Recruiting Football Talk VII

As long as the caps are large enough that you can hide the bags that will still be delivered then fine. Anyone thinking TN won't be pushing this envelope, with others, has not been watching very close.

Well, if you believe that there is zero chance at regulating the whole thing, then yes, let it all roll without any guardrails. I on the other hand believe Caps can work and help teams like Missouri compete with the Texas's of the world longer term.
Bama laughs at your "caps".

will that stop the players getting their own NIL deals?
Yea, I'm seeing here and elsewhere that would be a 'non starter' with the courts though I'm not a lawyer. As for the Salary Caps, seems to work in the NFL. Kansas City is definitely not a big market team. Of course, there will always be those trying to 'bend' the rules (hello my Lakers).

Bro listen to the 80's country music.

A female I dated back in the 80's loved Conway Twitty, he done a concert in Knoxville with Vern Gosdin. So I took her for her birthday.

Every female melted when Conway said "Hello Darling"

Lastly oh Knox got rewarded for that birthday gift..🧐🧐
Just as long as you understand she was thinking of Conway while she was rewarding you

Cap will not work. Team cap sure, player cap - nope.
Any cap will be violated under the table by the NCAA pets. It will reverse the documented parity that has taken place. Meanwhile their rivals will be attacked. The bag game loses it's advantage when confronted with NIL. The bag game protected class would be back in business worse than ever skirting a team cap with impunity.

There is no crisis because Saban got beat out for Nico and then Bama (who has taken portal players from other teams all along) now lost some players to the portal when their coach retired?

What is the "crisis"? I don't see it. But "crisis" and "wild west" are repeated so often that the repetition appears to be affecting viewers just like advertising does.

The only crisis I see is the continuation of the corrupt NCAA's intentionally crooked and unjust double standards in enforcement.

NIL and the portal largely take that power away from the abusive NCAA. That's a feature not a bug.

Yea, I'm seeing here and elsewhere that would be a 'non starter' with the courts though I'm not a lawyer. As for the Salary Caps, seems to work in the NFL. Kansas City is definitely not a big market team. Of course, there will always be those trying to 'bend' the rules (hello my Lakers).
That is a salary cap paid directly by the team…. players can still go out their own NIL like deals that don’t have to fit under the salary cap.

Every city has different radio stations playing different music, it’s a lot more vague than you think it is even before mudding the waters with internet or satellite radio.

Guessing Top 40 stations are what you’re talking about specifically.
I guess. There are about 4 FM stations in knoxville that are popular. . . pop. . . ular, 😂 107.7, 98.7 (I think), used to like 102.1 when it was the oldies, 104.5 (99.9% garbage), 103.5. . . probably a couple more. Most likely all top40.

Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back