Recruiting Football Talk VII

What is weirder to me is how they think the women's program should be comparable to the men's in any way really. They significantly overestimate how much anyone cares about women's basketball. Even at Tennessee.
Whether you like Women's basketball or not, that sport kept Tennessee's name revelant during winter sports in the 80's, 90's and early 2000's. When Men's basketball and Baseball absolutely sucked.

Hey Braves fans:

April 12, 1966
Exactly 105 years after Confederate General P.G.T. Beauregard opened fire on the Union garrison at Fort Sumter, the North retaliated with their own blast – in the form of a two-run round tripper by Pirates’ left fielder Willie Stargell.

The extra-innings home run spoiled spirits in the brand-new Atlanta Stadium on April 12, 1966, packed with 50,671 fans eager to witness the Braves arrival to the Peachtree City from Milwaukee. It was an anticlimactic ending to what was a four-day long welcome held in honor of the team, featuring everything from cocktail parties to a city-wide parade down Peachtree Street, as schools and businesses closed for the historic day.

View attachment 633872

View attachment 633873
Tony Cloninger throwing the first pitch in Atlanta Braves history..............
Got em back with Francisco Cabrera and Sid Bream. 😎

It's great for us, imo. I dig it. Our programs are succeeding across the board. I think the biggest voices in the media rail against it for the same reason that I approve: it is increasing parity. No wonder Saban was irate.

But I understand why some people don't like it.

At least so far, Heup, Barnes, and Vitello are rocking the portal.

I think it's too early to conclude that Barnes won't pull multiple rabbits out of his hat this year.
My horror so far has been losing the players I got attached too. I don't think VOLS coaches are handling it poorly, at all. (knock on wood)

Y'all make a Yeti want to start eating people again.
I think that this could be mutually beneficial.
Are you willing to eat trolls and/or Legion of the Miserable for the good of the RF regulars?
Say every 10th one can be your choice? Otherwise we can vote your menu options.
What say ye?
We will provide all the mustard and BBQ sauce you need.

When would you like to begin? 😇

My horror so far has been losing the players I got attached too. I don't think VOLS coaches are handling it poorly, at all. (knock on wood)
Don't get attached will be less painful when the player leaves for more money. Which is fine as long as they better themselves.

Whether you like Women's basketball or not, that sport kept Tennessee's name revelant during winter sports in the 80's, 90's and early 2000's. When Men's basketball and Baseball absolutely sucked.
Sure. I'm fine with women's basketball for what is it and what it means to Tennessee but mens sports pay the bills and draw the eyeballs. It is what it is.

Listening to Josh amd Swain yesterday, someone said that Chris Lofton would have transferred after Peterson was fired, if these rules applied then. I think about that now and the history that would have been erased if Lofton did transfer out.

Yeah, it was sad. I hear you. C'est la guerre. Maybe 'Shack will come back and we'll "portal over" the other two. He who laughs last laughs best. One shooting guard on campus this weekend. We need a dominant big and fire power. I suppose it's not really different than recruiting over players. At least that's the way I've come to experience it. I think I was affected by those early portal periods when we picked up so many great guys. I think this post is interesting: #1,981

Last edited:
Don't get attached will be less painful when the player leaves for more money. Which is fine as long as they better themselves.
That’s what used to be what made college sports so special. The fact that the players chose your school, and the fans chose to support them. The passion and the attachment to the school and each other were like nothing else in sports.

Now….
Don’t get attached
Players leave for more money

Soon….
A draft
Make the same
NFL minor league
“Grandpa, tell me ‘bout the good old days.”

We appreciate their sacrifice, now, back to irrelevance. Thank you.

If they Schiano this, how long before the pious ESPN talking heads implement pious justice? 🤔
200w.gif

VN Store

Back