Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Was a 5 star because I thought he would play like one

Farrell science. 😏
I think Mond is definitely above average QB playing in the SEC west. He has regressed some in 2019, but 26 TDs (7 rush) and 9 INT's isn't that bad. Farrell's quote is horrible. LOL.

Reactions: butchna
I think Mond is definitely above average QB playing in the SEC west. He has regressed some in 2019, but 26 TDs (7 rush) and 9 INT's isn't that bad. Farrell's quote is horrible. LOL.
i don't think Mond has looked "5*" at all. not saying he's garbage.

I agree with you. Although compared to some of the other 5 stars in the article (Patterson, Erlingher, Eason, etc), I'd take Mond.
hmmm. tough one. they've all had moments where they looked the part. but with patterson and eason transferring, neither has had the impact you might think they would have....and both went to relatively good programs, so there should be opportunity to excel......

Erlingher...i like that kid, but i kinda feel the same way about him as Mond.....

i would look at all 4 of those kids as former 5* QB prospects as reason 1 why QB's are the hardest HS position to evaluate (at least from a recruiting service standpoint) because so much of the evaluation is on the tangibles...physical attributes/measureables, arm, feet etc....the ususal stuff.

but the "great" qb's...have that "it" factor that really isn't quantifiable...and you just don't ever really know if they have it until you see it.

none of them are bad....so don't get me wrong.

hmmm. tough one. they've all had moments where they looked the part. but with patterson and eason transferring, neither has had the impact you might think they would have....and both went to relatively good programs, so there should be opportunity to excel......

Erlingher...i like that kid, but i kinda feel the same way about him as Mond.....

i would look at all 4 of those kids as former 5* QB prospects as reason 1 why QB's are the hardest HS position to evaluate (at least from a recruiting service standpoint) because so much of the evaluation is on the tangibles...physical attributes/measureables, arm, feet etc....the ususal stuff.

but the "great" qb's...have that "it" factor that really isn't quantifiable...and you just don't ever really know if they have it until you see it.

none of them are bad....so don't get me wrong.
If you could blend Mond with Bowden, you might have a Lamar Jackson type QB. Might be a stretch there.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Sorry, not seeing it.
I'm a basketball coach and I believe you build your foundation on defense. I think a good man to man defense is great, but too many coaches are stubborn about only playing it even when you don't match up. You also need a basic zone your kids know how to play well. I like the 1-2-2 because you can always put pressure on the ball and you can easily switch to a box and 1 out of it. If she gets them to buy in on defense, it's not easy, offense is fun defense is hard, she will be fine. Defense always travels, and if you play smart and hard you will have a chance to win most games with 5 minutes to go.

If you could blend Mond with Bowden, you might have a Lamar Jackson type QB. Might be a stretch there.
it is, but you're not wrong. mond to me looks stiff, if htat makes sense?

he's athletic..ish....and he's a good passer. not the greatest decision maker. but he'll make some throws that will make you say "wow"...made a couple against Clemson last year that made you think he's gonna be something.....he still might. next year will be big for him...and i'm sure expectations will be such that it's time to live up to the hype.....

it is, but you're not wrong. mond to me looks stiff, if htat makes sense?

he's athletic..ish....and he's a good passer. not the greatest decision maker. but he'll make some throws that will make you say "wow"...made a couple against Clemson last year that made you think he's gonna be something.....he still might. next year will be big for him...and i'm sure expectations will be such that it's time to live up to the hype.....
mond to me looks stiff,
.....twss

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I'm a basketball coach and I believe you build your foundation on defense. I think a good man to man defense is great, but too many coaches are stubborn about only playing it even when you don't match up. You also need a basic zone your kids know how to play well. I like the 1-2-2 because you can always put pressure on the ball and you can easily switch to a box and 1 out of it. If she gets them to buy in on defense, it's not easy, offense is fun defense is hard, she will be fine. Defense always travels, and if you play smart and hard you will have a chance to win most games with 5 minutes to go.
My problem is they have no recognizable offense. Next time they play just watch the post. They just sort of follow the ball around with their butts in the defender. Not much in the form of screens. they pass it around the three point line and then someone goes one on one with a desperation type shot or shoot a three. Defense is the key to this teams success because their best chance to score is on transition baskets. They can win if they can turn the other team over to get those and if they're hitting the three. There are other things that stick out to me but I don't want to offend Butchna.

Reactions: shoney
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back