Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go 5-7 and double your salary? Great business plan!
This has disaster written all over it...And I hope it is an epic one...how much patience does he think he is going to get from them at that price? I don't care what the MSU mouthpieces say, they will turn on him like a pack of rabid hyenas when he gets destroyed for the next two years..

I would wish that pox on programs I hate, but I hope the Buffs get a good coach after being betrayed like this. On the other hand...they could have ponied up and made a good enough offer to keep him there, but on the other other hand...why would anybody with any sense pay a guy like him that kind of money..🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: StoVol
In this age of PC bullsh!t, the whole country could stand taking a lot of things a little more lightly....
I hear this kind of thing a lot, but that's just not how I think. I think serious things should be taken serious and light things should be taken lightly. Now if the guy who lost an arm wanted to make light of his situation because that's what makes him feel better, that's one thing. But nobody else has the right to make light of it.

That being said, I'm sure I do take some things a little too serious, but that's what makes me who I am, and everyone's different. It takes a blend of different personalities to make a healthy society.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who's currently a possible tourney team. I thought we made some nice adjustments with tempo, we looked to push the ball more and once the secondary break fell apart, set the offense and worked clock. We had excellent ball movement, and of course the defense was lockdown most of the game.

I’ve been screaming up tempo the whole season.still trying trying to figure out why we are setting screens 25ft away from the basketball at the top of the key that does nothing for our offense,especially when you manage to get open and nobody looks to take the shot..but Arkansas also had 14 turnovers and their best players were sitting so.good game by the vols and you showed facts but still..

Reactions: appyvol
Who's currently a possible tourney team. I thought we made some nice adjustments with tempo, we looked to push the ball more and once the secondary break fell apart, set the offense and worked clock. We had excellent ball movement, and of course the defense was lockdown most of the game.

Bama's lowest this season was 67 (we held 'em to 65 until the very last second) and holding Arkansas to 61 was their lowest of the year.

I think with an effort like we've seen the last few weeks (even against Kentucky) this team could still get 18 wins which might be enough for a tournament play-in game.

Need to win @ South Carolina Saturday and handle business with Vanderbilt next week to get to 16 before the punishing final stretch of games. I think we could beat Florida & even win @ Arkansas. There's a chance we could upset Auburn in one of those two games, if their shots aren't falling. Still a tough stretch, would love to get the Memphis and A&M game back...both games we could have/should have been able to close out.

yeah, and i know we were favored to win, but ARK is still,what 2 games ahead of us in the SEC?

and it was as close to "must win" as it kinda gets at this point.....and they went out and played the best game they've played since probably early December....

and you just can't say enough about how well Vescovi has been adjusting. he's getting better and better.

if nothing else, that game last night had to be a big confidence boost given what our schedule looks like the rest of the way.

may be a case of too little too late when it comes to selection time....but i see improvement, i like the effort they play with, and the defense has been consistently good all year.

get an influx of talent, some more devleopment for the returning players, and hold serve on the defensive end, and i think next year has the makings of a fantastic season.
Arkansas is 4-7 in the SEC

Bama's lowest this season was 67 (we held 'em to 65 until the very last second) and holding Arkansas to 61 was their lowest of the year.

I think with an effort like we've seen the last few weeks (even against Kentucky) this team could still get 18 wins which might be enough for a tournament play-in game.

Need to win @ South Carolina Saturday and handle business with Vanderbilt next week to get to 16 before the punishing final stretch of games. I think we could beat Florida & even win @ Arkansas. There's a chance we could upset Auburn in one of those two games, if their shots aren't falling. Still a tough stretch, would love to get the Memphis and A&M game back...both games we could have/should have been able to close out.
i'd be surprised if 18 regular season wins, at this point, would get us in....i just don't think we have enough quality wins to get us there. and the losses to aTm and MSU really didn't help, and have us up against the wall on win total....imo.

i almost think we need to win out and win one or 2 in the SEC tourney.

we absolutely have to beat USCe, Vandy and Ark.

Florida is certainly gettable.

and i think at least 2 of the 3 left against Auburn and UK.....

Pretty amazing that our 5 highest rated WRs next year will be 4 true freshmen and 1 true sophomore:

Ramel Keyton — .9503
Malachi Wideman — .9492
Jalin Hyatt — .9218
Jimmy Calloway — .9197
Dee Beckwith — .8884
The down side to that is a couple of them could find their way to the portal potty if they don't get ball enough. That portal potty is a nasty thing :cool::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back