Recruiting Football Talk VII

I don’t think it is an outlier game…. It is our style of offense that tends to lead to tight games…. Dan Hurley said that he played a similar style until he realized how hard it is to win 6 games in a row playing like that.
It’s an outlier this season. You can say what you want about Barnes’ history, but we’ve scored well this year.

I also don’t get the question over the style of offense when Aidoo missed layups and at least 6-8 of three pointers weren’t contested. Aidoo and DK missed wide open 10 footers late in the game. You have to watch the kind of missed shots, and this offense gets open looks.

It's absolutely an outlier. Find me a game where we shot anywhere close to 12% from 3. Heck, it was 1-22 at one point. That's the definition of an outlier. We've never shot that poorly.
I can’t match stat for stat if you are asking me to do that…. we did however just shoot 33% from the field and 24% from 3{8-33} while scoring 58 points against Miss State in the SEC Tourney… I don’t think our offense gets very many good looks in rhythm from the 3 point line in these tourneys when defensive intensity ramps up. We did miss the clean looks as well though.

It doesnt matter though…. Just win, baby!

I’m extremely encouraged. The offense could not be any worse. The ball movement was fine, but when you shoot that poorly from the field you usually lose.

The defensive intensity never let up, when they could have because of the lapses on offense.

This team is mentally tough, and I’m excited for our chances coming out of the region next week.

What do you mean by style? Nothing about Texas shooting 36% and having 17 turnovers should have been a close game. I don't think Barnes drew up going for 1/21 from 3 at one point.
I don’t think we get very many clean looks in rhythm…. we did miss clean looks though… Survive and advance.

VN Store

Back