Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like they may have gotten an update on the legal process that leads the coaches to believe this goes away or is greatly reduced. If the information checks out, he plays.
Well Kenneth George actually hit a cop and he is playing (started last game) so I’m not too worried about Bryce Thompson.

I would have agreed with everything you’re saying before losing to Ga St. That game creates a lot of doubt for the recruits and another bowless season will probably be too much to overcome for continued quality recruiting.
yet we've only seen one guy decommit and virtually every other recruit has publically said all the right things regarding TN and where we are in the process right now..

and hte season isn't over, technically, yet.

I have no doubt Lane would've won big here but those wins would of probably been taken away a few years later. The guy can flat out coach. He is still one of the best X's and O's guys I've ever seen not named Saban.
I think you're exaggerating quite a bit. If he were that elite at X/O, the Raiders job would've gone better for him. He's an offe sobe x/o guru. That doesn't make him someone who "can flat out coach."

I'd argue Saban isn't the gold standard of greatness at x/o, and that most of the most elite coaches aren't great because they are elite at x/o.

Doeren turned us down because the fanbase was still in full on psycho mode after Schiano stuff. Brohm also turned us down and he isn't exactly setting the world on fire at Purdue.
Brohm is 1 game below .500 currently, taking over a program that had gone 8-28 the 3 years before he came. I'd give that guy 5 years before I say yay or nay, but that in itself is a hell of a turnaround. 2 straight bowl games after winning no more than 3 games in the previous 3 years is pretty amazing actually.

Kudos on the well charged phone!
Had to drive to Lexington for a business meeting and left my charger at home so I was forced to walk a mile to Target to buy one. Through downtown Lexington in my orange polo. Some of the locals tried to make comments but they had nothing to back it up. So it was a well earned fully charged phone.

you're not wrong. and that's a good comparison, at least from a schematic standpoint.

It’s two totally different positions. I remember nnamdi asomugha was the best corner in the nfl for the raiders playing primarily man. Then he was the big free agent pickup for the eagles and was awful in that zone scheme.

Reactions: SD189
You don't understand what the word fact means. Until it happens there's nothing "fact" about it, so again. Welcome to whatever opinion you want to have. He's won more in 2 different Power 5 conferences than all 4 of the last UT Head Coaches combined.
You can try to prop up your OPINION with all of that junk your talking. But everyone knows deep down he'd fail here, sure would be cute to watch him roll in on a pirate ship though and have some weird but funny press conferences....... Post some more BIG12 and PAC12 stats then compare them to a SEC schedule he'd have to play. But the FACT of the matter is.... His air raid would not work at Tennessee.

Reactions: OrangenSC
0-2. not exactly a recipie for roses and rainbows all day long....for any fan base.
Ya, I'd challenge you to find any Power 5 fan base who loses to the 2 teams we lost to but still has a large majority of fans supporting their coach.

You can try to prop up your OPINION with all of that junk your talking. But everyone knows deep down he'd fail here, sure would be cute to watch him roll in on a pirate ship though and have some weird but funny press conferences....... Post some more BIG12 and PAC12 stats then compare them to a SEC schedule he'd have to play. But the FACT of the matter is.... His air raid would not work at Tennessee.

At least I'm not claiming my opinion as fact.

It’s two totally different positions. I remember nnamdi asomugha was the best corner in the nfl for the raiders playing primarily man. Then he was the big free agent pickup for the eagles and was awful in that zone scheme.
yeah, and being a panther fan, when norman left, i thought that it was a huge mistake. he's been ok as a redskin, but no where near as good as he was when he was here. so much better here.....and the scheme was the major difference. he's not a "lock down" move all over the field corner. he's just not. but put him on the left side, keep him there and he'll guard whoever you rolll out there.

Reactions: HankHill
You guys that know more about football than I do... What's wrong with our DL? It isn't like the guys playing that position aren't big enough, their huge. So what is the problem? Are they just not talented enough? Are they not explosive enough, lacking quick twitch? Are they not strong enough? Are they using poor technique, not getting proper leverage? What's the deal there?
3 stars and low 4 stars. 1st year JUCOs. Still getting 3-4 specific guys. Is what it is. We knew they wouldn't be good. Gotta struggle through this year and hope LBs can clean up often enough.

