Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know what to think. Tommy Stevens was awfully bad with releasing the ball and gave our DL time (maybe coverage?). We did blitz well (Bryce Thompson is our best blitzer).
Bryce needs to learn how to tackle and quickly! He can’t just pop someone with a shoulder pad and think they will fall down.

Bryce needs to learn how to tackle and quickly! He can’t just pop someone with a shoulder pad and think they will fall down.
Yeah I saw him do that a couple of times and one of them gave MSU the first down when he just popped the QB instead of wrapping him up... can be fixed though, which is good.

You are probably right. It probably crossed my mind because he got that "all about me" reputation as a freshman. If Dobbs did the same thing, I wouldn't think a thing.
If ANY other player did that, there would not be a thought at all. We manufacture drama after we’ve won because we have empty souls and need pain to fill the void

Speaking of celebrations, if flowers broke his leg during that interception was the celebration part of the injury?

I didn’t even notice he was hurt but I am sure there was a celebration of some sort if his injury wasn’t obvious to his teammates

wonder how Jerry Jones' call to Lincoln Riley went this morning?
“Hello? Hello? Lincoln? Shirley I don’t think you dialed that number right...hello? Roosevelt? Get off that damn Candy Crush and call Oklahoma! Hello? Do you hear me? I hear you breathing! This is Jerry...gotta axe you something!”

“Hello? Hello? Lincoln? Shirley I don’t think you dialed that number right...hello? Roosevelt? Get off that damn Candy Crush and call Oklahoma! Hello? Do you hear me? I hear you breathing! This is Jerry...gotta axe you something!”

"Jerry Jr, get your grubby hands out the fruit loops box and get in the car, gotta take you to school!"

Really nice article from Simonton reviewing and breaking down the game...

VolQuest - Upon Further Review: More steam
Read it last night. Mostly good. He’s got a stick up his nether region over Darnell Wright imo. He’s got a normal amount of improvement to make but is on course for ANYBODY starting their first season...much less a non-EE true freshman. I don’t play the “told you so” game, but in the off-season we heard about wishes that Morris/Wright sit and watch. Always sided with play your best talent. These kids might not recognize WHY their man is going backwards yet...but it’s better than completely understanding why their assignment is running by them. Like Ryan Johnson the same as I liked Brett Kendrick, but they shouldn’t be starting if someone better (like Carvin) isn’t hurt.

Reactions: drvenner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back