Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to the Vol Pod cast today. Cliffs notes. UT has made this bed (i.e. Fulmer hiring Pruitt, then subsequently extending him) and now we have to lie in it, because if we fire Pruitt, no decent coach, outside of Freeze, would come here*, if we fired Pruitt in COVID year. Thoughts on if Fulmer should have just pulled a Barry Alavarez and made himself HC for a year, the rebooted the coaching search Fall of 2018? Also Pruitt needs to learn how to be a CEO, hopes were that Fulmer would have aided in his maturation, but so far he is failing at the CEO aspects of being a HC. 1. In-game decisions 2. mismanagement of QB position. Right now he is just a good football coach and recruiter. We have to cross our fingers and wait and see if he can grow into CEO role*.

*Fixed

Last edited:
I listened to the Vol Pod cast today. Cliffs notes. UT has made this bed (i.e. Fulmer hiring Pruitt, then subsequently extending him) and now we have to lie in it, because if we fire Pruitt, no decent coach, outside of Freeze, would come him, if we fired Pruitt in COVID year. Thoughts on if Fulmer should have just pulled a Barry Alavarez and made himself HC for a year, the rebooted the coaching search Fall of 2018? Also Pruitt needs to learn how to be a CEO, hopes were that Fulmer would have aided in his maturation, but so far he is failing at the CEO aspects of being a HC. 1. In-game decisions 2. mismanagement of QB position. Right now he is just a good football coach and recruiter. We have to cross our fingers and wait and see if he can grow into CEO roll.

We need a new AD as well. Blackburn or what butchna said awhile back, UABs AD.

I listened to the Vol Pod cast today. Cliffs notes. UT has made this bed (i.e. Fulmer hiring Pruitt, then subsequently extending him) and now we have to lie in it, because if we fire Pruitt, no decent coach, outside of Freeze, would come him, if we fired Pruitt in COVID year. Thoughts on if Fulmer should have just pulled a Barry Alavarez and made himself HC for a year, the rebooted the coaching search Fall of 2018? Also Pruitt needs to learn how to be a CEO, hopes were that Fulmer would have aided in his maturation, but so far he is failing at the CEO aspects of being a HC. 1. In-game decisions 2. mismanagement of QB position. Right now he is just a good football coach and recruiter. We have to cross our fingers and wait and see if he can grow into CEO roll.

So in other words!!....Hire freeze?...lol ok deal

Good post--the financial impact alone is often overlooked by the fans. A lot of posters seem to assume that Phil will just pay a visit to the money tree behind the Football Complex and have enough to cover both Pruitt's buyout and pay for Freeze. Add in the AD's financial losses from COVID this year (including men's basketball), and the unknown of how the 2021 football season will play out, and there's a lot to make even the most seasoned AD wary.

That said, I firmly believe that if this was a normal football season, Pruitt would be fired.
Losses due to covid are not a factor in a differential analysis. They exist regardless.

A good football coach?..... maybe last year....but nope not this year.

I listened to the Vol Pod cast today. Cliffs notes. UT has made this bed (i.e. Fulmer hiring Pruitt, then subsequently extending him) and now we have to lie in it, because if we fire Pruitt, no decent coach, outside of Freeze, would come here*, if we fired Pruitt in COVID year. Thoughts on if Fulmer should have just pulled a Barry Alavarez and made himself HC for a year, the rebooted the coaching search Fall of 2018? Also Pruitt needs to learn how to be a CEO, hopes were that Fulmer would have aided in his maturation, but so far he is failing at the CEO aspects of being a HC. 1. In-game decisions 2. mismanagement of QB position. Right now he is just a good football coach and recruiter. We have to cross our fingers and wait and see if he can grow into CEO role*.

*Fixed
If he couldn't do it in Y1, Y2, or Y3, I'm sure Y4 will be the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back