Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
So..how far down that rabbit hole do you wanna go?
there is no hole.
tenor.gif

So..how far down that rabbit hole do you wanna go?

Nobody's rights have been violated any more than a person placed in quarantine. If a quarantine is legal, this is. Religion isn't specifically being singled out.

And social distancing is actually Biblical. Very clearly called for in the OT...for exactly the reason we are currently facing.

he broke the law.....Church's are not exempt from the law regardless of what your denomination is.

It was an executive order, not a law.
https://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/...uments/administrator/epg/saferathomeorder.pdf

2 questions come to mind:
Does whoever issued the order have the authority to do so or does what they're trying to do require a law passed through legislation?
Is it constitutional? Even laws that are passed through legislation have to be constitutional.

I actually think the first question is the key issue. I know Executives are often given latitude in 'emergency' situations but it's not entirely clear to me they have the authority they're trying to exercise in this crisis. As long as they don't go arresting and/or prosecuting people for violating these orders it doesn't matter but once they do there will be legal challenges.

I don't agree with the pastor's decision to conduct services, but it's not a slam dunk to me that he should be arrested. I'd be interested in someone analyzing the legality of some of these orders.

I'd be interested in someone analyzing the legality of some of these orders.
i wouldn't.

don't let all the jargon get in the way of common sense...... or do.

either way, "people gon' people", so there's probably no stopping the inevitable dumbness that's sure to follow....................
ZWKNhmlwiGY8VXdniMkf4TqgJfS9ytyx3YXqRIEfEC_YIRKfOy1DTn1GMIy66ZPtyJYL_DGeU0LMFvXbmoMzO-f50UM5g5ggiWA2dUlGG_PzX9tIc7sO8zNY_f4kIE0ddu6BzYDi6b1BsgCuyFhO-MHFVdy8xg

I’m going to greatly not enjoy watching this disregard for public safety be drug out into the open as a freedom of religion / faith display for the masses.
I had a very tangible sense of foreboding when I saw this story. How far does this reach going down the line?

A lot of what we believe (well the ones that actually follow the Bible anyway) is already considered socially unacceptable, so what is the next excuse to shut us down, and tell us that we can only worship in a socially acceptable way? Who is going to stand up for our rights then?

The reach of this better be VERY clearly defined.

Last edited:
I had a very tangible sense of foreboding when I saw this story. How far does this reach going down the line?

A lot of what we believe (well the ones that actually follow the Bible anyway) is already considered socially unacceptable, so what is the next excuse to shut us down, and tell us that we can only worship in a socially acceptable way? Who is going to stand up for our rights then?

This reach of this better be VERY clearly defined.

Omg you must of put on your martyr pants this morning.

This reach of this better be VERY clearly defined.
damnit mcgill. love ya.

but you're allowing yourself to be victimized here.

does not supersede law or safety and welfare of others.
So..who gets to decide that definition going forward? And what other laws can you make to tell us how and what to believe?

The founding fathers all broke "The Law"..

I don't have a problem with a clearly defined "in real emergencies only" law..but that better be as far as it goes.

Reactions: bullet20
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back