Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see Pruitt rallying the troops at this point. I remember when Bray and company tanked against Kentucky. Got the feeling they were done with Dooley and didn't want a bowl game . I wonder how much effort we will see in these closing games if the team has checked out.
I think we could see some life IF Bailey and these younger players hit the field. But that’s a big IF imo, I still think he trots out JG. Same Ole Pruitt

Last edited:
If I were making the decisions, CJP would have to win out for me to keep him. We are lucky we are not 1 - 5 right now. I honestly think some of the players really didn't want to play this year. DeAngelo Gibbs didn't. Vandy had several players to opt out yet they still gave UK all they wanted. Tells me that they are at least playing hard.

Very good takes @Devo182 that’s me.I just rant like everyone else on this forum!..I never noticed people actually took the time to read my...unbearable post,now I feel honored🥺 I guess that’s why my like to post ration is like almost 2 to 1 compared to theirs...suckas

View attachment 323668
I think the reason your likes to posts ratio is high is because virtually every post of yours is how JG sucks. That's always good for likes..

Ya know...considering this season was a "free one" I'm surprised how me kids opted out. I mean it's not like the NBA where they'll draft purely based on HS tape and size/talent evaluation. The NFL draft is really dictated by film and college more than anything else, even the guys who shoot up from combine performances still have good tape.

A guy like Gibbs for example, hasn't played in how long? And decided to opt out this season, but why? Is he planning to return next year and THAT be the season he explodes or is he going to try and get drafted after 2 seasons without playing?

Ya know...considering this season was a "free one" I'm surprised how me kids opted out. I mean it's not like the NBA where they'll draft purely based on HS tape and size/talent evaluation. The NFL draft is really dictated by film and college more than anything else, even the guys who shoot up from combine performances still have good tape.

A guy like Gibbs for example, hasn't played in how long? And decided to opt out this season, but why? Is he planning to return next year and THAT be the season he explodes or is he going to try and get drafted after 2 seasons without playing?
He better have a Jamar Chase type season for his only year then.

I don’t think Gibbs decision had anything to do with opting out/covid

Reactions: LoudOrange
Hugh wants the job, he is making that widely known. He told SC that. Only way its this year is if we lose 21+ rest of way and close win or lose to Vandy. Also need to do math on what it will cost to keep him. Donations, fan apathy, are pretty high now. Wait till we finish 3-7 or worse.
Would our administration go that route is the question. Hugh is a sure thing to get this program turned around

Reactions: bpvol
I don’t think Gibbs decision had anything to do with opting out/covid

You might be right...Pruitt mentioned Gibbs was going to "Focus on his academics" when he announced it. Maybe he was worried Gibbs would be deemed ineligible or something if we played him.

At any rate, I guess Gibbs returning next season could be of benefit.

chris lowe throwing a big wet blanket over all this right now........lol....pushing patience...wait and see.....doesn't believe we can go get a good coach.....not as good a job as we think.....

buckle up folks....i think it's gonna be a bumpy finish.....

Would our administration go that route is the question. Hugh is a sure thing to get this program turned around
Which is why I’m confused we haven’t started things.
We can sit here all day and go back and fourth on why or why not we should hire him this year, but we need to go ahead and get this done.

I’m so sick and tired of being ass year in and year out. I’m tired of our administration being losers and waiting till the last second to get a coach hired, we have trash and a laughing stock for years. It gets tiring getting hopeful for the season and getting hype about a tram that just ***** the bed against teams that are trash and then hearing excuses why we aren’t winning. It’s starting to feel like a never ending cycle of the same **** every four years then repeat.

This will keep happening unless we start changing now. I don’t know about everyone here but personally I’m sick of hearing, “the team isn’t buying in” okay well it’s the same story with the last couple of staffs. So what’s the REAL reason we have sucked? It’s because once again our whole administration failed and hired a dumbass first time HC when they thought they looked smart.

