Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you watched his HS games, it was obvious that he was not gonna cut it.
I did. Always wondered where that 4th star came from...much less a fifth. Forget the name of the poster on here that got mad at the total absence of turmoil when he decommitted...just wasn’t a loss.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
My plan for the Bama game would be the same as the second half this weekend. Every time on O run play clock down to like 2-3 seconds slow down the game. Keep the score low by keeping the ball away from them. Not only does it give you a punchers chance of scoring and keeping it close but also keeps the optics nice for recruiting if you don’t get blown out 45-7 as opposed to like 21-7 or 21-3. Plus this way if you keep the score low and say get a few crazy turnovers on their half who knows. Just keep that clock rolling.

My plan for the Bama game would be the same as the second half this weekend. Every time on O run play clock down to like 2-3 seconds slow down the game. Keep the score low by keeping the ball away from them. Not only does it give you a punchers chance of scoring and keeping it close but also keeps the optics nice for recruiting if you don’t get blown out 45-7 as opposed to like 21-7 or 21-3. Plus this way if you keep the score low and say get a few crazy turnovers on their half who knows. Just keep that clock rolling.
That is the way Cutcliffe played some top ranked explosive team (was it Louisville?) and he almost beat them as I recall.

Georgia State was a total freak fluke..in the grand scheme it means nothing, because it was not treated as real game...we play that game again this week and beat them by 50.

I would argue a fluke is losing to a team on a last second play that involves 12 laterals or something like the kick 6. Ga St straight up beat us. We don’t have to dwell on it, but you can’t discount it when having a discussion about Pruitt and the Vols.

It happened, it counted, and let’s hope our staff never lets something similar occur again.

I would argue a fluke is losing to a team on a last second play that involves 12 laterals or something like the kick 6. Ga St straight up beat us. We don’t have to dwell on it, but you can’t discount it when having a discussion about Pruitt and the Vols.

It happened, it counted, and let’s hope our staff never lets something similar occur again.

That's a bingo

Agree completely, so hard to label it a “fluke” the Vols were down by as many as 15 at one point and I’m not sure they had the lead in the second half. Another I’ve heard people say is they “would’ve beaten BYU if their confidence wasn’t shot from Week 1.” That argument would actually held more water if the Vols didn’t lead for 95% of the game. Hard to make either of those arguments. They happened. Just have to move forward.

Bigger question is how does Wisconsin do it? They only have like 3 players rated a 4 star or better and have pitched 4 shutouts this year, plus they are a top 10 team. I don’t care if they were crappy teams, that is difficult to do period. It basically takes a game with no mistakes defensively.

somebody juicing the cheese up there

That is the way Cutcliffe played some top ranked explosive team (was it Louisville?) and he almost beat them as I recall.

Kiffin did that to both Bama and Florida. It also helped to have Montario Hardesty. It bet it got real old tackling him by the end of the third quarter...

Reactions: JCP201
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back