Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
With ESD, I don’t see Pruitt waiting til the off-season to fill the spot. He wants someone who can come in and recruit at a high level immediately and steal some big prospects THIS year. Tosh is the only dude out there that really fits the bill. He’s been on back to back failed coaching staffs in the NFL. Might be ready to get back to the college ranks.

Tee? WRs have been great with him and he just brought in some studs. He isn’t going anywhere. Weinke and Chaney are on the chopping block. Long will be QB coach soon. Friend isn’t going anywhere. Our OL was the worst in the country before he got here. He’s flipped it. Run blocking is there and interior pass blocking is solid. Tackles need work (coincidentally where we are still youngest?), and the RBs need to learn to block - but that’s on Graham.
Huh??? WR have not been good. Lol. They have been at best mediocre.

Reactions: tnvols72
The DL has struggled getting a push, but damn, given this Covid mess, how much time has Brumbaugh actually had with them? Friend has had, what, 3 seasons, and he still can't get this OL to pass block worth a damn. And the OL is stocked with blue chip talent. If Pruitt doesn't have a big time guy lined up as a replacement, then I'm scratching my head. DL is not the unit that has struggled the most IMO. Hell, is he going to hold himself and Ansley responsible for lackluster DB play? All I can figure, if he doesn't have a big name lined up, is Brumbaugh did something. Had to. Otherwise this makes no sense.

All of a sudden, it's starting to feel like the wheels are falling off. I've had some criticisms of Pruitt, but I've maintained my belief he's the guy. This is the first time doubt has crept in. What makes him do this now? It feels like a train wreck ready to happen. Lord, I hope this doesn't screw up recruiting.

Um, that was bad. No read on this team. Consistently inconsistent......this was a bad loss.

Get through this weekend, toss HB to the sharks and hope he learns and stays healthy.

Start jg vs Alabama because f it. Sit whomever on our OL is knicked up this weekend.

Use the OL to assemble the best 5 combination and roll with them, protecting Bailey, the rest of the season.

F this constant Chinese fire drill we’ve been doing rotating guys in and out constantly.

Just giving my opinion on the different groups, it's hard to criticize Tee or Jay right now. The WRs haven't had a QB to really get them the ball, and the run game is about as good as can be expected given our RBs would probably be better as slot receivers. Don't get me wrong, I like Chandler and Gray. I like that they can catch it out of the backfield even. But they are not bruising backs that break tackles. They often go down with first contact, and that's more about size than anything that can be coached. Weinke must have completely crapped the bed if JG is still our best option. I don't blame him for being unable to coach JG. JG is uncoachable. But what about everyone else? The fact he has no one else ready to step up is a problem. And Friend apparently has trouble coaching OTs. We're very poor at pass protection, IMO. He deserved to go more than Brumbaugh if the firing was over performance. And oh yeah, Osovet. Who does he coach? It's not like we really have any TEs.

Defensively, I don't think DL was our biggest weakness. Hell, our defense has absolutely outplayed our offense. The whole Brumbaugh thing has me scratching my head, mostly because if this is about performance, Brumbaugh literally just got these kids. He was hired in what? February? No real spring practice or fall camp due to Corona, was he supposed to pull a miracle out of his butt? Firing him is just a bad look if it wasn't for cause.. Toot makes Nieds look like a superstar, but both Banks and Crouch are still too damn raw. But again, Covid plays a roll in that. Well that, and the fact Banks was off the team for acting dumb. Not sure what to say about Felton. Is he partly to blame for lack of a pass rush? Maybe. That's the biggest complaint on the defense is the lack of pass rush, but even that isn't what has gotten us beat. That'd be JG constantly turning the ball over. Other than pass rush, my biggest disappointment on defense is DB play. I really expected better, but I haven't seen it. Pruitt and Ansley have coached guys into the League, but our DBs have not looked that impressive to me.

And our whole team has lacked discipline. That's on Pruitt himself. Stupid mistakes, needless penalties, it's Pruitt's job as head coach to drill that discipline into these guys, but he's too busy coddling JG. Case in point, that crotch kick this past weekend was stupid and insane. Should never have happened.

I'm extremely frustrated right now, so pardon my venting. I'm not bailing on Pruitt, yet, but without explanation, in a vacuum, this decision makes no sense. It creates a feeling of panic, and that never works out well for us. It definitely flares up the BVS. I just hope a good explanation comes out, because atm, I can't help but feel like this has a Dooley or Butch feeling about it. Not sure I can handle another downward spiral of the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back