Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously a lot of you have made up your minds what needs to be done and it's hard to argue otherwise. What I am looking for in the remaining games that are played: 1) Does Pruitt play the young guys 2) Does Chaney show some innovation and creativity 3) How do the players respond to adversity 4) What does the body language of the players and coaches look like 5) (MY) benchmark is to finish 2-2. I remember sitting in the Swamp when Franks beat us at the end. The entire game my wife kept commenting on how the players on the sideline and the coaches were dead. That's what we saw against Arky. Need to see if anything has changed.

Two ways this could go down

1. Pruitt is fired and Freeze gets hired very quickly. Vols offense is exciting again and Neyland stadium is rocking again

2. Pruitt is fired and Fulmer announces a search committee and administration goes cheap. Starts off promising but same old story.
Or...

3. Pruitt is retained regardless of finish

Reactions: BruinVol

1. Pruitt is fired and Freeze gets hired very quickly. Vols offense is exciting again and Neyland stadium is rocking again

2. Pruitt is fired and Fulmer announces a search committee and administration goes cheap. Starts off promising but same old story.

3. Fulmer sticks with his man

Reactions: headhunter15
Even if it's not, its still better than Pruitt. Arkansas is a **** job and they found a coach that works for them so far. Pruitt isn't working.
we thought pruitt was gonna work when we went down to Auburn in 18 and won.

we thought pruitt was gonna work with how he closed the 19 and 20 classes.

we thought pruitt was gonna work with how we finished last season.

we felt pretty good about pruitt 2 1/2 games in to this season.

things change. we'll see how pittman and co. are doing in 3 years too.

I’m leaning more toward a different coach in 2021. I do not see anyway Pruitt survives a 3-7 season and two blow out losses to end the season (UF & A&M). Plus, Freeze making it so known that he wants this job makes it even easier for this AD and administration. They could wait until after early signing day to make the move too.
I’ll be very eager to see if we start hearing “Freeze has always loved Auburn.” “He’s always been a big Blacksburg guy.”

He’s not taking the South Carolina job because that job sucks. Doesn’t mean he’s necessarily picking Tennessee though.

I mean, Hart played the game with Barnes hire. I don't care what anyone says, that was a very smart/clutch move.

He spoke to Barnes before hiring Donnie, knew at that moment we'd be doing Texas a favor and paying a buyout to get Barnes. So he hired Donnie KNOWING the potential NCAA issues, then wrote a contract that easily allowed us to fire him once the NCAA bubbled up. Hell once Texas let go of Barnes, Hart might have tipped the NCAA off about Donnie.

Not really related to Pruitt or Hughmors, but I believe that situation was indeed "fire a guy to hire the guy" and it was executed extremely well. I'm just disappointed Hart bought the fool's gold that Butch was :(

chris lowe throwing a big wet blanket over all this right now........lol....pushing patience...wait and see.....doesn't believe we can go get a good coach.....not as good a job as we think.....

buckle up folks....i think it's gonna be a bumpy finish.....
Lol! So tired of people pushing that narrative. We are at worst a top fifteen program. We have been down so long that our image has taken a big hit. This is exactly why you go hire a proven winner in Freeze and change the image of our program. They said the same things about Bama before Saban.

we thought pruitt was gonna work when we went down to Auburn in 18 and won.

we thought pruitt was gonna work with how he closed the 19 and 20 classes.

we thought pruitt was gonna work with how we finished last season.

we felt pretty good about pruitt 2 1/2 games in to this season.

things change. we'll see how pittman and co. are doing in 3 years too.
Yep. Morris was a **** coach but he recruited as well as any coach ever has at Arkansas. Pittman just gets the benefit of it.

We’ll see what happens when Odom and Briles get HC jobs.

chris lowe throwing a big wet blanket over all this right now........lol....pushing patience...wait and see.....doesn't believe we can go get a good coach.....not as good a job as we think.....

Where’s he saying this?

Yep. Morris was a **** coach but he recruited as well as any coach ever has at Arkansas. Pittman just gets the benefit of it.

yeah, neither of those guys are gonna be there long, but give sam credit...both were excellent hires.....

You don’t fire Pruitt unless Freeze has already signed a contract to be the TN Football Coach.
Couldn't sign Freeze to a contract unless the job is actually available (i.e., Pruitt has been fired). But you certainly don't fire Pruitt unless you know you can get Freeze. This isn't a "let's fire the coach, then figure out what to do" thing.

Reactions: MrVolton

Bingo. Pittman hired arguably the two best Coordinators in the country for a first time HC, however both of them are likely going to pull some HC offers sooner rather than later. When Pittman has to execute that first coordinator new hire, we'll see how good he is at picking staff.

Tell him we have been patient for 15 years. Nothing has changed since. We will all be dead before our patience pays off.

Reactions: barrylee
Couldn't sign Freeze to a contract unless the job is actually available (i.e., Pruitt has been fired). But you certainly don't fire Pruitt unless you know you can get Freeze. This isn't a "let's fire the coach, then figure out what to do" thing.

Super secret contract, man. One signed in blood, not ink.

3. we do nothing, go in to next year with serious angst, we flame out and fire him next year, and don't get anything resembling a coach that we all think can get it done.
4. we stick and stay and try to make it pay with pruitt and go the Stoops/dabo route...see you in year 7 and see what happens....stability is most important.

Reactions: DarthVol1
I mean, Hart played the game with Barnes hire. I don't care what anyone says, that was a very smart/clutch move.

He spoke to Barnes before hiring Donnie, knew at that moment we'd be doing Texas a favor and paying a buyout to get Barnes. So he hired Donnie KNOWING the potential NCAA issues, then wrote a contract that easily allowed us to fire him once the NCAA bubbled up. Hell once Texas let go of Barnes, Hart might have tipped the NCAA off about Donnie.

Not really related to Pruitt or Hughmors, but I believe that situation was indeed "fire a guy to hire the guy" and it was executed extremely well. I'm just disappointed Hart bought the fool's gold that Butch was :(

Very very different with the ncaa issues and DT

Fulmer isn’t going to handle this like a sneaky AD he’s going to handle it like a coach imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back