Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
had a millenial 'flake blow up on me once for calling him hoss. says its degrading. LOL.
I was just quoting Bonanza...But I despise those people, and they come from every generation..but it seems like the social media age has exponentially caused their kinds population to explode. The totally intolerant, tolerance loving hordes of idiots.

I'm a boomer and I find it degrading also. Is it is especially bad when is when people continue calling me such crap after I have told them that it is unacceptable. If people LOL at my attitude on that subject, they get a fist in the face.
You have got to be kidding...that is stupid.

I'm a boomer and I find it degrading also. Is it is especially bad when is when people continue calling me such crap after I have told them that it is unacceptable. If people LOL at my attitude on that subject, they get a fist in the face.
Calling someone "hoss" is unacceptable but punching someone in the face isnt. Seems backwards.

Thanks brocephus. Update on your mom or did I miss one? How you holding up?
Thanks for asking. I was going to post an update today. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and for praying for her and my family.

She is better. She went in Friday like she was on heroin or something. Wouldn't wake up. Would wince in pain with at any touch. Would cry out in pain if we tried to move her at all. After several rounds of IV antibiotics she alert almost to the point where she doesn't sleep at all or at least to appear not to sleep. I had a sleepless night Saturday night as instated with her and she was very agitated all night.

They think the infection (UTI) is under control but she doesn't seem to have the ability to walk. She's plenty strong so we think it's just the progression of the disease. She's definitely regressed mentally the last 3-4 weeks. They are bring in PT today to see if they can get her walking again. If she can't walk, we've got some serious and tough decisions to make as a family. My dad can't care for her by himself without her having the ability to walk despite his desire to do so.

Everyone's continued thoughts and prayers are appreciated. Its definitely a very tough time for our family.

Last edited:
Thanks for asking. I was going to post an update today. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and for praying for her and my family.

She is better. She went in Friday like she was on heroin or something. Wouldn't wake up. Would wince in pain with at any touch. Would cry out in pain if countries to move her at all. After several rounds of IV antibiotics she alert almost to the point where she doesn't sleep at all or at least to appear not to sleep. I had a sleepless night Saturday night as instated with her and she was very agitated all night.

They think the infection (UTI) is under control but she doesn't seem to have the ability to walk. She's plenty strong so we think it's just the progression of the disease. She's definitely regressed mentally the last 3-4 weeks. They are bring in PT today to see if they can get her walking again. If she can't walk, we've got some serious and tough decisions to make as a family. My dad can't care for her by himself without her having the ability to walk despite his desire to do so.

Everyone's continued thoughts and prayers are appreciated. Its definitely a very tough time for our family.
Still praying for your mom and family.

The only reason to call a stranger Hoss or some other diminutive is that you are making an aggressive attempt at domination or to downgrade the other person. In my book that is not acceptable social behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back