Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

South Carolina AD

That's what I've been thinking for awhile for Neyland. About 10-20% tops for 6 feet between groups.

It's about to be decision time for ADs. Out of town fans need to be able to make plans. If they are going to have a lottery system, they need to get that ball rolling. No need at this point to lead anyone on. 100% capacity is in "no way in hell" territory just 7 weeks from kickoff and everyone knows it.

That's what I've been thinking for awhile for Neyland. About 10-20% tops for 6 feet between groups.

It's about to be decision time for ADs. Out of town fans need to be able to make plans. If they are going to have a lottery system, they need to get that ball rolling. No need at this point to lead anyone on. 100% capacity is in "no way in hell" territory just 7 weeks from kickoff and everyone knows it.

Boosters
Club level
GAs

We’ll see who gets the most with pockets of people scattered throughout the seats

Medical concern is way too high rn for #1 imo. He really needs this season to prove long-term sustainability of managing his issue. But I agree with Butchna, TL and Fields are too big time. Also, does Trey project as a Tackle or Guard? Guards rarely go top 10.
I think Quentin Nelson changed that mentality. Trey Smith’s a Guard.

Reactions: johnfnkelly
If they require masks, then all early season games need to be at night.
My guess is it would be restaurant style. Entering, leaving, and anywhere out of your seat it is required. Sit down and you can take it down. After all, we'd be sitting staggered, face to back, and with a row or 2 of separation. I'd think this would be enough to not require a mask while sitting at your seat. Jmo.

All games at night would suck because no guarantee your team is televised. Bama, Clemson, OSU, etc would take up every channel each Saturday and everyone else would be SCREWED. Would be terrible.

Reactions: drvenner
My guess is it would be restaurant style. Entering, leaving, and anywhere out of your seat it is required. Sit down and you can take it down. After all, we'd be sitting staggered, face to back, and with a row or 2 of separation. I'd think this would be enough to not require a mask while sitting at your seat. Jmo.

All games at night would suck because no guarantee your team is televised. Bama, Clemson, OSU, etc would take up every channel each Saturday and everyone else would be SCREWED. Would be terrible.
There is three SEC Channels. Starting games at 4:30 and 8:00 would get 12 games in. Just a thought. Can imagine being out in Sept. daytime heat wearing a mask. Especially the lower southern locations.

Limit capacity to 20%

provide hand sanitization areas

Recommend those that are over 65 and those with health problems stay home

Ban tailgating and vol walk

Provide or require masks

Sign a waiver to potential health risks

Have tons of staff members taking temperature at gate

Discourage lines or close down vendors in stadium

OR

Just outright ban the fans and before games take temperature and have a wellness check on each and every coach, staff member, and player before playing. Provide covid testing after each game.

There are probably ways to get it done. But it's an election year. Politics says the season won't happen. Potential money loss says it will.

Limit capacity to 20%

provide hand sanitization areas

Recommend those that are over 65 and those with health problems stay home

Ban tailgating and vol walk

Provide or require masks

Sign a waiver to potential health risks

Have tons of staff members taking temperature at gate

Discourage lines or close down vendors in stadium

OR

Just outright ban the fans and before games take temperature and have a wellness check on each and every coach, staff member, and player before playing. Provide covid testing after each game.

There are probably ways to get it done. But it's an election year. Politics says the season won't happen. Potential money loss says it will.

**** politics

Nope...
Too one dimensional and LSU's defense would have really gotten after them.

Because Burrow would have destroyed that black shirt defense with his running and playmaking. Nebraska would have been forced to try and pass after being down 21-0 in the 1st qtr...
Doubt they would have come close to stopping that offense.

That Nebraska team was the most dominate team ever. Kinda short sighted to write them off so easily. They destroyed everybody in ridiculous fashion in every way. They statistically and comparing them with their era, are the greatest team ever. Easily.

I mean, they did destroy a pretty potent offense for its day in Florida and a couple years later embarassed a senior Peyton Manning who was about the closest thing ever to 2019 Joe Burrow.

