Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone summarize Pruitts conference from earlier?
rested, healthy as we've been all year. players are still improving. Missouri really good and has dominated us recently. we have a great opportunity. has coached against Bryant before and will have a plan.

no smiles. no laughs. still likes being around this team, team still likes being around each other, doesn't see any issue with the guys getting back in gear.

pretty standard stuff. nothing earth shattering.

anyone got those cliffs

Article mostly confirms what most of us suspected: halftimes adjustments are NOT overrated, after all. Tennessee’s second half defense ranks as pretty much elite over last 5 games. Extrapolating over full games, UT would rank top 5 nationally in yards per play and stop rate. Also has only given up 8 bust plays (30+ yards), ranking second behind OSU. Further, JG and Maurer have been exceptionally accurate in the last 5 games, Cimaglia has been critical to the turnaround, etc etc. it’s a nice article.

I was all about Blackburn until I saw the way he tweets.
He was the no doubt future guy at UT...being groomed at the lil sister down in Chattanooga. SOMETHING went really wrong down there! I hope we never find out specifics because it can’t be good.

Reactions: drvenner
overall, i think if you were goint to evaluate "intangibles" i would imagine we would lead in that category simply based on trajectory, and what is still attainable for us vs. them at the moment.

i feel a lot more confident in this game than i did a month ago. but the m.o. is the same for us.

we have to stop the run, and the running QB is a dynamic we haven't had to deal wtih too awful much this year, aside from KY, so i guess that's a good thing we got some of that in recently....though they went option football vs. what we'll see from Bryant as a runner.....who knows, maybe they try to incorporate some of that based on their film study???

either way, offensively, as has been the case pretty much all year, it's about the QB. again, i feel more confident than i did a month ago, but we have still turned it over at inopportune times, and have had drives stall in the red zone, and our run game has basically been just good enough to keep running it.

they've got to be a deflated bunch and i think if we can get up on them early, we could coast...the longer the game is a question....the harder it may be to pull it out.

i like us in this game though. we're healthy, rested....i'll say TN 27, MO 21.
We have to be efficient in the red zone. If we kick FG every time, we likely lose. I know that's pretty much true for any team, any game, but we have been pretty bad in RZ offense all year.

We have to be efficient in the red zone. If we kick FG every time, we likely lose. I know that's pretty much true for any team, any game, but we have been pretty bad in RZ offense all year.
i'll be honest, i'll take FG's vs. turnovers...................that's what's been the killer....the red zone turnovers.

we come away with 0's too often in that part of the field.

it's really amazing we've won the games we have given the number of times we have turned it over down there.

Reactions: drvenner
yeah, i remember that post. and what they've had to do just to get that program going again...anyway...you can kinda tell what's important to him.
I might be assuming too much that he would leave that behind.

maybe. but you gotta think that part of the work involved in doing that has to be for the favor of a bigger job down the line.......?
Made him a rockstar prospect for any candidacy. Reading about him, he might be that unique type that doesn’t get swayed by the big schools.

Reactions: jakez4ut
With only 7 spots left in this class it's going to be interesting who gets in. There have been a ton of offers lately and lots of interest from seemingly more than 7 recruits that have offers. Is it possible they find more room than 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back