Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you use. I had a horde of mosquitoes on back porch yesterday. Just sprayed Off around the door so as to keep them from inviting themselves in. And when I started grilling had the flies come check it out. I have put a fly catcher up before , but they stink something horrible.
If it’s flies, you have to find the source (dog feces, garbage etc) and remove it. Mosquitoes can be remedied with fogging shrubs (available at Wal-Mart, Lowe’s, Home Depot) or heavy foliage or misting them with peppermint soap/water in a spray bottle. Also rosemary plants are a natural remedy.

If it’s flies, you have to find the source (dog feces, garbage etc) and remove it. Mosquitoes can be remedied with fogging shrubs (available at Wal-Mart, Lowe’s, Home Depot) or heavy foliage or misting them with peppermint soap/water in a spray bottle. Also rosemary plants are a natural remedy.
Well here is the flie problem
20200624_091020.jpg
I might get in trouble if I "get rid of them" lol.
For mosquitoes I bout 3 citronella plants a couple years back, they died from too much shade I think. I have lots of trees all around my house. Maybe I was not watering them enough tho.

Happy to oblige. You're right, PlanetVolunteer, facts can be hard to come by, and even what I offer here is incomplete to me. I would like to see Dr. Scott Atlas's work in print rather than in podcasts.

Here is the Texas change in how numbers are counted. Arizona's was word-for-word the same, so I wonder if the CDC isn't the originator:
https://eagenda.collincountytx.gov/docs/2020/CC/20200518_2481/48410_Explanation.pdf

Scott W. Atlas, MD, is the Robert Wesson Senior Fellow at Stanford University’s Hoover Institution. He investigates the impact of government and the private sector on access, quality, and pricing in health care, global trends in health care innovation, and key economic issues related to the future of technology-based medical advances. He has been speaking many places, doing interviews on TV and radio. The following (ignore that it was with Fox News) is the shortest, most concise on the subject. But you can find podcasts with Dr. Atlas everywhere.
h ttps://video.foxnews.com/v/6169738032001#sp=show-clips [I added a space after the initial h so it wouldn't show here as a MEDIA link]

As for Atlas's political bias, he is a libertarian, which in medical terms means a-political. Just publish the facts and let free individuals decide for themselves. Hope this was helpful. It's hard to discuss football without getting into medicine and politics. I fear politics has/will destroy the NFL, which will totally change what college football is.

Here is another for your collection. Posted just this morning.

Data suggest Florida's record-breaking coronavirus days may have been inflated by as much as 30%

This has been a cluster since the beginning. The books have been cooked for a variety of reasons depending on the desires, some of it political, of the many bookkeepers. That has nothing to do with the factual nature of the disease - it is real. The reporting of the situations, conditions and effects of the disease we see from all these various sources is what is messed up. No standard of reporting has been established and they are mixing stats into categories that should be separately counted for it to have any meaningful use medically and governmentally. They can't even do their stat formulas correctly at the state level at times.

The medical, sports, and governmental leaders are making judgments based on faulty data and trends. Which is why CFB and other fall sports are unlikely to happen IMO.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
What do you use. I had a horde of mosquitoes on back porch yesterday. Just sprayed Off around the door so as to keep them from inviting themselves in. And when I started grilling had the flies come check it out. I have put a fly catcher up before , but they stink something horrible.
Usually a fly swatter

Data suggest Florida's record-breaking coronavirus days may have been inflated by as much as 30%

This has been a cluster since the beginning. The books have been cooked for a variety of reasons depending on the desires, some of it political, of the many bookkeepers. That has nothing to do with the factual nature of the disease - it is real. The reporting of the situations, conditions and effects of the disease we see from all these various sources is what is messed up. No standard of reporting has been established and they are mixing stats into categories that should be separately counted for it to have any meaningful use medically and governmentally. They can't even do their stat formulas correctly at the state level at times.

The medical, sports, and governmental leaders are making judgments based on faulty data and trends. Which is why CFB and other fall sports are unlikely to happen IMO.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but doesn't that post just say its hard to tell when someone got the virus? NOT that numbers are "inflated". A positive is still a positive, so the total count still the same. Can understand why it would be hard to know when someone got the virus, hence why you look at just the test results for timing.

You're citing to an article that's is titled "Data Suggests . . .". Suggests? WTH kind of scientific analysis is that.

