Recruiting Football Talk VII

To clarify:

I never doubted them for a second. I lost my cool and "mad posted".

VFL
Oh I think everyone had similar thoughts.

I couldn't stop thinking how we were literally going to lead for the prior 37 minutes...only to finally lose the lead in the final minute and lose.

The way we went from a 12 pt lead with 12 mins left to 9 with 10 mins left...to an 8 pt lead with 6 mins left...to 5 with 4 mins left...to 2 pts with 2 mins left...it just felt like an inevitability heading our way.

So proud we told the basketball gods to go away

talk-to-the-hand-g7bvqqeati8b9ta3.gif

Oh I think everyone had similar thoughts.

I couldn't stop thinking how we were literally going to lead for the prior 37 minutes...only to finally lose the lead in the final minute and lose.

The way we went from a 12 pt lead with 12 mins left to 9 with 10 mins left...to an 8 pt lead with 6 mins left...to 5 with 4 mins left...to 2 pts with 2 mins left...it just felt like an inevitability heading our way.

So proud we told the basketball gods to go away

View attachment 629290
Our history, we lose that game every time.

And with the shooting numbers, apparently every tournament team loses that game every time.

Until we didn’t.

If we have to matchup with Oregon, I’d give Couisnard a nice dose of JJJ and Mashack mixed with some Vescovi. Make him as frustrated as possible. Make Dante beat you with as little help as possible. I’m sure Barnes will scheme something up no matter who we play.

Nah, ain't got time for that. Just here to fish and enjoy retirement.

TiL Arian Foster has put out multiple rap albums and has a few songs over a million streams on Spotify.

Vocals a bit like J Cole, background a bit like Logic. Production is actually decent. It's not terrible, which is saying something.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
I actually feel better that we didn't play well. For whatever reason we cant put more that 2-3 good games together without a stinker. Now thats out of the way and 2 good games gets us to the ff.
We've played great in 9 of the last 11 games.

And even including the useless tanked Miss St game is questionable.

This will be an unpopular statement. Oh well.

Voltello has been the best thing to ever happen to the Vol baseball program. One of his strengths has always been the sixth sense he has about pitcher usage. That has been missing in two of the team's losses - the third game at Bama and last night. He let two guys with some talent that were out of gas to come out to pitch at the end. In the Bama loss he used Russell as the starter for only two innings who had only given up one run. If the guy was innings limited, do not use him as a starter. He then left Snead in too long, who pitched over 5 innings in relief.

In both games the rest of the guys had battled back to take the lead only to have poor decisions and pitching to lose it. In both games Snead and last night, Russell, were clearly used up and being tagged. It was obvious they needed to bring in new relievers to give the other hitters a different look. His infatuation with using Combs and Stamos in key situations is also frustrating.

Pitching and pitcher usage is obviously a work in progress. It is not something to be overly concerned about yet. Hopefully our pitching will improve over time and Tony's good sense about the selection and hook returns. If it doesn't this is going to be a roller coaster season.
Just keep repeating to yourself “Baseball is not football.”

And that is exactly why we are very unlikely to be relevant again. These so called fans and boosters ONLY care about LV basketball. Insanity.
Not a big deal…. He should have congratulated the women’s team for their win in the tournament…. Most of the comments are fired up about our huge win over Texas.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Creighton has a pretty balanced scoring attack.

All scored 18+ last night but their bench gave them only 7 points in a 50 minute game.

Plus their 5th starter had 1 point.
Good for us.

We don't overadjust on trying to stop individual players.

We play straight up man across the board and let every defender hold their own. I'll take our 5 defenders against any 5 scorers.

And all their scorers still only scored as many as we did in regulation on our worst night

VN Store

Back