Recruiting Football Talk VII

Tennessee will always have the upper hand in this case because it can simply ignore any penalties from the NCAA. Which won’t have any jurisdiction over CFB in the very near future anyway.

Reactions: JCP201
I think it just means they are not allowing it to be wide open currently by rules
I don’t think they will be able to retro actively punish us
If that was the case he could have just left it unapproved by the deadline and not make a decision. Instead, he denied it. That’s not good. Doesn’t necessarily mean the injunction won’t be approved, but it’s not a good sign.

Reactions: DD4ME
Missed his 3 year prime…. Killing Nazis
Cousin Inglorious Bastards GIF - Cousin Inglorious Bastards Bastards GIFs

Probably means that the judge didn't want to do anything drastic the day before signing day.

So, does this TRO being denied mean we are about to get absolutely boned by the NCAA and we might as well start looking for a new hobby? What does this mean?
The only thing that this case has to do with UT/NCAA is it would have prevented the NCAA from any sanctions against UT.

I suspect the NCAA is probably going to be a little more hesitant with UT going forward after UT blasted them, their AG basically sued them on grounds that will basically end them, TNreps are pushing a law to skewer them, and the entire nation came out against them with pitchforks.

UT has received a notice of allegations. Nothing else. NCAA expected UT to be easy victims. Nothing is saying now that NCAA will even follow up now.

If they do, UT has courts and suits of their own at their disposal.

Nah, I think the lawsuit will eventually win, but for our purposes, we really need the temporary injunction, and this is a really bad sign for getting that on the 13th.
The ncaa takes years to investigate the temporary injunction wouldn’t have mattered for us if you expected them to hand out punishments this year, they never do that…

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
If that was the case he could have just left it unapproved by the deadline and not make a decision. Instead, he denied it. That’s not good. Doesn’t necessarily mean the injunction won’t be approved, but it’s not a good sign.
Yeah, it was denied on the grounds that it failed to prove requisite imminent harm. The injunction requires that too, and I don’t see anything happening in a week to change that.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
All this ruling means is the court, based upon the filings, did not find that we would suffer irreparable harm if the TRO was not granted pending the hearing on February 13. While it obviously would’ve been a great win to get the TRO I do not think it necessarily predicts how the judge will rule on the temporary injunction at the he hearing on the 13th.
Caveat, I have not read the ruling just saw the news release.

So everyone during the recruiting process is provided an NIL deal but the NCAA says they cannot do this.

Do I have it right??
The issue is we flew a recruit here on an unofficial visit on a booster jet before he had committed. We say it was due to permissible or undefined NIL dealings others say it was impermissible benefits.

All this ruling means is the court, based upon the filings, did not find that we would suffer irreparable harm if the TRO was not granted pending the hearing on February 13. While it obviously would’ve been a great win to get the TRO I do not think it necessarily predicts how the judge will rule on the temporary injunction at the he hearing on the 13th.
Caveat, I have not read the ruling just saw the news release.
Fingers crossed. It is fair we don't even have an NOA so no immediate relief granted.

The issue is we flew a recruit here on an unofficial visit on a booster jet before he had committed. We say it was due to permissible or undefined NIL dealings others say it was impermissible benefits.
I thought Spyre flew them here. I thought we were not involved with the flight at all.

TRO is denied. This is not a positive.
Judge hasn't even heard the case. It probably just means he hadn't heard enough to do something drastic like open unfettered NIL offers the day before NSD.

The case will be tried now, and the judge will hear arguments.

Now... If the injunction is denied, UT's blanket cover against the NCAA allegations isn't there, so we'll see how that plays out now. If the NCAA is dumb enough to try to push the allegations, UT has lawsuits at their disposal as well. (Also everyone remember, the TN state law makes it illegal for NCAA to attempt a post-season ban on UT or Vandy. So NCAA's enforcement is limited, even if they try to push the allegations.)

Nah, I think the lawsuit will eventually win, but for our purposes, we really need the temporary injunction, and this is a really bad sign for getting that on the 13th.
May be stronger for us after the judge actually hears arguments. And will probably be a bit more open to it when it's not a rush job the day before NSD.

if I had to rank them…

1. Stone Temple Pilots
2. Alice in Chains
3. Pearl Jam
4. Soundgarden
5. Nirvana
6. Mother Love Bone (basically a hair band but really are the fathers of grunge, it’s just Pearl Jam with a different singer)
Here is one of my greatest regrets in a life of many big ones....we used to go to the old Roxy theater in Buckhead and watch shows sometimes of up and comers or popular regional bands...one weekend a friend got tickets and asked me to go with and see this group called Stone Temple Pilots..I was like "who the 🤬 is that"? and he said " Don’t really know...some group from California somewhere that is supposed to be pretty cool" and I was like "nah..I think we're just gonna go up to Chattanooga with some friends"..

That was early in 92 right before they blew up...🤦‍♂️

VN Store

Back