I am constantly amazed that people are so paranoid about anything to do with the government that they're willing to rely on "reports" from internet sources versus dedicated public servants like Faucci at the CDC or NIH who don't give a damn about anything but the science.

First we're told by these "news sources" that this is't going to be worst than the regular flu. (130,000+ dead in 6 months seem to be worse than the flu), then we/re told you don't have anything to worry about if you're under age 50 (just because you don't die doesn't mean you can't have long-term health effects plus there are people who are under 40 and yet they have died) and now people are saying that wearing or not wearing masks is a political choice.

And does anyone really believe DeSantis is purposely over-counting the numbers in Florida? This is the guy who refused to close the beaches over Memorial Day and now says that if a Walmart can be open, so should the schools.

You're citing to an article that's is titled "Data Suggests . . .". Suggests? WTH kind of scientific analysis is that.

I am constantly amazed that people are so paranoid about anything to do with the government that they're willing to rely on "reports" from internet sources versus dedicated public servants like Faucci at the CDC or NIH who don't give a damn about anything but the science.

First we're told by these "news sources" that this is't going to be worst than the regular flu. (130,000+ dead in 6 months seem to be worse than the flu), then we/re told you don't have anything to worry about if you're under age 50 (just because you don't die doesn't mean you can't have long-term health effects plus there are people who are under 40 and yet they have died) and now people are saying that wearing or not wearing masks is a political choice.

And does anyone really believe DeSantis is purposely over-counting the numbers in Florida? This is the guy who refused to close the beaches over Memorial Day and now says that if a Walmart can be open, so should the schools.

That is the scientific method. Data either affirms or contradicts your hypothesis. You either reconstruct a new hypothesis or the data aligns with it, and you draw a conclusion. Then you can write an opinion piece based on those findings.

I sort of like Fauci as a person, but he told concerned citizens to go to the Super Bowl, you’ll be fine. He stated they inflate numbers at a WH press briefing, no less. I see no problem questioning an unelected bureaucrat. It sort of what makes us all balanced. I appreciate when people call me out for something. Happens a lot on here 😆. DeSantis, like all, are incentivized to inflate, you have to see that.

Why do I keep getting roped into Rona talk.

Last edited:

History shows us that those who put their trust in government always get their ass handed to then by the same government. Also what part of DeSantis saying public places see he same is wrong?

There are about a million iguanas here in Fort Lauderdale, now the population is down to 999,980 since i got my pellet rifle with a scope last week.
What do you have against iguanas?

I have nothing against hunting if you're eating them or otherwise making use of the bounty

...versus dedicated public servants like Faucci at the CDC or NIH who don't give a damn about anything but the science.

We live in sad and frustrating times. Four months ago I might have agreed with you on that, WBO, but I'm afraid the days of "objective science" and the trustworthiness of a white lab coat are gone.

The WHO became politicized enough to lie to the world about what it's members were seeing in China. Long-respected medical journals have had to retract published studies--one study which delayed since-shown-effective hydroxychloroquine from being used on patients in need.

Regardless of one's politics, surely we can all agree that thousands of people have died because of politicized scientific pronouncements by individuals and organizations which were intended to serve the public interest.

Dr. Scott Atlas (Stanford University, Senior Fellow on the Hoover Institution’s Working Group on Health Care Policy) has repeatedly said Dr. Fauci is making statements that have no scientific basis, or are even contrary to the current science.

So who should regular people like us believe?

All I know is that Atlas's political bias is libertarian--which means he is apolitical on medical matters, since his bias is to give the public the best available facts and then let each citizen decide. Fauci has admitted to giving the public intentionally incorrect information in order to generate logistically-desirable behavior. But each of us has to find someone, or some fact source, which we believe will be trustworthy.

Tough to do in an election year, especially when powerful corporate interests worldwide have trillions of dollars at stake in the outcome. To say nothing of college football and a return to normalcy being held hostage in the balance!

What do you have against iguanas?

I have nothing against hunting if you're eating them or otherwise making use of the bounty
They cause infrastructure damage to our docks/seawalls/sidewalks. Iguanas also damage thousands of dollars worth of landscaping in a couple of days. They are an invasive species just like the python that are destroying the ecosystem of the Everglades. plus they get in my boat and make a mess. The best thing that could happen is if the temp would fall below 40 degrees for 3 or 4 days, it would totally eliminate most of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back