Recruiting Football Talk VII

I don't think DW is going to fire KJH for winning 20 games and making the NCAA, but I do think missing it will be the axe year regardless of what her buyout looks like.

Holly was fired after making it every season and with 3 elite eight appearances and 1 sweet sixteen appearance. They university has a lot of money tied up into facility upgrades right now is probably the only reason the first round exit this year won't send her packing. (although it's only March 26th...so things could still change).

Reactions: Vols4us
The most underrated character on Andy Griffith was the guy who played half the criminals and some of the police officers and a grocery store owner and and an Army recruiter and a couple of the general miscreants that the Mayberry boys had to deal with.

You know the one.
1711465178485.jpeg

I truly can understand why soccer fans get extraordinarily violent, it is the pent up frustration of having to watch a soccer game that causes it. I also understand why it is so popular in much of the world, because it is such misery to live in much of the world that soccer is a step up.
In America we have it good and we have better things to do.
novela-telenovela.gif

How did the Lady Vol big wigs feel about that?

As I said, I've never known if that is true or not. I hope it's not. It handcuffs from the jump.

More and more, Lindy La Rocque is my phone call.
They want to keep it Pat's Program. But it isn't Pat's Program now-- and she would be the first to tell you that.

They want to keep it Pat's Program. But it isn't Pat's Program-- and she would be the first to tell you that.
Wanting to keep it "Pat's program" while it goes further down the toilet is some real smoothbrained behavior. Seems like winning and not having **** coaches would honor Pat's legacy more.

LV only fans seem like a strange bunch.

It's WBB though. How many people are true hardcore fans of WBB? It's kind of like the baseball program is for a lot of people. When TN is good people follow when we aren't it's an after thought. With MBB good or bad it still has a pretty good sized following.

except baseball is fun to watch.

Wanting to keep it "Pat's program" while it goes further down the toilet is some real smoothbrained behavior. Seems like winning and not having **** coaches would honor Pat's legacy more.

LV only fans seem like a strange bunch.
It's a very political, divisive situation. Allowing it to become that will be painful to fix.

I’ve been following this all morning. The videos are nuts! I’ll be curious to see why it happened. They’re saying it doesn’t appear to be intentional, so I’m guessing a medical emergency with the captain of the ship.
There’s not just one “dude” in change of a vessel that size. I’m guessing equipment malfunction.

Reactions: OrangenSC
People think it's fun because they're winning.
How many people thought it was fun when Todd Raleigh and Dave Serrano were losing mid week games to ETSU?

id rather watch blind kids play baseball with baguettes for bats than womens basketball. Does that answer your quesiton?

Last edited:
@Mrpeabody8888 @MetalVolunteer

How is recruiting going? How do you guys feel about the new staff member's ability?
I’ll say this much, CH is going to continue to bring in/promote coaches who are well rounded in both Teaching/developing and recruiting. Some may have better skills in certain areas but ALL bring something to the table.

I think the new additions will end up being great hires. With Sims, you don’t continue to progress the way he has and recruit at the level he has without being a great teacher AND mentor for young men.

Coach Igne, I think is a great hire too. His resume speaks for itself.

I think this is the BEST staff we have had in YEARS. Period.

Nope.
Did you support the program before Tony brought it to an Elite level?

Nope but I sure as hell can appreciate the product because baseball is entertaining.

Womens basketball is not. No matter who is the coach or isn't. Don't care and I know I'm not alone. If it weren't for Pat, it all would be an afterthought.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

VN Store

Back