Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of our best are now in contact tracing quarantine and wouldn’t have been able to play this weekend...someone wanting to save you know who.

Why does beating a winless Vandy save him. I repeat. Why does beating a winless Vandy save him. No damn rational sense around this program, I swear lol

He’s safe for this year regardless. The SEC didn’t move games around to help Tennessee.

None of that makes sense.
Could be the exact opposite. Birmingham sees the writing on the wall, Saban doesn’t want Freeze at UT, so Birmingham is doing what they can to give Pruitt another year so UT misses out on the Freeze Festival. Yep. That’s it! Hold on I gotta go grab some more tin foil for my helmet!

Sorry I don’t buy for a second that Fulmer coordinated some effort with the SEC to postpone our game this weekend to help Pruitt.

Seems like the SEC’s explanation was clear - it was a move set to help each team get their 10.
Tennessee is the only one of those teams that will be playing on December 19th now. Vandy vs. Missouri could have easily been played on December 12th. If you go listen to the press conference from yesterday you will hear Pruitt get called out on why State played UGA with 49 players and that was before anything was announced. Tennessee won't play Florida either, watch. Fulmer is trying to avoid making a change because a Vandy loss would have forced him out the door as well.

Last edited:
Tennessee is then only one of those teams that will be playing on December 19th now. Vandy vs. Missouri could have easily been played on December 12th. If you go listen to the press conference from yesterday you will hear Pruitt get called out on why State played UGA with 49 players and that was before anything was announced. Tennessee won't play Florida either, watch. Fulmer is trying to avoid making a change because a Vandy loss would have forced him out the door as well.

If we play vandy this weekend we would loose...
And we could play if we wanted to. I won’t elaborate anymore than that.
I can’t believe we are ducking a winless Vandy! What in the world has this football program come to? The time to make a change is now. The TN football program we know and love should be able to hammer Vandy with our backups. This is sickening.

I get the feeling that if Pruitt gets boat raced in the next two games he won't get to coach that Vandy game. Nightmare scenario for him. A fired up Vandy team at home looking for a lone win against their biggest rival and a demoralized Vol squad.

His opportunity to quiet his critics even for a week is gone. Looking for the positive in this .

Calling it now. Pruitt is fired December 6th.
That actually might make a lot of sense. Fulmer knows the team has quit and one more blowout will push the rest of the power boosters over the edge. Fire Pruitt after Florida, and the team will hopefully be re-energized under an interim coach like Chaney to save face and beat Vandy.

Hugh Freeze is a good football coach. He is. I won’t dispute what is indisputable.

However, the way this place has turned into Freeze or bust, given what we know about him, what he did at Ole Miss, and how that entire program was built on a house of cards, is pretty unexpected.

At the beginning of the year the conventional wisdom around these parts was that Pruitt was a sure fire division winner at some point soon.

Now everyone is so sure the guy who won double digit games exactly one time at the P5 level, and who did it on the back of the dirtiest type of recruiting you can imagine (which was quickly vacated), is our savior is comical.

I remember how you all spoke about the guy when we were going head to head with him for Drew Richmond, among other recruits.

And the fact that you’ll sell your soul for wins that aren’t even guaranteed is telling.
I think we ALL can agree on this...let’s start off and get Pruitt out of here, then work from there. I think Fulmer hired the best candidate 3 years ago with what pool he had left to work with. I think he will hire the best candidate this go around and have a much larger and more proven HC pool. Fire Pruitt, hire a proven HC, and let’s start winning some games.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
That actually might make a lot of sense. Fulmer knows the team has quit and one more blowout will push the rest of the power boosters over the edge. Fire Pruitt after Florida, and the team will hopefully be re-energized under an interim coach like Chaney to save face and beat Vandy.

Fulmer knows the team has quit?

You really believe that? After - typical JG aside - we played one of our best games of the season?

Seeing us dominate Auburn at the LOS led you to believe the team quit?

Fant and Brandon Johnson sprinting after Smoke Monday all the way to the end zone when it was clear they wouldn’t catch him led you to believe the team has quit?

Seeing zero players opt out in a year when it would be perfectly justified to has led you to believe the team has quit?

I swear some of you just need to unplug for a while. It’s been a rough year and we’re all frustrated but some of you are losing it.

You all act like you know who is a sure thing and which coaches would be interested, but I know for a fact it’s much more fluid than anything we understand at the ground level.

I know Tee Martin is a good coach, I know the players love him, I know he cares about this university and I know he won’t embarrass us or tell people he’s not worried because he can get an assistant job at Alabama.

Do I know he’d win big here? No I don’t. But I don’t know that with any of these candidates. Not even y’all’s golden boy Hugh Freeze.

Is Tee at the top of my list of sure fire candidates? No he isn’t. But if he got this job, it would 100000% fill me with a sense of pride and I’d get behind him with everything I’ve got.
Honest question why do you "know" Tee is a good coach?

or tell people he’s not worried because he can get an assistant job at Alabama.

Pretty sure I’ve seen you make reference to this a dozen or so times the past couple weeks. Serious question here..... is this something we know Pruitt has said, in an interview or PC or otherwise? What is the reference for this alleged statement?

Is there one or is this just something a poster as said he said? Because I don’t ever remember seeing or hearing that anywhere prior to it being attributed to him during all of our 2020 rage these past few weeks.

Fulmer knows the team has quit?

You really believe that? After - typical JG aside - we played one of our best games of the season?

Seeing us dominate Auburn at the LOS led you to believe the team quit?

Fant and Brandon Johnson sprinting after Smoke Monday all the way to the end zone when it was clear they wouldn’t catch him led you to believe the team has quit?

Seeing zero players opt out in a year when it would be perfectly justified to has led you to believe the team has quit?

I swear some of you just need to unplug for a while. It’s been a rough year and we’re all frustrated but some of you are losing it.
The team has quit on Pruitt after the Auburn game. I don’t guess you paid any attention to what AV said a few days ago? He said they had to basically coerce and force numerous players from opting out. Also, just because some individual players haven’t quit doesn’t mean the majority of the team hasn’t quit. Do we look like a unified team out there? I don’t think so. Look like a bunch of individuals playing for themselves but not each other.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back