Recruiting Forum: Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of this morning, 247 still thinks it's (1) Fisher and (2) Gundy. I think they are wrong. I haven't been following 247 through this search, and for some reason, I checked this morning. I think they are misinformed, JMO.

Lol. Pleading for subscriptions with that one.

247 is leaving strong out b/c they are riding with Higdon stating no interview has taken place. They're sticking to that story. Hubbs has repeatedly stated that Strong was interviewed and he thought it went really well. I hope Charlie would really leave Louisville and he's not just positioning himself for a raise. I have to say he did throw his hat in the ring quickly to just be leveraging himself IMO...

If it's Strong, so be it. I'm not thrilled, but anyone looks like Lombardi compared to what we had. I just hope he doesn't keep Chaney. And I hope he at least does something about our uniforms, it's time to catch up with the times...

Poster on VQ who lives 25mi from Stillwater, OK is saying local news is reporting Gundy has been offered.

I hope that's smoke. Gundy needs to keep his ass in the midwest IMO. His overall recruiting has been sketchy IMO. The facilities and amenities that he has to showcase to recruits should be an easy sell but he's not done it to this point. Plus he's got no coaching experience in the SEC or recruiting ties to the South.

If it's Strong, so be it. I'm not thrilled, but anyone looks like Lombardi compared to what we had. I just hope he doesn't keep Chaney. And I hope he at least does something about our uniforms, it's time to catch up with the times...

You can blame CDD for anything you didn't like when it came to UT football and Adidas. Dooley had complete control of the Adidas rep. Nothing got by without Dooley's approval.

He picked up Hart and crew at the airport yesterday morning. He was interviewed at his home. They spent several hours together. Not sure on the outcome. Hubbs said before the interview he had no problem getting info from Stillwater. He said that after the interview everyone has clammed up. Not talking...

Thanks, seems like things are getting serious when everyone starts shutting up?

247 is leaving strong out b/c they are riding with Higdon stating no interview has taken place. They're sticking to that story. Hubbs has repeatedly stated that Strong was interviewed and he thought it went really well. I hope Charlie would really leave Louisville and he's not just positioning himself for a raise. I have to say he did throw his hat in the ring quickly to just be leveraging himself IMO...

I agree, but I have no idea why they have Fisher as #1. It's all been smoke so far with Fisher. Nothing official has taken place with Fisher.

I hope that's smoke. Gundy needs to keep his ass in the midwest IMO. His overall recruiting has been sketchy IMO. The facilities and amenities that he has to showcase to recruits should be an easy sell but he's not done it to this point. Plus he's got no coaching experience in the SEC or recruiting ties to the South.

This.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree, but I have no idea why they have Fisher as #1. It's all been smoke so far with Fisher. Nothing official has taken place with Fisher.

Lynx I couldn't agree with you more. Doesn't make sense. Just because Hart is most comfortable with Fisher and has a history with him doesn't mean he's a realisitic candidate.

Gundy is being paid $3.8 million a year at OSU, you'd think OSU would easily match a $4.0 million offer from us, I'd think we'd have to go close to $4.5 million a year to get Gundy. He is NOT worth that.

I bet we could get Strong for about $3.5 million a year, then give him $5-6 million for a staff & let him do work.

I think they're spot as as #1 and #2 candidates trying to get a raise and more control from their current schools. I'll admit, it's hard to tell whats going on with Hart at times so anything is possible i guess.

He had Mcneil on a late visit and couldn't pull him even after we lost to KY.

not related to coaching search, or maybe it is:

when do Bray, CP, Hunter, etc have to decide?

Gundy is being paid $3.8 million a year at OSU, you'd think OSU would easily match a $4.0 million offer from us, I'd think we'd have to go close to $4.5 million a year to get Gundy. He is NOT worth that.

I bet we could get Strong for about $3.5 million a year, then give him $5-6 million for a staff & let him do work.

Truth. He's trying really hard to leave Okie State. I've heard that after this 7-5 record this season the feeling is mutual.... WAY, WAY over priced.

Dude, did you watch the ESPN inside the program video I posted? There facilities are Grade A. Everything there is freaking plush.

Yea, I've seen a lot of pics/videos of their facilites. May be better than ours. They have just as much $ if not more $ than we do. I'm just not impressed w/ Gundy at all. He's only been out of the midwest for 3 years of his career & that was at Maryland as a WR coach from 97-00. I like Fedora as a candidate better than Gundy, at least he has SEC experience & has branched out to different areas & has more connections.

If Hart doesn't hire Strong I bet he will end up regretting it just like Hamilton regrest not hiring Kelly.

Strong has a very young team at UL, if he doesn't leave this year they have a very good chance of going 13-0 next year & playing in another BCS game. His stock will just continue to rise.

Yea, I've seen a lot of pics/videos of their facilites. May be better than ours. They have just as much $ if not more $ than we do. I'm just not impressed w/ Gundy at all. He's only been out of the midwest for 3 years of his career & that was at Maryland as a WR coach from 97-00. I like Fedora as a candidate better than Gundy, at least he has SEC experience & has branched out to different areas & has more connections.

I would put Fedora over Gundy as well. Personally I don't think Gundy could find a better situation than he is in right now. If he can't do it there, it ain't happening here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back