Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
No rushing the field and tearing down the goal posts talk. We're trending in the right direction and we'll be competitive in all our games. We're about to resume our place in the CFB hierarchy. We beat Bama in the next couple years, we all can look at one another and say we're back. No storming necessary.

Latest TN COVID death rates from people who tested positive for COVID

AGE Positive Died %
80+ 424 84 ~20%
71-80 676 64 ~10%
61-70 1381 52 3.7%
51-60 2263 19 0.8%
41-50 2470 10 0.4 %
0-40 6580 6 ~0%

RACE
White 5575 145 2.6%
Black 2854 72 2.5%

Protect the ones 65+ and everyone else ... go back to living life.

What I find so odd is that we have no racial disparity in death rates. Blacks and other minorities have suffered greater death rates across the country as well as in the UK but our numbers are virtually identical. It probably has to do with the way our hospital system works as our death rates have been 'good' in general. At any rate, go us! Our medical peeps are doing something right.

What I find so odd is that we have no racial disparity in death rates. Blacks and other minorities have suffered greater death rates across the country as well as in the UK but our numbers are virtually identical. It probably has to do with the way our hospital system works as our death rates have been 'good' in general. At any rate, go us! Our medical peeps are doing something right.

That's not telling the whole story. Blacks constitute 30% of Tennessee's deaths, but only 17% of the population.

This is inaccurate. Since they put the Chief of the National Guard Bureau on the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and changed the National Guard to a ready reserve posture around 2012, all medical requirements are the same as active duty. They only have to take one physical fitness test a year, that may be what you're thinking of.

I understand the “readiness” requirements.

However, there are plenty of guardsman who get around paperwork such as a PT test. Which is usually the only time you do Height and Weight. Not belittling the guard btw. There are just some that are a little not in shape sometimes lol.

That's not telling the whole story. Blacks constitute 30% of Tennessee's deaths, but only 17% of the population.

Ah so those numbers are wrong. :( Well unless they're taking from 100 percent of the black population. Then the death rate is even but the infection rate is not which likely means stores and places on the poor end of town aren't able/aren't taking as many precautions as those with more money on the posh end of town.

Last edited:
You ever been in Neyland in early September?... everybody going to have a temperature after being in the heat for 8 hours crushing beers.
Many times and, while I don't drink, I have never heard of any form of alcohol giving folks a fever. I think nurses and techs can tell the difference.
Most hospitals and some other places are
already doing it and I suspect the summer heat won't stop them.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
This is inaccurate. Since they put the Chief of the National Guard Bureau on the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and changed the National Guard to a ready reserve posture around 2012, all medical requirements are the same as active duty. They only have to take one physical fitness test a year, that may be what you're thinking of.
This.

Reactions: VolArtillery
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back