Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you all feel about the players calling to unionize?
College Football Players Association

View attachment 298638
I think an association for NiL group licensing was always inevitable. There will not be a union as I understand it, they could not legally do so according to the NLRB and the Northwestern case.

Check out this twitter thread for details from a sports law professor and Athletic contributor:

There are real life consequences to shutting it all down. Many businesses and livelihoods are at stake in college towns and other associated industries all over the country. How yall fail to realize this blows my mind. You can't just shut everything down for a year and pick back up like nothing happened.
Exactly. Anyone who is siding with the kids and cancelling sports do not realize the ramifications of these actions. Many athletic departments will go under and possibly universities. Big corporations and small businesses do not make as much as they want to believe. Expenses add up very fast. I have worked at Big four and top twenty accounting firms my whole career and I know many successful businesses who are living on life support right now.

I think an association for NiL group licensing was always inevitable. There will not be a union as I understand it, they could not legally do so according to the NLRB and the Northwestern case.

Check out this twitter thread for details from a sports law professor and Athletic contributor:

Ooohh that's an interesting rabbit hole. I'm going to dig a little deeper.
If they form an association, like the one I was a member of while teaching in public schools, they would still have power and be able to advocate for themselves. That would also open the door to lobbyists and all the ins and outs that would bring to the table.
Definitely something to keep an eye on.

Reactions: Devo182

B46C415C-F492-4154-A9DB-6396232F361A.gif

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
If the players want to play and coaches want to coach and AD's can get the work done and the networks want to carry it - then play football. It should be up to those groups. If they don't - know the potential repercussions and live with them. We all have the right to life and liberty in this country. Know the risks, mitigate sensibly, and live.

If the players want to play and coaches want to coach and AD's can get the work done and the networks want to carry it - then play football. It should be up to those groups. If they don't - know the potential repercussions and live with them. We all have the right to life and liberty in this country. Know the risks, mitigate sensibly, and live.
This is common sense. But unfortunately this country doesn’t act in accordance with common sense. Those in charge are nuttier than squirrel turds

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back