Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I hear you but at the same time I’d like to see Barnes make a final 4 or win a natty here at tennessee that’s the ultimate goal, thats Something he’s never done not even at Texas.a lot of teams have had their share of 1 and done’s,doesn’t mean that’s the start of a dynasty for 1 players to start flocking there.
It's coming soon, at least a Final 4

Exactly, Villanova is the perfect model for today's version of college basketball. A couple of one and done's every 4 years or so, mixed with high 4 stars (or even low 5 stars that need to develop, what Barnes does very well) that stay 3 or 4 years. Kinda what Barnes is starting to do, right now. Future is bright in basketball for at least, the next 3 or 4 years, probably as long as Barnes stays
Yep. Only two teams I think have won with one and done was Anthony Davis and MKG but had sophomore Terrence Jones and Duke with Tyus Jones, Winslow, Okafor but had senior Quinn Cook and Amile Jefferson and Matt Jones. Most teams aren’t winning with all one and done or UK would win. I’ve always though calipari was overrated as an actual coach he’s just a good cheater I mean recruiter.

Seems the question would be can he recruit on the SEC. In his postgame today, he said his staff had been together a long time. That sounded like sentiment that led Butch Jones to bring his long time staff to the SEC before acknowledging they weren’t up to recruiting at this level.
Frankly, I want a coach. Recruiting will take care of itself.

Agree 100%. If you told me Freeze was the coach I’d be on board because I like the idea of an offensive coach and the fact that he considers this his dream job.

But Fulmer never makes that hire.

And when cooler heads prevail - I’m still not out on Pruitt. I can not accurately judge him until he has a QB not as debilitating as JG. I’m excited to see this team the remaining 3 games. I want to see what they do next year with a new QB.

I get there’s a lot of pisses off fans spewing nothing but doom and gloom. I’m not there yet. This has been a **** season from start to end and I’m basically considering it a wash and looking towards next year.

I disagree with both of you. I believe what the recruits have seen on the field and our wonderful record will be plenty reason to run from this program.

I don’t understand this take. It’s a fan message board. People are taking time to post this because that is the point of a message board. It’s filled with opinions of fans.

I doubt people are out there slitting wrists and quitting their jobs.
Nothing wrong with debate or expressing opinions. It's the sheer volume of constant bitching that drags us down.

I'm not defending him. That is definitely awful and the worst loss in history. I'm just saying I don't think its clear that the intern is better.

How about they are 304 points different?

CBJ outscored his opponents by 196. Pruitt is -108 and about to get worse. It's beyond clear through 3 years.

If Pruitt isn’t fired, I think we see more changes on defense than offense.

OC: Chaney
WR: Tee
RB: Graham
TE: Neids
OL: Friend
QB: Osevet

DC/ILB: Will Muschamp
DL: Brooks
OLB: Felton
DB: Robinson
HC/DB: Pruitt

I bet we could get some good DL transfers then. I would love those five star DEs.
You are close to reaching the acceptance phase. Well done!

Peyton’s a consummate politician. Everyone likes him, wants him for every job, and he never puts anything in lol
I think he’s done a lot for this university, as a player and alumnus. Nothing can take away from that except be in the forefront of any change. Won’t happen, again. He came close with the Schiano almost hire, if we believe what was being reported at the time. He will protect his stature with the fanbase and the viewing public. Can’t really blame him for it.

Seems legit but didn’t Butch have an emotional reaction when we beat Ga? Can’t judge a coach solely based off of emotions.
I get what you’re saying but this guy would coach circles around Butch. He also just got Iowa State within one game of a big 12 championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back