Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like they may have gotten an update on the legal process that leads the coaches to believe this goes away or is greatly reduced. If the information checks out, he plays.

Pretty sure the hearing is set for Monday but they are hoping to get it handled before that hopefully Thursday or Friday.

You don't even know what defense is if you felt compelled to throw out his defensive "rankings" over the last 4 years at a PAC12 school.

What else is there to throw out? "He's done pretty good with the 2 & 3 stars at WSU, even in the PAC-12...here's the rankings the last 4 seasons" you're the one who has really taken off with this. You don't like Leach, we get it. Let's move on cause you want to argue your opinion based on perception/assumptions against stats, and I just see no point in that discussion, sorry.

I’m not completely out on Pruitt. I’m sort of like maybe almost 50% still committed but I’m taking some visits just to see if there are other opportunities if for some reason Pruitt doesn’t work out. I just want to consider all my options and be as sure as I can when I make my final choice. #RespectMyDecision. No Interviews. #VFL

I think Florida and MSU are must win games. jmo. And I think we should win both of those games. I don’t think it will be easy but I think we should win. We beat Auburn last year because they had a green offensive line and because Alontae Taylor was able to scoop and score on a fumble recovery. We beat Kentucky last year because they had a one-dimensional offense. They could run the ball but couldn’t pass worth a hoot. We did what we could to stop their run, sacked Wilson a few times when he tried to pass and intercepted him twice. I think Florida is sort of like Auburn last year and MSU (look at their passing performance against KSU on their own field last week) may be a bit like Kentucky last year.

I can’t seem to find a single Gator fan that thinks they will lose to us on Saturday or even that the game will be all that competitive. If Pruitt is going to turn this around, which I am cautiously optimistic he will, and 100% hope he will, then it’s going to start in the swamp on Saturday where we will see Gators crying crocodile tears. jmo.
agree with a lot of this.

can't get to "should beat UF" though....agree it would go a long way on mending some bridges and nursing some wounds.

but it has't been a "should win" in a very, very long time...........................

Reactions: ChattaTNVol
It’s two totally different positions. I remember nnamdi asomugha was the best corner in the nfl for the raiders playing primarily man. Then he was the big free agent pickup for the eagles and was awful in that zone scheme.
Why would a player be great in man coverage put suck in zone🤔With man being the harder coverage

I’m not completely out on Pruitt. I’m sort of like maybe almost 50% still committed but I’m taking some visits just to see if there are other opportunities if for some reason Pruitt doesn’t work out. I just want to consider all my options and be as sure as I can when I make my final choice. #RespectMyDecision. No Interviews. #VFL

I think Florida and MSU are must win games. jmo. And I think we should win both of those games. I don’t think it will be easy but I think we should win. We beat Auburn last year because they had a green offensive line and because Alontae Taylor was able to scoop and score on a fumble recovery. We beat Kentucky last year because they had a one-dimensional offense. They could run the ball but couldn’t pass worth a hoot. We did what we could to stop their run, sacked Wilson a few times when he tried to pass and intercepted him twice. I think Florida is sort of like Auburn last year and MSU (look at their passing performance against KSU on their own field last week) may be a bit like Kentucky last year.

I can’t seem to find a single Gator fan that thinks they will lose to us on Saturday or even that the game will be all that competitive. If Pruitt is going to turn this around, which I am cautiously optimistic he will, and 100% hope he will, then it’s going to start in the swamp on Saturday where we will see Gators crying crocodile tears. jmo.
I wouldn’t say any of us are “out” on Pruitt yet. We all like the guy and want him to succeed if for no other reason than we regularly bungle coaching searches.

What we usually find ourselves debating here is “will he make it?” and “what happens if he doesn’t?” Those are speculative discussions and that irritates some folks. Doesn’t mean we’re not all rooting for the same team come high noon on Saturday.

Reactions: ChattaTNVol
Why would a player be great in man coverage put suck in zone🤔With man being the harder coverage
totally different responsibilities...

physically, man is harder. mentally, zone can be a lot tougher because of the communication and assignment responsiblity and having to know who has what and when.

My one thought on Leach is we all love hearing him talk at other schools but if he was at Tennessee we would get tired of him real quick. He would say something quirky and people would get mad at him. Leach has a strong personality and it would rub a lot of our fanbase the wrong way and they would make a lot of noise and cry about it.

Reactions: crazyguy
I've about decided that my 4th favorite team after (2) whoever is playing Bammer and (3) whoever is playing Bulldugs, is: (4) ahhhrrrrrr matie, whoever is playing that dumbass "pirate."

What else is there to throw out? "He's done pretty good with the 2 & 3 stars at WSU, even in the PAC-12...here's the rankings the last 4 seasons" you're the one who has really taken off with this. You don't like Leach, we get it. Let's move on cause you want to argue your opinion based on perception/assumptions against stats, and I just see no point in that discussion, sorry.
Maybe you need to go back and re-read my posts about Leach, then edit this silly post.

It’s not a matter of harder or easier. It’s just two totally different positions basically. Some players can’t play man, some can’t play zone.

Richard Sherman is a primary example of a zone corner. If you put him on a team that plays a lot of man he will look like a totally different player.

Short answer? Man = one responsibility, and talent/speed/size can carry you even if you lack awareness or play recognition.

Zone especially with lesser talent around you can be a nightmare...if you're facing SEC speed, 2 WRs route in front of you and both you and the safety pick the same guy that other WR houses it from 70 yards out...

Who remembers the LSU defense humiliating the most amazingiest intellectualistical offense at Oregon? That's what I think about arrrrhhhhh, matie.

Easy Hank...actual stats aren't allowed arguing with @SLICKYINC he's got "feelings" to prop up his FACTs.

I don’t get it. I’m not saying the SEC isn’t the best conference, i definitely think it is. But there’s not some huge gap between the conferences. Especially when you measure teams 3-10. Take out the best few and the worst few and they are all the same

Now back when you had Meyer at Florida, mikes at LSU, richt at uga, Saban at bama, Franklin at vandy, spurrier at SC etc the sec was a nightmare. The sec lost so many good coaches in a while ago and it really hasn’t recovered

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Which other coaches could get wins AT Auburn and 12th ranked Kentucky in their first year inheriting Butch Jones mess.

and still go 5-7? I mean I like Pruitt, and I am very hopeful he ends up being the right guy. But he's still 6-9 for his career with only 2 SEC wins thus far, still in a bit of a wait and see mode at this point. If we were 3-0 (like we should be) going into Florida...totally different mindset.

But we're not. Year 3 & 4 is where I'll really be critical of CJP, my biggest worries right now is the amount of turnover after his first season in staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back