Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the Covid cases in the US this morning. Of the resolved case, cured or deceased, the percentage of deceased stands at 35%. I've been tracking that number loosely for the past couple of weeks and really expected that number to fall but instead it has continued to rise. It has me perplexed a bit.
It will fall. A lot of the deaths reported are not timely.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
The video I posted just now states a reason people question Daniels to Tennessee is “good luck going 7-5 every year”.

Man I’m sick of this BS. People don’t realize who we really are because we sabotaged ourselves. Even our own fans think we will never be what we truly should be. I can remember saying pretty much the same thing about Alabama in the 90’s. Fernando Bryant from Murfreesboro goes to Alabama and I laughed. I remember thinking “why in the world would anyone go to Auburn?”. “LSU is a freaking joke”.

Programs with history, huge fan base, (very important here) large budgets will always cycle back to the top. We did this crap to ourselves. I am tired of this defeatist attitude. Quit being such a p***y. Thump that power T on your chest and start being the Alpha we are.
The longer and lower you go, the harder the climb back. Our AD was a **** show since Dickey left.

I've just always went with house shoes which is what my mom and dad called them when I was young.
To be honest, I didn't get that he was talking house shoes. I seldom wear them so they didn't come to mind. I think people used to use the word slippers years ago to refer to shoes you wore outside as slippers when you just slipped them on, like loafers and stuff.

I figured that was some of it but it continues to rise. Figured it would have fallen off a cliff. The problem seems to be so few have been classified as "recovered".
I think the bigger question is how are they classifying those who have recovered? Who are the patients being reported as recovered? I am guessing it is those who have been hospitalized, treated, and eventually released. All those who have had milder symptoms and been tested positive, then sent home with instructions to make sure certain symptoms don’t start to manifest, I am sure they have recovered at home and not been reported. That is the majority of the cases, and they will most likely never be reported as recovered.

Hope you are getting better. Be glad that you were healthy my friend. That could be what saved you.
It comes and goes in waves. Saturday till yesterday was draining. Lots of naps, no activity and headaches. Today feels like a relatively good day and I’m going to try to be normal again. Feel a bit weak but cognitively I feel better and the headache is gone again

Looking at the Covid cases in the US this morning. Of the resolved case, cured or deceased, the percentage of deceased stands at 35%. I've been tracking that number loosely for the past couple of weeks and really expected that number to fall but instead it has continued to rise. It has me perplexed a bit.
This is due to how most states are calculating "recovered". Most are not retesting the patients, they are typically waiting 21 days after they tested positive to call them "recovered" if they have not recently had symptoms. So.. this number should change a lot in the next couple weeks.

Internet access is a basic human right and a necessity of life.

So my last post here was on my birthday, back on the 12th. That very night, actually early morning on the 13th, we had an F-3 tornado touch down and really mess up the neighborhood. It actually missed me by a mile, well almost a mile, but it did catastrophic damage to among other things the EPB fiber network in my area. So much for Gig city. A couple years ago I had gotten rid of Comcast, AT&T, and Verizon, and bundled TV, internet, and phone with EPB. The move saved over $250 per month. I’ve spent the last few days second guessing that decision but lo and behold I wake up this morning and we’re back online.

I hope all of you guys are safe and doing well these days. I’m not going to ask what I missed during my downtime; I’m just going to say I did miss very much being able to check in from time to time on the craziness we create, well, the craziness mostly you guys create in this forum. It was literally like not being able to get back in your home. Again, I hope all you guys are safe and doing well. Nice to see you again.

I'm glad you are safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back