Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a different view of the wreck from what you do. Anytime a driver performs aggressive blocking maneuver such as Newman was doing, the result is not pretty

Reactions: Orange Maniac
I have a different view of the wreck from what you do. Anytime a driver performs aggressive blocking maneuver such as Newman was doing, the result is not pretty

I think both parties would admit that it's just part of racing and a risk you take. No dirty, malicious intent involved.

Accurate. Glad he's okay but the wreck was due to his driving.

As a father of three daughters, I have grown to greatly dislike shows like this. They tell young women that one dude "dating" multiple women at one time and having physical relations with multiple of these women is something that is acceptable and glorified. Reverse is true for shows like "Bachelorette". Tells young women that being in a physical relationship with multiple men that you have only known for a couple of days/weeks is a great idea. I might be a bit prudish, but I want my daughters to know that they deserve more and that they are worth more than that.

All you fathers of young men, I pray that you are teaching your boys that they are worth more than that too. I need there to be at least a few quality young men in this world that will treat young women, like my daughters, the way they should be treated and are willing to be treated by a young woman the way a young man should be treated in return.

Sorry for the rant. Raising teenage girls sends me down this road often.
I dislike that particular show just because it's stupid in concept.

As a father of three daughters, I have grown to greatly dislike shows like this. They tell young women that one dude "dating" multiple women at one time and having physical relations with multiple of these women is something that is acceptable and glorified. Reverse is true for shows like "Bachelorette". Tells young women that being in a physical relationship with multiple men that you have only known for a couple of days/weeks is a great idea. I might be a bit prudish, but I want my daughters to know that they deserve more and that they are worth more than that.

All you fathers of young men, I pray that you are teaching your boys that they are worth more than that too. I need there to be at least a few quality young men in this world that will treat young women, like my daughters, the way they should be treated and are willing to be treated by a young woman the way a young man should be treated in return.

Sorry for the rant. Raising teenage girls sends me down this road often.

I have a teenage boy and a daughter who just graduated college. So many guys and girls are just nuts. I pray they find a good spouse and not someone just waiting for next great lay. Lots of crazy out there. My son said he just cares about sports because girls just about drama and he doesn’t have time for that. So many messed up families that kids don’t know how to treat each other properly

I think both parties would admit that it's just part of racing and a risk you take. No dirty, malicious intent involved.

Yep. Blaney, said he was no longer trying to pass and was trying to push Newman at the second it happened. Wasn't because of blocking. He admitted the bumpers hooked wrong. Fairly common and nobody's fault.

Some understandably upset and blaming, others trying to reverse blame to defend whichever, silliness. Nothing to blame but the style of racing, same as it was the last time. And they probably won't change it until it's too late..again.

HAHA I don’t hate it that much and I’m not that old
Here's a recent gif of studs...

tenor.gif

My gosh Pruitt looks more like Fulmer every day. Was there a clause in his contact that stated he was required to have regular shots of Fulmer's DNA injected into him?

Wow, that sounded a lot less disgusting in my head but y'all know what I mean....right? Anybody!?

F it.... whatever it takes for us to win.

And in denial, hence the fit of that suit. 😅 Making Phil look good.

Serious question....does Will Friend have the face of someone you would be comfortable with letting babysit your kids?

I'm sure he is a great guy he just looks kinda crazy in pics. Actually, this entire picture is hilarious on many levels.

Serious question....does Will Friend have the face of someone you would be comfortable with letting babysit your kids?

I'm sure he is a great guy he just looks kinda crazy in pics. Actually, this entire picture is hilarious on many levels.

Look like a babysitter? Haha, no. Right look like for an OL coach tho. The funniest thing to me is Trey got a better tailor than all of them.

Yep. Blaney, said he was no longer trying to pass and was trying to push Newman at the second it happened. Wasn't because of blocking. He admitted the bumpers hooked wrong. Fairly common and nobody's fault.

Some understandably upset and blaming, others trying to reverse blame to defend whichever, silliness. Nothing to blame but the style of racing, same as it was the last time. And they probably won't change it until it's too late..again.
That's fair. My post definitely came off harsher than intended. Just meant he was as much to blame as anyone. The way he dove down to block left blaney with not a lot options. Would have probably been hard not to bump him there. But agree nobody's to blame but the style of race.

Tennessee football: Five potential concerns about Vols promoting Joe Osovet

After two years in an off-field role, Tennessee football promoted Joe Osovet to tight ends coach. Here are the potential concerns for the Volunteers.

5. Ties only in New York (No SEC recruiting ties)

4. Wasn’t promoted to on-field role for two years (interviewed for on field role when first came aboard...wasn’t promoted after 3 departures after his first year)

3. Never coached tight ends before (oversaw TEs as an OC and HC but never directly working with TEs)

2. Historical offensive style at odds with Jim Chaney’s. (Big Jim likes slower developing plays...Joe O developed the RPO in ‘01 and ran no huddle)

1. No on-field experience at FBS programs (As it says...spent his time in the JUCO ranks before moving to an FBS...in the SEC)

That's fair. My post definitely came off harsher than intended. Just meant he was as much to blame as anyone. The way he dove down to block left blaney with not a lot options. Would have probably been hard not to bump him there. But agree nobody's to blame but the style of race.

Oh, it wasn't in response to any particular post here or out there. The collection of all of them from every side. But I definitely see how it looked that way, you or Pepe. My apologies.

And every opinion looks like it has some validity. It's why I'm glad Blaney explained.

It was at that point where Blaney said he decided to push Newman toward his second title.
“I thought I was pretty square, but I just got him to the right,” Blaney said

Last edited:
Reactions: Sleegro
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back