I’m tired of wasting money on ****. Time for a change.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
chris lowe throwing a big wet blanket over all this right now........lol....pushing patience...wait and see.....doesn't believe we can go get a good coach.....not as good a job as we think.....

Even if it's not, its still better than Pruitt. Arkansas is a **** job and they found a coach that works for them so far. Pruitt isn't working.

So are we officially starting Prumors? I think we need a thread for all this juicy information

Two ways this could go down

1. Pruitt is fired and Freeze gets hired very quickly. Vols offense is exciting again and Neyland stadium is rocking again

2. Pruitt is fired and Fulmer announces a search committee and administration goes cheap. Starts off promising but same old story.

Hugh wants the job, he is making that widely known. He told SC that. Only way its this year is if we lose 21+ rest of way and close win or lose to Vandy. Also need to do math on what it will cost to keep him. Donations, fan apathy, are pretty high now. Wait till we finish 3-7 or worse.
Let's do it.

Which is why I’m confused we haven’t started things.
We can sit here all day and go back and fourth on why or why not we should hire him this year, but we need to go ahead and get this done.

I’m so sick and tired of being ass year in and year out. I’m tired of our administration being losers and waiting till the last second to get a coach hired, we have trash and a laughing stock for years. It gets tiring getting hopeful for the season and getting hype about a tram that just ***** the bed against teams that are trash and then hearing excuses why we aren’t winning. It’s starting to feel like a never ending cycle of the same **** every four years then repeat.

This will keep happening unless we start changing now. I don’t know about everyone here but personally I’m sick of hearing, “the team isn’t buying in” okay well it’s the same story with the last couple of staffs. So what’s the REAL reason we have sucked? It’s because once again our whole administration failed and hired a dumbass first time HC when they thought they looked smart.

I’m tired of wasting money on ****. Time for a change.
really??? REALLY??? lol.

jeremy pruitt is gonna be our coach next year. i'm not sure i like that or not, but i believe it to be true....i've no reason, really, yet to believe otherwise.

the fodder about Hugh Freeze is just that. until it's not, and TN has given no indication other than speculative inuendo perpetrated by us on a message board that it has legs.

it has never been in our DNA to fire a guy, to get a guy......we won't fire him until the writing is ALL OVER the wall. does that happen this year? i don't know.

i don't believe it's there yet though. and that's not me pushing a narrative, jsut going on on what past experience has told me about what we do with coaches. it's had to crash and burn basically ever time, save Kiffin, to push a guy out.

my guess is we'll do the same here.

I share some of his thoughts. The patience thing would certainly be easier if we could see more young guys play and show promise.

But everyone assuming that Freeze would be the hire - let’s just say I’m in “I’ll believe it when I see it” mode.

We’ve been through coaching searches. Many of them. Recently. They never go how we want. Ever.

really??? REALLY??? lol.

jeremy pruitt is gonna be our coach next year. i'm not sure i like that or not, but i believe it to be true....i've no reason, really, yet to believe otherwise.

the fodder about Hugh Freeze is just that. until it's not, and TN has given no indication other than speculative inuendo perpetrated by us on a message board that it has legs.

it has never been in our DNA to fire a guy, to get a guy......we won't fire him until the writing is ALL OVER the wall. does that happen this year? i don't know.

i don't believe it's there yet though. and that's not me pushing a narrative, jsut going on on what past experience has told me about what we do with coaches. it's had to crash and burn basically ever time, save Kiffin, to push a guy out.

my guess is we'll do the same here.
Then the next coach will fail and we will be right back here in 3-4 years

Reactions: Smokeytom
Two ways this could go down

1. Pruitt is fired and Freeze gets hired very quickly. Vols offense is exciting again and Neyland stadium is rocking again

2. Pruitt is fired and Fulmer announces a search committee and administration goes cheap. Starts off promising but same old story.
That would be so Tennessee. We do fire Pruitt, Freeze begs for the job, and we still hire coach McGoogle. Freeze gets picked up by another school and wins big there while McGoogle is already on the hot seat in 2022

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back