Recruiting Football Talk VII

I make a light hearted joke and you’re about to have an aneurysm. This is a sports discussion forum that you might take a bit too seriously.
I remember when jokes were FUNNY…not spoken word poetry. What was the punch line for “spinning for Butch and Pruitt”? Must be that Basillio Philly humor. 🤔

Maybe you guys that hate Taylor for no reason will take this in -

Taylor Swift has donated an incredible $100,000 to the family of Lisa Lopez-Galvan - the beloved mom who tragically lost her life as a result of the Super Bowl parade shooting.

Thats like .50c or a dollar to us normal folk.. but yea good for her.

A.J. Russell must be very impressive as a pitcher by getting opening day start over Drew Beam who is a Stud pitcher.
I'm wondering if it's a matchup thing based on the opponent? In a regular series, I'm going to think Beam is the guy on Friday. Having said that, most everyone I've heard talk about Russell says his stuff is pretty darned good AND one podcast I caught indicated that he's now got 4 pitches? Outstanding if true. The best part for me is that we've got options. We're not right vs left heavy either way. We've also got bats up and down the lineup plus talent behind guys. Teams simply won't be able to pitch around our best hitters anymore....or at least I don't think so. I expect some growing pains early, but as tough as it is to do, I won't be shocked if this bunch does, indeed, get back to Omaha.

That's nice. I hate to sound cynical but it's also .01% of her wealth and a tax write off. It'd be like me handing you a quarter.
The Taylor Swift hate is silly. She's a successful business woman and musician. Isn't that what America is about? My daughter loved her music when she was younger and I could think of a lot worse music to listen to. I took her to a concert before the tix got crazy and it was a good "show". I get that she is on the news all the time and it is annoying, but why question a donation? I guarantee the family isn't. Have you donated the quoted quarter?

We have women openly singing about their wet vaginas and we worry about how many boyfiends Swift has had?...lol

Last edited:
Not sure, I'll have to check into that
Man, I'm ready for next season to start and it's only February. . . I'm not sure I've ever been as excited about what a team might do.

I think our defense will look good, but can't wait to see what we look like with Nico and Cam in the backfield. I think our o-line is gonna help them both a lot. . . WRs too, they'll have a lot of opportunities to make some plays. Hopefully Sampson cleans up his blocking. I think we'll look a lot different than last season, maybe get back up around 42+pt avg.

I can't remember when we've had this many players with so much potential on offense. . . maybe Dobbs, Hurd, Kamara, J Kelly, Callaway, Jennings, J Smith, J Malone, Ethan Wolfe. . . I hate Butch Jones. ..

VN Store

Back