Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Going to Hilton Head next week. From what we gather there are no masks required at the hotel, beach, or restaurants though outside seating may be the only dining options.

As for the economy, my anecdotal evidence supports a return to normal faster than the doomsayers suggest. I was at Nordstrom Rack this weekend and checkout line went through the entire store. It was ridiculous. Shoppers are back with a vengeance.

HHI restaurants are open for inside dining by Governor's order. Servers have the option to wear masks. It has been left to restaurant owners whether they do or don't as well as the seating. SERG owns 17 restaurants in that area and they will be fully open allowing the servers to choose to wear or not. Beaches are fully open (no masks required) as are hotels, retail, etc. The town still wants social distancing, however, what they want and what is happening are two different things. They even brought back single use plastic bags in the stores as they are more sanitary after passing local laws prohibiting them as they may kill a turtle. Now they don't want you to bring your own shopping bags. Go figure.

We will also be there for two weeks starting 6/6. Enjoy your visit.

Sevier County is booming again. Still no increases in COVID cases, but worth watching.

Going to Hilton Head next week. From what we gather there are no masks required at the hotel, beach, or restaurants though outside seating may be the only dining options.

As for the economy, my anecdotal evidence supports a return to normal faster than the doomsayers suggest. I was at Nordstrom Rack this weekend and checkout line went through the entire store. It was ridiculous. Shoppers are back with a vengeance.
we're going to Wilmington next weekend, not really sure what to expect though i'm told it's relatively normal with a few restaurants/bars still closed. i'm not expecting too many difficulties. went and did some shopping yesterday with the kids...REI was still closed, most shoe stores open, all the big retailers were open except Belk. and i'd say about 70% of the smaller stores were all still closed. crowds not an issue at all. masks were about 60-40 wearing to not wearing. several restaurants were open, seating reduced capacity though.

our neighborhood pool normally opens on memorial day weekend, it remained closed, but pools are part of phase two, and it should be open in a week or two....not sure how they're going to work out the capacity issue, as the phase 2 reopening is for them to be at half capacity.....not sure what defines that? i'm assuming the fire code rating.....we'll see.

i'm just glad we were able to get out a little bit this weekend....did a low country boil with some neighbors last night, lotta fun....

Since we are talking screen, what is one show you can't grasp why it is/was popular?

Mine is definitely The Goldbergs. Just gave it one last chance the other night and had to google why it was still on. Inexplicably, it has a very positive metacritic audience score. Figured it ran a season or two and went off...nope it's still going 7 seasons later and it's syndicated. I get 80's nostalgia, but I've given it 4 or 5 episodes over the years and have yet to even crack a single laugh. I really like Jeff Garland too, the only redeemable part of it. Just my .02

Since we are talking screen, what is one show you can't grasp why it is/was popular?

Mine is definitely The Goldbergs. Just gave it one last chance the other night and had to google why it was still on. Inexplicably, it has a very positive metacritic audience score. Figured it ran a season or two and went off...nope it's still going 7 seasons later and it's syndicated. I get 80's nostalgia, but I've given it 4 or 5 episodes over the years and have yet to even crack a single laugh. I really like Jeff Garland too, the only redeemable part of it. Just my .02
Florida football

our neighborhood pool normally opens on memorial day weekend, it remained closed, but pools are part of phase two, and it should be open in a week or two....not sure how they're going to work out the capacity issue, as the phase 2 reopening is for them to be at half capacity.....not sure what defines that? i'm assuming the fire code rating.....we'll see.

Pools will be a mini-battleground. Some HOAs are trying to alternate days by last name in order to reduce the number of people per day. The problem is that some will follow and others will just show up. Who will police that? Busy Body Belinda will have her clipboard checking everyone that comes in the gate? Do we get some of our HOA fees back when we can’t use the amenities full time?

Marvelous Mrs Maisel...keeps winning emmys but is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Big Bang Theory...just horrible. I'll never understand why anyone thinks it's in the least bit funny. The CBS multi cam laugh track show is the worst kind of show.

The IT Crowd. I've tried a few times to get into it. I just can't.

Seinfeld. Don't at me. It's my husband's all time favorite. I just don't get it.

Pools will be a mini-battleground. Some HOAs are trying to alternate days by last name in order to reduce the number of people per day. The problem is that some will follow and others will just show up. Who will police that? Busy Body Belinda will have her clipboard checking everyone that comes in the gate? Do we get some of our HOA fees back when we can’t use the amenities full time?
Our neighborhood pool opens today with Knoxville phase 2. No restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back