Recruiting Football Talk VII

I think it's extreme sarcasm. She's an awesome old lady and one of the greatest Cinderella stories in CBB history involved her. There's zero reason for anyone to hate her.

That's the comedy of it imo. It happened to us and so we feel an ironic requirement to joke about her actually being an evil old lady who hexed us.
I know...was just chiming in on the joke..

That is absolutely pathetic. No excuse for that kind of crap. Most of Vol Twitter is not like this.
Austin Burlage is awesome. Great Xs and Os. Poor choice of words...MAYBE. I'm not sure "hag" is that terrible lol. He's not even talking like Australians do...didn't even pull out a C-word, B-word, or even an A-word.

You're right, much of Vol Twitter is way worse and cringier unfortunately. It's one step below the FF.

agreed. it's hard to get mad about a 30 pt win.

but i left the game thinking the same tihng. i'll give Vescovi this...he at least saw the ball go thru the net and he had a good defensive night too. he still sometimes looks to pass TOO much. there was one play in the second half where he was driving to the basket, looked like he was about to lay it in and in mid air decided to dump it off, and the ball goes out of bounds. we were up by 26 and i had to catch myself before i made myself look stupid for yelling about it...but i was like "just shoot it!!! there doesn't always have to be an "extra pass"!!!! "

JJJ...i would say he did not have a good game at all. solid-ish rebounding...but he had some brain farts with the ball in his hand, and his shot looked terrible.

I hate being critical of either of those two becaue they have meant a ton to this program and i believe both are gonna be great ambassadors for us after they're done. those two have been here for our 1st SEC tournament title in the last 40 years, a regular season title and 5 straight ncaa tournaments and a ton of meaningful, exciting, big time wins.

i think i'm mostly sad that they seem to be going out like this. they just don't look like super seniors should, especially super seniors that have spent their entire careers at one school, under one coach.
Yep agree, good post--- the hard part is what you said, they didn't really get it done, but we were up by so much, it didn't affect the outcome of the game. These performances moving forward however, will get us into trouble against much better teams we are about to face. Man, if these two super seniors were performing like you would think, it would be insane the amount of scoring talent we'd have on the court. Guess we'll see what Barnes does Saturday if they start off like they did last night.

They ran a trash Pac league tourney and the 3rd luckiest team in the nation (USCjr).

But you could still be right. Weird time of year.
I don't care what they did all year, from what I can tell, multiple injuries during the year have totally skewed perceptions if their capabilities...I'm going by what I saw with my own eyes yesterday. I think everything we think we know about them this year is a mirage.

Jeez....how do teams stack so many great players?. I wish we could stack a bunch of great offensive players and still get RBs ferocious team defense...THAT team would be a absolute juggernaut.
Agree but the sad thing is, if Vescovi and JJJ were playing at the level they should/could be right now, we actually would have that stacked of an offense... Can you imagine what we have now and then throw in a consistent JJJ when he was scoring 12-18 and rebounding and Vescovi was going off for that many and more from the 3 point line a few years ago? You add in an Awaka who has progressed/developed a little more and we'd be freakin unstoppable.

Reactions: So.ProVOL
Lack of stamina in your old age?
Shhhh....he's sleeping...
Old Man Sleep GIFs | Tenor

VN Store

Back