Recruiting Football Talk VII

Tremendous content.

I too think Banks has overall done a good job. And agree recruiting could be better, and should be now that results are being seen. I also wonder, what the heck is up with the Martinez situation in this equation? No raise, no contract extension, but he’s still here. If he’s not going to be retained, they should fire him and find the person who can improve both our talent and development now, or we’re just delaying our growth. Also, back to banks, no one game should be a fire-able offense, but if there was one it would be the Florida game last year. Same could be said of Halze and 2nd half at Bama. You want to stay true to your identity and strengths, but not at the complete sacrifice of game planning. We played right into floridas strengths. Our tremendous run defense ended up looking like Swiss cheese because we couldn’t get off the field because we gave Florida the short game. I don’t get it. Make them try to beat you throwing the ball beyond 5 yards. They can’t. Hopefully we’re more competent there this year. I think Inge will be a great asset. And I’m optimistic that the secondary’s ceiling is higher than it has been since huepel took over.

I also am not sure what I think of Halze. Did we make the best of a player - JM3 - who had hit his ceiling in a year that the OL couldn’t make him look better than he is, or did we handcuff him to minimize risk and end up reducing his and the offenses potential in order to avoid embarrassing gaffes, thinking that we had enough elsewhere to come out on top? This year better be better, or Joey better be gone. Love our offenses potential.
Martinez got a 1 year extension: Willie Martinez Inks New Deal

This is the big part, IMO

Also why I'm glad we aren't playing Oregon. I think we'll have way more room to operate vs Creighton, and I think that's the kind of game/opponent that DK shines

I guess my opinion is how true will this scheme stay for Creighton? I’m sure they will have plenty of film that shows Tennessee does not handle physicality well and there is clear examples of how to frustrate DK and disrupt his game.

Maybe Creighton stays true to form, but McDermott is a great coach and I don’t think anyone should be surprised if they change their defense to exploit a clear weakness we have.

18550.jpeg

Meet the two newest animals to join our farm Saturday evening. We were hoping for no babies this year but Mom decided to break into the boys paddock and here we are.

The boy on the left is Nico, little girl on the right we named Ivy in keeping with her goat family tradition. Her mom is Magnolia, her grandmother is Willow.

Nico is going to be a long, leggy billy......... Thought the name Nico was fitting.

My Dad is a Vols fanatic and has loved watching the basketball team this year, but considering he gets up at 4AM to work at 6AM, he hasn't gotten to watch Tennessee play in the tournament at all. Real bummer.
Tell your dad that he is soft…. I get up at 4 every morning….. go to the gym to lift weights with my son at 530…. work by 7-730 and I have watched every game. 😂 Just messing with your dad… It is hard on me.

giphy-downsized.gif

Tell your dad that he is soft…. I get up at 4 every morning….. go to the gym to lift weights with my son at 530…. work by 7-730 and I have watched every game. 😂 Just messing with your dad… It is hard on me.

View attachment 629545
Seriously

People can have one day where they don't get their perfect amount of sleep.

Reactions: volbeast33

Nico be like...
How the Grinch Stole Christmas: Feeding the Grinch on Make a GIF

The Grinch - Force feeding on Make a GIF

The clause in his contract that allows him to opt out is speaking about high-level Dodger executives leaving, not his interpreter.

At this point, there isn't any evidence to suggest that Ohtani was gambling himself. Even if it is determined that he was gambling, it doesn't become a Pete Rose-level story until it is determined he betting on baseball.

Having said that - Ohtani's story, especially the second story they have told about the money being stolen from him, does not pass the smell test. At all. At the very least, he appears to have wired $4.5 million to a bookie, which is a big deal in and of itself. It seems quite possible to me that at the very least, his interpreter had a generous line of credit with the bookie because there was an assumption, or maybe even an understanding, that he was good for it because he was Ohtani's buddy.
The whole story stinks to the top of the mountain. He was gambling, his buddy may have been placing the bets and has taken the rap but it all points to Ohtani was gambling. And he was gambling on baseball. It's what he knows. I'm sure he wasn't betting on football, maybe sumo wrestling, but no it was baseball.
Pete Rose just turned up his television.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back