Recruiting Football Talk VII

I guess my opinion is how true will this scheme stay for Creighton? I’m sure they will have plenty of film that shows Tennessee does not handle physicality well and there is clear examples of how to frustrate DK and disrupt his game.

Maybe Creighton stays true to form, but McDermott is a great coach and I don’t think anyone should be surprised if they change their defense to exploit a clear weakness we have.
From what I saw the other night Creighton really doesn’t like physicality. JJJ and Toby need to feast on them. Jonas isn’t physical himself so him and their center are a wash.

Word is all future games must be played with pillows stuff into pads, and that any attempt at a tackle must have express written consent prior, notarized.
World class athletes shouldn’t need that particular method…smacks of laziness. Like the horse collar/Roy Williams rule.

The whole story stinks to the top of the mountain. He was gambling, his buddy may have been placing the bets and has taken the rap but it all points to Ohtani was gambling. And he was gambling on baseball. It's what he knows. I'm sure he wasn't betting on football, maybe sumo wrestling, but no it was baseball.
Pete Rose just turned up his television.
Innocent til proven guilty. Ohtani has $700 million reasons he will be found to be a victim..

So when we play Purdoodoo, here is what we do. Put in a third stringer early in game and just have take the big oaf down so hard he is out for the game. If he gets ejected so be it. Then we can play a more evenly called game with the human foul magnet out of the equation. Easy peasy.
you're joking but I was talking to some friends about this yesterday

how ironic that we balled our fists up watching Uros play at times, but he would be the man for this job, exactly

playing Edey you basically have to engage him 100%, or not engage him at all. You'd have to start your enforcer, let him elbow Edey in the ribs until he gets thrown out, then start your real big(s) the rest of the way. You have to do everything you can to limit passes inside, then disengage completely if Edey gets it. He's going to score anyway, you're going to rack up fouls. Just nothing you can do. Let him score and try to outscore the rest of their team. could push the pace.

Unfortunately/fortunately we have a coach that wouldn't do that kind of thing, so we'll just see if we get lucky vs them. I think we'll have 10 fouls 5 minutes in, but whatever. Worthless to debate or plan until we win vs Creighton anyway. THey have their own challenges to present, though I do like our matchup vs them

Innocent til proven guilty. Ohtani has $700 million reasons he will be found to be a victim..
I understand that he'll probably walk. The only reason Rose was taken down is that he made enemies of the baseball powerbrokers, besides it's hard to piss off people by shooting your mouth off if you can't speak their language.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Coming in at number 9 is our beloved Tennessee Volunteers. I would agree we are top 10 best jobs in college basketball.

If UK gets the gall to part ways with Calipari, they should go after Arizonas Tommy Lloyd or Baylor Scott Drew, big name coaches at programs that just can’t completely match the allure that UK would have. That said, if Calipari would just slightly modify his approach of having an all McDonald all American freshman team, he’d probably have the leadership and experience to make it past the first round. Or at least then there would be no excuses.

VN Store

Back