Recruiting Football Talk VII

how many times has he done that this year? at least 4 that i can think of. how many times did he nearly miss?

you would think teams would scout
Years ago there was a catcher that played for Pittsburgh in MLB that would pick players off first base on a regular basis.

Strongest catcher's arm I've saw.

That’s not exactly it.

In 2021, MSU got run ruled in 2 games in the SECT and won the national title. Arkansas won the SECT and lost in the supers. In 2022, OM lost their opener in the SECT and won the national title. UT won the SECT and lost in the supers. In 2023, Vandy won the SECT and lost in the regionals. UT lost their opener in the SECT (and out) and went to the CWS. Before Covid, there are examples of teams winning in both, but there is definitely recent evidence that winning the SECT really does not do anything for you. You use a bunch of arms. It’s the long game.
Breaking the trend now is the Vols Way!
Win it all!

how many times has he done that this year? at least 4 that i can think of. how many times did he nearly miss?

you would think teams would scout
I think ESPN finally did the scouting for the other teams. They were asking Burke on their postgame show what the signal is, which of course he declined to answer.

It really was a play that the championship may have hinged on. Impressive to see Stark and Burke get us out of what was a really tight jam. It was the rally killer of LSU biggest rally threat. Combs finally snuffed the other huge LSU rally threat with that final strike.

Last edited:
Happy Monday

May 27, 2024: Check yourself and make sure that you are being kind to everyone, especially those who are closest to you. Your love must be genuine and unselfish. You reap what you sow. If your love is genuine and not just about you and your needs, it will be multiplied back to you. Be generous in your thoughts and actions, says the Lord. Proverbs 10:11-12 The mouth of the righteous is a well of life, but violence covers the mouth of the wicked. Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all sins.

I seem to remember fans complaining about Stark's arm in previous years and ranting about baserunners abusing him. It's a great story how through his own efforts and the staff's he has been developed to the point that he was a star of the tournament with that heady and perfectly executed throw. What a game changer that was!

I seem to remember fans complaining about Stark's arm in previous years and ranting about baserunners abusing him. It's a great story how through his own efforts and the staff's he has been developed to the point that he was a star of the tournament with that heady and perfectly executed throw. What a game changer that was!
Obviously can’t predict alternate endings but I think if he had not made that play we probably lose. Kirby had just come in so that’s not a given but we had just gone through a couple of pitchers pretty quick and they had the mojo with bases juiced. I have faith that Kirby could close it out but it was definitely the pivotal point in the game.

Another pivotal point was later in the bottom of the 8th when Kirby got a 1-2-3 inning with the top of their lineup. That was huge.

VN Store

Back