Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know what Pruitt yelled at JG coming off the field? Looked something like "Don't you EVER..." JG kept on walking right past him, causing Pruitt to move with him and grab the facemask to get him to listen. I'm actually more concerned by a QB not listening to his HC when he just made a colossal mistake and could learn something from someone who knows a lot more than he does.
Like I said, he’s the most selfish player I’ve ever seen

Gosh I loved this. IMO, this was a turning point for our line. They began to believe. This was my favorite play of the night.
I said it last night and I'll say it again. It seems like something has just "clicked" with this team. We had moments last night where we controlled the line of scrimmage. Love the physicality we've played with the last two weeks. BEAT WILL MUSCHAMP!!!!!!!

Hey y'all. No idea why that tweet has people so mad or feeling like I'm "trolling" fans. There were about a million things that didn't go Tennessee's way. It's what I thought a very clear reference on the game. It's not a comment on any fans in any way and I'm legitimately floored anyone took it that way. I wrote about a handful of the most impactful missed calls after the game.

Anyway, hope y'all are well. Enjoy the rest of the season and thanks for reading and subscribing.

f*** You!

JG being JG. He cant run the RPO game

Blue circled LB. Bites down. TE gets inside leverage and he hands it off when he shouldve thrown the slant

I'm not sure the kid, till this day, grasps the overall offensive scheme. I'm not sure he can even read a defense and know where to go with the ball. I mean really I don't think he does.
At practice and film study it's like being tutored. Your fine as long as your not having to discover the answers on your own but once you take the field your out of your comfort zone.

Does anybody know what Pruitt yelled at JG coming off the field? Looked something like "Don't you EVER..." JG kept on walking right past him, causing Pruitt to move with him and grab the facemask to get him to listen. I'm actually more concerned by a QB not listening to his HC when he just made a colossal mistake and could learn something from someone who knows a lot more than he does.

Pretty sure Weinke is right behind Pruitt, and you can see him say, “What the hell are you doing?”

We played inspired, great football last night against Bama and a pack of Zebras and after the first drive (which was a debacle) we took the fight to them and didn't play scared and didn't roll over, which is a HUGE step in the right direction for this team, even handicapped with JG the second half. I think everyone that didn't have Crimson glasses on last night could clearly see this was about a 1TD game or closer... The refs screwed us out of so many points/TD potentials, it would be scary to think what would have happened if we had even half of them...

The Maurer injury I think is more of a neck thing and hopefully not a concussion thing.

JG .... What the absolute F man....

Hopefully recruits took notice that we played toe to toe with the #1 team in the country for four quarters and just got screwed by the refs all along the way.

Need an injury update ASAP... We will see what happens with Maurer, we know Bituli will be back, but can't remember or didn't see anyone else specifically get hurt or come off the field... Hopefully we get some great news on this front today...
Unfortunately, the neck is what holds the head on :):)

I think people missed this, and it makes sense (this guy has to be a doctor)

sutro said:
Thanks for this, as I assume you had inside info, and this explanation makes way more sense. Watching the MS game, concussion just didn't make sense, as there was relatively gentle head impact, but then he hyperextended his neck with all his weight adding to the force of the fall going straight down the axis of the spinal cord with his cervical spine in a position where it couldn't carry a load. He then grabbed his upper neck. That's a good mechanism for either a teardrop or C1 burst fracture. I was initially quite relieved to see him moving all 4 limbs. After he was taken out but kept nonchalantly on the sideline, neck sprain, disc herniation or pinched nerve seemed most likely given the mechanics and overall lack of concern for more serious injury by medical staff. Then tonight, he falls backwards into the back of the OL thigh/knee. Again, soft head impact into a pretty soft area of the OLs body, but got hyperflexed. Hopefully just exacerbated a sprain and was held out as a precaution, and will need an MRI to confirm no ligamentous damage, worsened disc herniation or instability before being cleared.

That’s exactly what I’ve been saying. 😏

Reactions: JCP201
People seem to forget that BM is probably a buck five soaking wet. No meat on his bones so those licks hurt. Even JG had to gain weight to take those licks. Compare Brian to the other freshman starters in CFB they're naturally a little thicker coming in. Kid needs to add about 15-20.
He needs to put at least 20 on. His arms look like noodles and he isn't thick at all in his upper body. No denying this is a different team when he's on the field offensively. He absolutely has to be able to stay in a ball game if we want any shot at a bowl.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
This just feels different then the Butch and Dooly rebuilds. I think the biggest part is the players. It just looks and feels like a lot of them have bought in
Yeah you are right on. We have us a coach and the Vols are going to be rising to the top. Watch out for recruits we wasn"t even in on ringing the Vols up. Recruits see the improvement in those freshman and upper class men and will be able to picture themselves in that same position as a Vol and that is HUGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back