Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said all summer that this team would be lucky to get to 6-6 with JG at QB and it would take a win over Vanderbilt to get it.

JG was very erratic in the 2018 Mizzou and Vanderbilt losses and looked even worse in the Orange and White game while Maurer flashed more than once. I even predicted on Twitter that Maurer would be the starter before October.

And I was roasted by many for my brutal honesty. Some even questioned my loyalty as a VFL.

Just saying.

Didn’t start before October though. Georgia was on 10/5

Just saying.

Reactions: UTSuave’
I

Think if we beat SC we get three more. We lose to SC, we don't get four more.

Losing to SC means winning out, which means beating Mizzou, which easily handled SC. UT did win their last 4 in 2014 under Dobbs to get to bowl, included that wild finish against SOS and SC in Columbia. But I would much prefer not having to depend on upsetting Mizzou to become bowl eligible. But although I fully expect UT to get whipped Saturday, I want to see them play like they think they belong on the field with Bama and play physical and with an attitude. For the whole game. No matter the score. If so, then I will feel like they can beat SC.

You did. I remember. I thought JG would continue to improve.

But fans are always going to think on the positive side. It’s what fans do. If JG is above average, we are probably 4-2 with an easy chance at 7-5 or better.

Agreed. JG should have won the first two games and the Vols should be 4-2 with an excellent chance of making a bowl.

Think it only applies to the interlocking UT.
View attachment 231951
Not a lot in the Big Easy either and I'm a good 12 or 15 houses east of the river!

I remember reading somewhere that we had an agreement to stop using the interlocking and Texas would not use the Power T. I think they use both however. Lying bastudges.

Reactions: SoilVol
It's going to be two more auto losses too because we have to prove we can beat the rest of the SEC first. The thing is I think we are building it up in a way that takes time but it's going to be sustainable. Not flash gimmicks that let you beat Florida and Georgia and then 2 years later you can't win a SEC game.

Reactions: Pane di mais
It would certainly be better without them on the schedule every season, and it’s hard to imagine UT beating them while Saban is there but I don’t like the idea of the Vols running from a fight.
I hope the lil b!tch doesn't retire before CJP beats him! I hope he doesn't retire because he doesn't have the defense to win a championship, and he's too vain to retire before that. We need a few years but not an eternity. I wish they'd quit putting them in the playoffs when they lose: it gives them a bye.

Edit: This situation is unprecedented because the playoff system has created a situation in which the same few teams get all of their draft picks first, as it were. Not merely first pick in each round. But it's not insurmountable with an eye for talent, UT's resources, a plan, a few years, and maybe a drop of luck. I still think Pruitt is the guy to do it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back