Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just made my point for me.

QB play is bad. But also defense is bad. Neither is helping the other.

the defense is bad because the offense is horrible lol both go hand in hand you know this...common sense says the defense can’t stay on the field forever.the constant 3 and outs on offense are the end results you see on the field with the defense lol they literally get no breaks and we are not deep enough like bama or Georgia it’s that simple.we have the talent to win now no excuses.

the defense is bad because the offense is horrible lol both go hand in hand you know this...common sense says the defense can’t stay on the field forever.the constant 3 and outs on offense are the end results you see on the field with the defense lol they literally get no breaks and we are not deep enough like bama or Georgia it’s that simple.we have the talent to win now no excuses.
But the defense has been poor in 1st halves. Gave up nearly 400 to Bama in 1st half...over 300 to uga. This is an excuse regardless...but in our case one in which it doesn't even hold up. Plenty of bad offenses have elite defenses lol. Defense has to play regardless of how the offense does. The top 4 sec defenses currently have offenses ranked 5, 8, 9, 11 in the SEC.

So the O is bad bc of JG and the D is bad bc of ..... JG...? I admit I question Pruitt too every time he sends JG out there to play S or DL.

If JG could play centerfield better as a S then maybe our pass D would look better.

He also needs to work on his finesse moves when he’s playing on the DL imo bc his power moves aren’t getting him to the QB. I mean what does he have, like 0 sacks so far tho season? Not even a single QB hurry??

Damn JG!!!!

Reactions: barrylee
But the defense has been poor in 1st halves. Gave up nearly 400 to Bama in 1st half...over 300 to uga. This is an excuse regardless...but in our case one in which it doesn't even hold up. Plenty of bad offenses have elite defenses lol. Defense has to play regardless of how the offense does. The top 4 sec defenses currently have offenses ranked 5, 8, 9, 11 in the SEC.

Did you really just use bama and Georgia stats?...oof🤦🏽‍♂️ and define elite.what is the national ranking for those teams?....the sec from top to bottom is not good and you know that so the (SEC) ranking in a sense is misleading I always go by the national ranking.regardless of how bad their offense is in the sec they still generate points.we do not and that is a problem

So the O is bad bc of JG and the D is bad bc of ..... JG...? I admit I question Pruitt too every time he sends JG out there to play S or DL.

If JG could play centerfield better as a S then maybe our pass D would look better.

He also needs to work on his finesse moves when he’s playing on the DL imo bc his power moves aren’t getting him to the QB. I mean what does he have, like 0 sacks so far tho season? Not even a single QB hurry??

Damn JG!!!!

How hard is it to understand that because of Jarrett and his constant 3 and outs with no results our defense gets depleted?...just curious? so in a sense because of Jarrett he does indeed effect the defense without ever having to play ”safety” or any position on that side of the ball.you’re literally still trying to convince us this defense didn’t quit right in front of our very own eyes against Kentucky lol we all seen it and it was because the offense doesn’t produce so what exactly are they defending if we can’t score ?

Reactions: Jwbvol
Freeze and Thompson were shut down by SEC. not sure why Dan thinks a booster did that. Sankey banned both for a few yrs
If that’s true it makes me feel better about it. Just don’t like the thought of Boosters trying to control our football program. Just give us money and let the AD and coach handle the football side of things.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
How hard is it to understand that because of Jarrett and his constant 3 and outs with no results our defense gets depleted?...just curious? so in a sense because of Jarrett he does indeed effect the defense without ever having to play ”safety” or any position on that side of the ball.you’re literally still trying to convince us this defense didn’t quit right in front of our very own eyes against Kentucky lol we all seen it and it was because the offense doesn’t produce so what exactly are they defending if we can’t score ?

How hard is it to understand that I’m not saying O doesn’t affect D? Of course it affects game flow.

But what I’m also saying is that our D sucks. QB play has been bad, yes. Guess what - D has also been bad.

For like the millionth time - I’m not defending JG’s play. Pointing to our very obvious flaws on the defensive side of the ball is not me going to bat for him.

And you want me to believe the D quit in the UK game less than 2 minutes into the 3Q when we were down only 10 points bc the O went 3 and out? Grow up, Peter Pan. If that’s the case the we have even more problems on D than what I’m stating here.

If you believe our D gave up that easily then I have to presume the highest level athlete you’ve been around is a little leaguer.

Did you really just use bama and Georgia stats?...oof🤦🏽‍♂️ and define elite.what is the national ranking for those teams?....the sec from top to bottom is not good and you know that so the (SEC) ranking in a sense is misleading I always go by the national ranking.regardless of how bad their offense is in the sec they still generate points.we do not and that is a problem
Your argument was the offense caused the defense problems...because they were tiwed ...aww. Clearly not when we are giving up those yards in first halves.

But I digress...defense can play well regardless. Just an excuse. Posted the 2015/2016 UF East champ stats the other day....their offenses were awful and still did it. Shoot...just our own team last year played good defense and we won 8. Not only an excuse, but in our case we are giving up 300-400 vs the big 2 rivals in the FIRST half...so yeah miss me with that made up stuff.

Your argument was the offense caused the defense problems...because they were tiwed ...aww. Clearly not when we are giving up those yards in first halves.

But I digress...defense can play well regardless. Just an excuse. Posted the 2015/2016 UF East champ stats the other day....their offenses were awful and still did it. Shoot...just our own team last year played good defense and we won 8. Not only an excuse, but in our case we are giving up 300-400 vs the big 2 rivals in the FIRST half...so yeah miss me with that made up stuff.

Devo 👀😂😂 you know the east is weak and in 15-16 Florida got extremely lucky! Yes defense can win ballgames but they are deep defenses..we are not.look at time of possessions that will tell you everything you need to know...also the back half of the schedule last year was in our favor.unfortunately this year game 3 against Georgia wasn’t in our favor but everyone wanted it .the back half of this year schedule isnt really in our favor at all and it will be much tougher than last years.

How hard is it to understand that I’m not saying O doesn’t affect D? Of course it affects game flow.

But what I’m also saying is that our D sucks. QB play has been bad, yes. Guess what - D has also been bad.

For like the millionth time - I’m not defending JG’s play. Pointing to our very obvious flaws on the defensive side of the ball is not me going to bat for him.

And you want me to believe the D quit in the UK game less than 2 minutes into the 3Q when we were down only 10 points bc the O went 3 and out? Grow up, Peter Pan. If that’s the case the we have even more problems on D than what I’m stating here.

If you believe our D gave up that easily then I have to presume the highest level athlete you’ve been around is a little leaguer.

Assuming we are done here.😁

Assuming we are done here.😁

Sure, I assume you’re admitting a high level athlete doesn’t just quit when things aren’t going their way.

Especially if it’s a part of the game they have no control over - like our D having no control over the O being inefficient.

JG’s play can affect game flow. He doesn’t make our defense suck. That’s on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back