Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be the first to admit, after the GA State and BYU game I really thought the Pruitt era was very close to being over before it really ever started.

Today, with no 'Orange Glasses" on, it's very clear the direction Coach Pruitt with the support of Fulmer has Tennessee heading.

Yes, it will be a few more years IMO before we are "elite" but gone are the days of worrying if we are going to be bowl eligible and hoping to win football games. I'm confident the worst era of Tennessee Football in my lifetime is behind us and we have some really fun times ahead.

Go Vols!
We need an offense. Defense will be fine.

I'm always a little wary about buying discount store tea. Not the brand, the age. Still, if it works out, why not?

What I've tried from Taylor's of Harrogate has been pretty solid. Haven't tried their Darjeeling. Darjeelings are tough. The blends are OK, but the really good ones are the single estates, and they get super pricey because they're sold at auction. Best tea, highest price.

Still, probably the best tea I've ever had was an Arya Estate first flush Darjeeling. Fruity, creamy, super-full mouth feel, but it still had that muscatel undertone. Nowadays for something from Aya, it's like $40 for 50 grams. Might as well be looking for a different kind of leaf out of Colorado for that price.
You'll have to wait almost a year, but Teabox.com puts on sale on single estate Darjeelings -- muscatels included -- every Thanksgiving: 40% off, some at 70%. And they're vacuum sealed. The board changes every few days.

Reactions: WriterVol
I'm always a little wary about buying discount store tea. Not the brand, the age. Still, if it works out, why not?

What I've tried from Taylor's of Harrogate has been pretty solid. Haven't tried their Darjeeling. Darjeelings are tough. The blends are OK, but the really good ones are the single estates, and they get super pricey because they're sold at auction. Best tea, highest price.

Still, probably the best tea I've ever had was an Arya Estate first flush Darjeeling. Fruity, creamy, super-full mouth feel, but it still had that muscatel undertone. Nowadays for something from Aya, it's like $40 for 50 grams. Might as well be looking for a different kind of leaf out of Colorado for that price.
TJ was the exact place I discovered Taylor's too. @nicksjuzunk Last stop before Vadham.

Last edited:
I was going to mention Vahdam by name but already TLDR. Great recommendation. Teabox is great, too, especially during huge sale at Thanksgiving. lol Yunnan remark.
I mean, I can literally send a message and I can get whatever tea I want from Yunnan. I am highly regarded by a girl we worked with when she was in college in Thailand

For those who were there, was Shrout's bomb to Callaway vs South Carolina as absurdly loud as it sounded on TV?

It sounds like every single person in the stadium screams at the top of their lungs when he catches that ball.

I don’t really remember how loud it was but I do remember getting light headed from screaming. So yes, probably was a bit loud.

Good Lord, people, let's not do this.

Let's talk some football or recruiting or something.

Here's a topic: Favorite play from this season?

This post made me realize how great this season was. Hard to pick just 1 play. I'd probably go with Jennings 48 yard TD against USC. He shook off a LB tackle like it was nothing.

Reactions: Pane di mais
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back