It would only be a mismatch because of the era's and advanced scheme LSU played. None of the Nebraska coaches would have an idea of how to stop that because they had never seen anything like it.

I think it would be high scoring and close though regardless, because you still see how modern teams struggle against the triple option. Georgia Tech would give Clemson fits. This LSU defense wasn't that dominate. Nebraska would've run it down their throat.

I think more than Quentin Nelson it's been a spate of having some of the most dominant pass rushers be interior guys. Maybe it's the same thing.
The usual remedy has been big guys on the interior. There’s just more athletes not automatically consigned to OT. So your point is valid but the solution has changed from mid round picks to first round studs.

That Nebraska team was the most dominate team ever. Kinda short sighted to write them off so easily. They destroyed everybody in ridiculous fashion in every way. They statistically and comparing them with their era, are the greatest team ever. Easily.

I mean, they did destroy a pretty potent offense for its day in Florida and a couple years later embarassed a senior Peyton Manning who was about the closest thing ever to 2019 Joe Burrow.

It would only be a mismatch because of the era's and advanced scheme LSU played. None of the Nebraska coaches would have an idea of how to stop that because they had never seen anything like it.

I think it would be high scoring and close though regardless, because you still see how modern teams struggle against the triple option. Georgia Tech would give Clemson fits. This LSU defense wasn't that dominate. Nebraska would've run it down their throat.
not to mention those Nebraska teams were absolutely roided up.

Joe Burrow = Peyton Manning???
What!? Hahah. No.
Burrow had 400 yards rushing his senior year. And passed for 2,000 more yards and double the amount of passing TDs...just no.
That one year was probably the greatest individual season ever for a player.

Peyton was hobbled against Nebraska and he was none threat to run consistently against them. So was Danny Wuerffel 2 years before that. Osborne and his QBs had not seen like Aranda would have thrown at him on defense. LSU'S defense was not the same defense last 4 games of the season. Clemson and UGA had the best defenses in College last year and LSU Put 37 on both of them...

So no. 1995 Nebraska would have gotten beaten rather badly to be honest. All you had to do was get them in a deficit. They didn't have the offense to comeback. They would have had to because Burrow with his All-Americans and All world OC would have torn that Nebraska defense to hell.

Probably 60-14 or something like that. Huge mismatch.

Reactions: HalfullVol
I think the Miami team that got robbed against Ou was the most dominant and talented teams for a two year period I have seen. I think there was like 40 plus players drafted off those teams. It was crazy the amount of talent they had.Even the back ups were getting drafted.

Reactions: tennvols77
On a scale of 1-100 (100 being nuclear explosion), how bad do you all think the freak out would be if, let’s say Trevor Lawrence, tested positive the morning a big Clemson game?

Or what about Eric Gray or HT for us?

You know who I would up there as 10 most talented teams of all-time?

2001 UT.

Put Heath Shuler or Josh Dobbs on that team and they play Miami for it all and might beat them.

'01 defense didn't hold up in the 2nd half of the SEC Championship Game after taking out LSU's starting QB and #1 RB in the 1st half. Matt Mauck? was a running QB backup for LSU and beat the '01 Vols. 'Ice Man' wasn't bad but LSU had a good D.

We were destroying them 1st half and came out flat 2nd half and got beat. 1/4 of the crowd was pro-LSU and they were freaking LOUD!

Yes, we had talent but something happened in the locker room at half-time and I wish I knew what that was. Very disappointed walking away from the Georgia Dome that evening :(

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthVol1
'01 defense didn't hold up in the 2nd half of the SEC Championship Game after taking out LSU's starting QB and #1 RB in the 1st half. Matt Mauck? was a running QB backup for LSU and beat the '01 Vols. 'Ice Man' wasn't bad but LSU had a good D.

We were destroying them 1st half and came out flat 2nd half and got beat. 1/4 of the crowd was pro-LSU and they were freaking LOUD!

Yes, we had talent but something happened in the locker room at half-time and I wish I knew what that was. Very dissapointed walking away from the Georgia Dome that evening :(
I remember hearing John Henderson called out Clausen at halftime, but never heard anything other than that.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back