Ya, you're not using the word "fact" correctly.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
I’m not completely out on Pruitt. I’m sort of like maybe almost 50% still committed but I’m taking some visits just to see if there are other opportunities if for some reason Pruitt doesn’t work out. I just want to consider all my options and be as sure as I can when I make my final choice. #RespectMyDecision. No Interviews. #VFL

I think Florida and MSU are must win games. jmo. And I think we should win both of those games. I don’t think it will be easy but I think we should win. We beat Auburn last year because they had a green offensive line and because Alontae Taylor was able to scoop and score on a fumble recovery. We beat Kentucky last year because they had a one-dimensional offense. They could run the ball but couldn’t pass worth a hoot. We did what we could to stop their run, sacked Wilson a few times when he tried to pass and intercepted him twice. I think Florida is sort of like Auburn last year and MSU (look at their passing performance against KSU on their own field last week) may be a bit like Kentucky last year.

I can’t seem to find a single Gator fan that thinks they will lose to us on Saturday or even that the game will be all that competitive. If Pruitt is going to turn this around, which I am cautiously optimistic he will, and 100% hope he will, then it’s going to start in the swamp on Saturday where we will see Gators crying crocodile tears. jmo.

Ya, I'd challenge you to find any Power 5 fan base who loses to the 2 teams we lost to but still has a large majority of fans supporting their coach.
lol. find me something that says TN's doesn't?

there's also the point of "we dont' have a choice" right now.

they just painted the rock with the whole "we support our coach and players"............doubt you saw anything like that on UCLA's campus last week lol.

if you're out on pruitt, fine. but i'd bet if you're out now, you were out before he ever got started. prolly still steaming that he coached the bammers in the national title game instead of 'cruitin for TN!!!!

Sounds like they may have gotten an update on the legal process that leads the coaches to believe this goes away or is greatly reduced. If the information checks out, he plays.
Possibly, but its important to remember that the universities decision about BT status as a student and member of the football team is independent of whatever the legal system decides. He could be found guilty and as long as the punishment doesnt cause him to miss class or practice he could still be a student and a football player. Also it's important to remember that when accused of a crime you will be overcharged 9 out of 10 times because a judge can always find you guilty of a lesser crime but not of a more severe crime.

Reactions: barrylee
3 stars and low 4 stars. 1st year JUCOs. Still getting 3-4 specific guys. Is what it is. We knew they wouldn't be good. Gotta struggle through this year and hope LBs can clean up often enough.

Add Gooden practicing as a 1 all spring/fall and then blowing his ACL too. I think we're starting to see Emerson, Bumphus turn the corner though and figure it out. Need Solomon & Middleton to play to their size, both are massive men and strong. They just don't seem to be fully confident with what they're doing just yet.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I’m not completely out on Pruitt. I’m sort of like maybe almost 50% still committed but I’m taking some visits just to see if there are other opportunities if for some reason Pruitt doesn’t work out. I just want to consider all my options and be as sure as I can when I make my final choice. #RespectMyDecision. No Interviews. #VFL

I think Florida and MSU are must win games. jmo. And I think we should win both of those games. I don’t think it will be easy but I think we should win. We beat Auburn last year because they had a green offensive line and because Alontae Taylor was able to scoop and score on a fumble recovery. We beat Kentucky last year because they had a one-dimensional offense. They could run the ball but couldn’t pass worth a hoot. We did what we could to stop their run, sacked Wilson a few times when he tried to pass and intercepted him twice. I think Florida is sort of like Auburn last year and MSU (look at their passing performance against KSU on their own field last week) may be a bit like Kentucky last year.

I can’t seem to find a single Gator fan that thinks they will lose to us on Saturday or even that the game will be all that competitive. If Pruitt is going to turn this around, which I am cautiously optimistic he will, and 100% hope he will, then it’s going to start in the swamp on Saturday where we will see Gators crying crocodile tears. jmo.

I'm dying... lololol.

Reactions: ChattaTNVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back