a lesser conference and lights it up. Would be good to see him redeem himself.

Somewhere far far away from UT.

So odd.
We were all in great sympathy for him last year because of the pounding he took, and the toughness he showed. I think that is accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back