Recruiting Football Talk VII

Honestly, I'm not the type to criticize anyone for making a donation publicly or privately. The person in need doesn't care who it's coming from and sometimes a celebrity name attached draws far more donations.

My bigger complaint is when these celebrities and politicians pop-up and create their own organizations to donate to...that always seems a bit more questionable to me.

The Taylor Swift hate is silly. She's a successful business woman and musician. Isn't that what America is about? My daughter loved her music when she was younger and I could think of a lot worse music to listen to. I took her to a concert before the tix got crazy and it was a good "show". I get that she is on the news all the time and it is annoying, but why question a donation. I guarantee the family isn't. Have you donated the quoted quarter?

We have women openly singing about their wet vaginas and we worry about how many boyfiends Swift has had?...lol

So anyways Travis…tell us more….openly 😂

1708096754278.gif

It's very much not okay.

Really not okay. LV bball may not move the meter for a lot of people, but it's something I grew up being proud of.

They need to get a coach. This ain't okay. We should be great. We basically invented basketball for women...I mean goodness. Run a offense! Play hard defense!
Have you ever noticed that our women basketball players can't (or won't) jump? For comparison, go look at the front line on the women's volleyball team.

On Shaq. God gave that man gifts on and off the court. I think he summed it up for himself that he did not want to do just one thing intensely like Kobe. He was diversified and enjoyed his life. I do agree that if he utilized a portion of Kobe or MJ's work ethic Shaq could have blown away all records. That said he is a business man, philanthropist, commentator, dj, and some might say musician. All the things a modern athlete aspires to be.

Karen should know exactly what she has after this weekend. Sheesh, what a test of games early on.
Talladega Nights | /r/Karen | Karen | Know Your Meme

That is pretty cynical, I hate this idea that the wealthy SHOULD donate more. Taylor makes a ton, and regardless of what % of her Net Worth is or isn't donated shouldn't matter. She's still donating, and not just to a non-profit she owns.

100k to someone else's GoFund Me, she also donated 1 million to the Tennessee Emergency Response Fund as well. What I appreciate is unlike most "look at me" celebrities she's actually been enjoying the games and excited to watch Travis and the Chiefs play at least when they cut to her during the games.

Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF by Hell's Kitchen

I'd loved to seen Shaq and Penny (healthy) stay together......
Me as well. I lived in Tampa at the time and watched that team closely. I'm a Lakers fan but hated it when Shaq was pulled away. With Penny looking like he could be one of the best PGs of all time (didn't end that way), and Dennis Scott shooting threes, that team could have been amazing.

Me as well. I lived in Tampa at the time and watched that team closely. I'm a Lakers fan but hated it when Shaq was pulled away. With Penny looking like he could be one of the best PGs of all time (didn't end that way), and Dennis Scott shooting threes, that team could have been amazing.
Nick Anderson hasn't been the same since Game 1 of 1995 NBA Finals.

Reactions: screenthis
On Shaq. God gave that man gifts on and off the court. I think he summed it up for himself that he did not want to do just one thing intensely like Kobe. He was diversified and enjoyed his life. I do agree that if he utilized a portion of Kobe or MJ's work ethic Shaq could have blown away all records. That said he is a business man, philanthropist, commentator, dj, and some might say musician. All the things a modern athlete aspires to be.
Lol yea he made top notch movies 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: DD4ME
Shaq is was never will be Wilt or Lou Alcinder. Sorry just isnt. Fat or not fat.

You may need to watch some video of old Wilt when he was playing, Shaq would body that guy.

Wilt as he was, not even close to Shaq. That's why comparing different eras is so subjective because the guys playing in the early days we're always assuming the production would be similar and it wouldn't unless they were able to match current day athleticism with modern S&C.

But game vs game Shaq would dominate Wilt head to head.

You may need to watch some video of old Wilt when he was playing, Shaq would body that guy.

Wilt as he was, not even close to Shaq. That's why comparing different eras is so subjective because the guys playing in the early days we're always assuming the production would be similar and it wouldn't unless they were able to match current day athleticism with modern S&C.

But game vs game Shaq would dominate Wilt head to head.
I mean we could argue what ifs all day. I simply look at all time scoring list.

Who knows, Wilt coulda gone on a Papa Johns binge, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back