Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I recall, Pruitt made Kelly Bryant and that Clemson offense look pedestrian in that Sugar Bowl. Safe to say that Mizzou has a lot less talent on offense than Clemson, and while we also have a lot less talent on defense than that Bama team, Pruitt has our guys playing in a similar lockdown fashion. I like our chances.

With only 7 spots left in this class it's going to be interesting who gets in. There have been a ton of offers lately and lots of interest from seemingly more than 7 recruits that have offers. Is it possible they find more room than 7?
I would guess that there might be more than 7, because of decommit or we find out one or more of our commits had conditional offers.

And why exactly would this be great?
Luke only went 100% with the light side once it was revealed Darth Vader was his father and tried to kill him. Maybe he is saying Pruitt must go through a similar trial and tribulation to reach what it takes to destroy Alabama. There's no greater motivator than denial from your own family.

Dumb.

Rocker doesn’t coach the position groups responsible for a lot of those pressures.
In case you didn't catch it, I was being facetious.

If you did, and think we should still fire Rocker, then I just simply do not agree. I also don't think the on-field production agrees either.
I'm willing to respectfully disagree with anyone about that. Ultimately, it's Pruitt's decision and I trust him.

In case you didn't catch it, I was being facetious.

If you did, and think we should still fire Rocker, then I just simply do not agree. I also don't think the on-field production agrees either.
I'm willing to respectfully disagree with anyone about that. Ultimately, it's Pruitt's decision and I trust him.

Fire Rocker. Hire Rucker. He knows the team needs to lift weights during the season because they're small and need to fix that.

RBs are mediocre. They have 6 touchdowns in 10 games and 102nd in yards per carry.
Fwiw the team is 102nd, but this doesn't separate RBs from QBs. 1 thing that has killed us since Dobbs is negative QB "rushing" yards. More like sack yards, but either way. This year they are actually gaining positive yards, but just over 1 YPC on over 60 carries. Still a lot of wasted plays.

I'm not sure anyone tracks RB-only YPC rankings. SEC StatCat tracks actual rush play yards and has us 13th in the SEC, 1 spot better than total YPC. I think this tracks all designed runs, still including QBs. But should at least exclude sack yardage, which the ncaa still inexplicably includes.

PFF has our RBs ranked in the SEC:
Chandler 14th
Jordan 22nd
Gray 41st

Decent, not great. Meh for RB1, good for RB2, meh for RB3.

It’s my belief that things aren’t made as well now because companies want to make more money. The only way to do that is for their product to break at some point. Hence the society we live in today.
An old corporate concept. So commom there is an in-house term used for it - planned obsolence. Would think modern online reviews will eventually curb this, but time will tell.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Moneyline is just where we have to win outright? What sort of return do you get for that?

Yes sir, ML you're just picking the winner. If you think a betting underdog is going to win, there is a lot of value in these kinds of bets. For reference, in the LSU v Alabama game, at kickoff one could have got LSU at +160, which is 1.6:1 odds. Basically if you bet $100 on LSU to win, you would have been rewarded with $160.

Reactions: Devo182
I heard a media person say this last week and at first I didn’t buy it but I’m starting to think he’s right

He said if ga state/BYU didn’t happen we wouldn’t have beaten the SEC teams we did. His thought was it was those awful losses that got this teams attention and allowed them to grow. I think I agree
Bru bear...I like this line of thinking
giphy (56).gif

Reactions: SmokinBob

Definitely weird...I have learned from the experts that pressures are the best indicator of expected sacks. I would attribute this anomaly to 2 things - 1) quite a few of our sacks have been coverage sacks. Those are more likely to get home. 2) Taylor has finished at a very high rate and he is our sack leader by a high multiple.

Lots of new offers going out. I am unrustled about them because I trust this staff.
At what point does an offer mean much when our staff has given out nearly 500? Not all of them can be "high on our board". Hate to think it, but the beginning to the season really affected this class imo.

Definitely weird...I have learned from the experts that pressures are the best indicator of expected sacks. I would attribute this anomaly to 2 things - 1) quite a few of our sacks have been coverage sacks. Those are more likely to get home. 2) Taylor has finished at a very high rate and he is our sack leader by a high multiple.

Yep, blitzes and stunts as opposed to base DL play. We get sacks when Pruitt wills it.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Statistically

Pass offense: Missouri

Pass defense: Missouri

Rush offense: Missouri

Rush defense: Missouri

Home field: Missouri

Confidence and momentum: Tennessee
Going off total yards?

Our passing offense is more efficient than theirs. They simply pass more often than we do. Their rush YPC is hardly above ours. Their rush defense is hardly above ours. Their pass defense is better by 1 YPA.

But given trends...these are mostly equal.

In the past games against Missouri, I haven't had any optimism about winning. That has changed now, we win by 17 points.
I’m seeing more and more coming over to my way of thinking. Vols win big Saturday; we smash Vandy next week; recruiting heats up and we sign some key pieces on ESD; we win our bowl game to get to 8-5; finish season in top 25; have a few massive signatures on NSD; recruiting explodes for 2021; we are preseason top 15 for next season. Boom!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back