• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

Recruiting Forum 90 Day Weight Loss Thread

July 14, 2019: 216

Finally back down to my original weight BEFORE dieting.....this has been one of the most difficult things I have done in a long while.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Couldn't weigh in yesterday. 240 this morning. Almost in the 230's.

@Big Gucci Sosa @Rishvol green beans can awesome. My wife cans fresh green beans so we eat them all year. Nothing like home canned or fresh. If your problem with the store bought can beans is the texture, try French cut. They are better. Spice them up some too.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoCo_Vol

@Big Gucci Sosa @Rishvol green beans can awesome. My wife fans fresh green beans so we eat them all year. Nothing like home canned or fresh. If your problem with the store bought can beans is the texture, try French cut. They are better. Spice them up some too.
Tips on slicing? Cook on stove top? Tbh I just got steamed ones.

@Big Gucci Sosa @Rishvol green beans can awesome. My wife fans fresh green beans so we eat them all year. Nothing like home canned or fresh. If your problem with the store bought can beans is the texture, try French cut. They are better. Spice them up some too.
My problem with green beans is the same problem chemo patients have with food after they are done with the therapy. No matter the green bean I throw up. It's a mental adversion to the green beans. Heck I even throw up with green bean casserole.

Tips on slicing? Cook on stove top? Tbh I just got steamed ones.
Yes. Cook on stove stop. If they're store bought canned, get the French style. If the are fresh cut them about an inch. (We don't cut them, we break them). You have to cook them a good bit in the stove if they're fresh. Make sure you string them too. Nothing worse than chewing through the strings.

With the store bought can beans you'll need to spice them up. Garlic and a green beans need salt. Save your bacon grease and use it as a seasoning as well. Place a table spoon of bacon grease in while cooking.

Variety makes a huge difference as well. We prefer white half runners. Peanut beans are good too. Blue lakes are good. If you have a farmers market, see if they are growing any fresh out there in the dessert.

My wife spent the whole weekend stringing, breaking, and canning two bushels of white half runners beans. She still has a a couple of canners left to can but she should get about 40 quarts when all is said and done.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
6’0
165 skinny fat

I’m in decent shape, but with a kid on the way I want to get fit again while it’s still relatively easy. Main goal is to lose some fat, but I wouldn’t mind some mass if it’s good muscle I’m putting on.

Anyone have a link to a good workout plan for apartment gyms? I have dumbbells and a cable machine that most exercises can be done on. No barbells, unfortunately.

VN Store

Back