Recruiting Football Talk VII

Someone kicks my truck they're gonna get a bullet with butterfly wings
You'd throw your own life (or close to life) away over...a guy kicking your truck?

Imagine those decades in jail time first and the effect on your family. Then imagine a truck...with a light dent in it, soon to be repaired by the jerk that kicked it and got arrested.

Hell, anyone that just randomly kicks innocent folks' trucks probably needs a good mental eval. Losing 2 lives over a dent is...a bit much...

Imagine those decades in jail time first and the effect on your family. Then imagine a truck...with a light dent in it, soon to be repaired by the jerk that kicked it and got arrested.

Hell, anyone that just randomly kicks innocent folks' trucks probably needs a good mental eval. Losing 2 lives over a dent is...a bit much...
It was an observation on tough guy rhetoric in the form of Smashing Pumpkin lyrics, if I understood correctly. @Cosmo Kramer with the reference ID.

Reactions: Govolsman98
I'm not really a fan of the Smashing Pumpkins. I did see them once with Liz Phair (of "Supernova" fame) opening. I really liked her show better. The best part of all was her coming back out and them doing a David Bowie set together in tribute, the week of his death. Great set.

You'd throw your own life (or close to life) away over...a guy kicking your truck?

I meant I would sing that song at them

Reactions: Devo182 and Orange.
Popularity is not reliable indicator of merit.
Might as well be in sports. There are no objective measures, of course, but it's not even like music, where a strand is popular but demographically naive. People watch what they enjoy, to Jack's point...and soccer is worldwide and across generations. The closest thing there is to an objective measure across humanity. No other sport comes close.

I honestly can't get in to soccer either unless it's the World Cup. Perhaps if I had a team I really got behind. Otherwise, going back and forth for 90 minutes and then winning the game on Penalty Kicks is not enjoyable for me.
Conceptually it sounds dull, then you get into a match and it's the opposite.

Imo outside of WC - watch ANY TIME the US plays Mexico. Pure gold and the most intense thing I've seen. It feels like life and death.

I don't make much time for sports outside of UT, but US soccer is one that's a great follow outside of the WC.

Watched the third period. Playoff hockey is intense with players sacrificing their bodies. Preds had to block 10-15 shots in the third. Smashville will be rocking for game 3.
Preds blocked 32 shots in total throughout the game. Canucks had 84 shot attempts and only 18 made it on target between blocks and missing the net. Preds took advantage of their opportunities and Canucks were shut down by a defense that was ready to suffer for the win and Juuse was solid in the net. You have to be able to win these types of intense games on the road in the playoffs and the Preds did just that. Hold serve at home and Preds will be in a strong position. Won’t be easy at all, but this team can do it.

VN Store

Back