Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tennessee football: Five potential concerns about Vols promoting Joe Osovet

After two years in an off-field role, Tennessee football promoted Joe Osovet to tight ends coach. Here are the potential concerns for the Volunteers.

5. Ties only in New York (No SEC recruiting ties)

4. Wasn’t promoted to on-field role for two years (interviewed for on field role when first came aboard...wasn’t promoted after 3 departures after his first year)

3. Never coached tight ends before (oversaw TEs as an OC and HC but never directly working with TEs)

2. Historical offensive style at odds with Jim Chaney’s. (Big Jim likes slower developing plays...Joe O developed the RPO in ‘01 and ran no huddle)

1. No on-field experience at FBS programs (As it says...spent his time in the JUCO ranks before moving to an FBS...in the SEC)

Please quit posting that morons articles. Nothing but stupid each article thst gets posted here

As a father of three daughters, I have grown to greatly dislike shows like this. They tell young women that one dude "dating" multiple women at one time and having physical relations with multiple of these women is something that is acceptable and glorified. Reverse is true for shows like "Bachelorette". Tells young women that being in a physical relationship with multiple men that you have only known for a couple of days/weeks is a great idea. I might be a bit prudish, but I want my daughters to know that they deserve more and that they are worth more than that.

All you fathers of young men, I pray that you are teaching your boys that they are worth more than that too. I need there to be at least a few quality young men in this world that will treat young women, like my daughters, the way they should be treated and are willing to be treated by a young woman the way a young man should be treated in return.

Sorry for the rant. Raising teenage girls sends me down this road often.
Don’t apologize - I applaud you.
1582091119406.gif

After two years in an off-field role, Tennessee football promoted Joe Osovet to tight ends coach. Here are the potential concerns for the Volunteers.

4. Wasn’t promoted to on-field role for two years (interviewed for on field role when first came aboard...wasn’t promoted after 3 departures after his first year)

3. Never coached tight ends before (oversaw TEs as an OC and HC but never directly working with TEs)

2. Historical offensive style at odds with Jim Chaney’s. (Big Jim likes slower developing plays...Joe O developed the RPO in ‘01 and ran no huddle)

1. No on-field experience at FBS programs (As it says...spent his time in the JUCO ranks before moving to an FBS...in the SEC)
Didn't click but I'm guessing that's written by Adams.

Pruitt needs to start working with @nicksjuzunk imo. Knoxville food is too good.
Hey @InVOLuntary, since you live close, can you head up to the coaches’ offices, call a meeting, and explain to them how to institute a low carb diet into their lives? Are they having a contest or something?

Lol it’s Tight Ends.

Not today. In a few weeks yes. So if you see a crazy VOLS fan at D3, it ain’t me brother.

😂 just wondering because I’m sitting across from a guy and his wife who is sporting a nice Tennessee hat. Figured it might be one of you guys 🤣. I’m leaving on a jet plane don’t know when I’ll be back again.

Of course. I would love to see it myself.

It will never happen.
I'm not saying I wouldn't like it, Pearl energized a fan base and started our program in the direction that it is headed today, just don't see it happening so no point in hoping it will
I loved Pearl, but even after the fiasco here, he had an assistant indicted in federal court. Unfortunately, he is one step down from Will Wade. Not happening.
Pearl back in Knoxville will never happen

You guys are forgetting that Coach Fulmer runs this show now. Never say never.

What a shite article.

5. Has connections all over the Northeast and probably many others all across JUCO ranks. Connections are easy to develop for a good recruiter/coach with the backing off the UT brand

4. We had different needs at the time and he has had longer to prove himself.

3. The guy is an on offensive innovator as a HC. I'm sure he knows how to coach TEs.

2. Differing opinions/styles are good for a coaching staff and Chaney is a chameleon. They will adapt.

1. Gotta start somewhere and he has been learning at UT the past few years. Fans/journalists overstate the whole "this is the SEC" deal. Coaches will tell you that football is football and each level has it's own unique challenges.

Hey @InVOLuntary, since you live close, can you head up to the coaches’ offices, call a meeting, and explain to them how to institute a low carb diet into their lives? Are they having a contest or something?
I'm on it. I need to have them over for a big juicy steak dinner to illustrate the point.

As a father of three daughters, I have grown to greatly dislike shows like this. They tell young women that one dude "dating" multiple women at one time and having physical relations with multiple of these women is something that is acceptable and glorified. Reverse is true for shows like "Bachelorette". Tells young women that being in a physical relationship with multiple men that you have only known for a couple of days/weeks is a great idea. I might be a bit prudish, but I want my daughters to know that they deserve more and that they are worth more than that.

All you fathers of young men, I pray that you are teaching your boys that they are worth more than that too. I need there to be at least a few quality young men in this world that will treat young women, like my daughters, the way they should be treated and are willing to be treated by a young woman the way a young man should be treated in return.

Sorry for the rant. Raising teenage girls sends me down this road often.

Our whole society is based on money and sex; nothing wrong with either, provided the contextual relationship is correct. Most of you guys are a lot younger than me; I am 66 years old and I can tell you that with age comes broader perspective, which is a good thing. Our daughters need to be raised to be good wives and mothers. This is what they truly want; not that a career is bad, but their desire is the culmination of many thousands of years of societal programming to provide what is best for society. Sex outside the bonds of holy matrimony is unhealthy for society. There, I said it. Sure, God has given men an incredible urge to procreate, and we want young, fertile females (and they want us). I understand. Been there, done that. But to do so outside the bonds of marriage is ruinous to society - just take a look at the statistics for unwed mothers/illegitimate births. Families need Moms AND Dads. This is one of the major problems with current culture. Rant over.

It's funny. I was behind watching by about 20 minutes. When the game was tied at 45, I checked yahoo and saw we were up by 11 with 3 minutes left. I relaxed. How utterly silly of me.

Looked like our guys were tired and got sloppy. Started with Vescovi being lazy and getting stripped from behind coming across half court. Snowballed from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back