Recruiting Football Talk VII

This is my neighbor's yard in Pelham, Alabama. He's been suffering the last couple of weeks and I thought I would help him out a bit. Note, we live in a small golf community with lots of neighborly walkers so he will get the full benefit. Just hope he doesn't notice for a few days. Edit: The light was low, the sign says "I'm going into the portal too!"

Attachments

• 20240118_165612.jpg
    20240118_165612.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 20240118_171043.jpg
    20240118_171043.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 80
I've always held the theory that Kiffin brought it with him.
I have a hard time figuring out how someone got it through security.
Seems like I read somewhere that they had some sort of a Top Golf event in Neyland prior to that game. It was probably already in there. But I think the Mustard came from the Ole Miss sideline. If you been to any High school football games you see them squirting mustard down kids throats when they cramp.

Reactions: SmokinBob
I scream, yell, and call them idiots when I’m watching, but I never @ the people, because they’re all still kids. I’m sure this is what he’s referring to, and frankly I agree on that part. People gotta remember these guys are 18-23 year old kids, whether getting paid millions or not, don’t @ them on social media just to be a d**k, save that for the message boards they probably hardly look at.
While I def agree don’t talk to them on the social platforms
I don’t agree they are kids
18 your an adult, you can go fight wars
Plus they are getting paid millions to play a game
I don’t feel sorry for them and they def aren’t kids

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Exactly what point are you trying to make here? Lane recruited them. Probably before the portal. He let them announce they had chosen Ole Miss along with the rest of the portal in order to get the publicity. Ole Miss fans made a lot of posts about getting Tennessee players. Only to end up without any so post is true. Knowing Kiffin the way we do we assume he was not able to pay everyone he promised the moon to, but it may just have been they decided to go elsewhere. Only other option is he did it knowingly to get them away from Tennessee then left them on their own.
I don't think that is what happened...I believe they both said yes to the Ole Piss offer, and then both of them shopped that offer and got some other sucker to give them more than Ole Piss would..or could..pay..

I think that piece of 💩 scumbag got played by people just as 💩ty, slimy and dishonest as him.

And that makes me happy...and sad..that neither of those dudes will ever be called VFLs now...over a few more bucks, but to be fair, maybe it wasn't a few more bucks.

I can see a team desperate for a good-pretty good DE on their DL giving TB a decent chunk...I don't understand why anybody would give TM premium money....he was solid, but that's about it.

Exactly! I recall Saban swooping in and taking To'o To'o: that's what liars and frauds Saban and Bama fans are with their complaints about "football being ruined." It wasn't even legal for Saban to do that like it is today. But somehow Birmingham revoked the rule prohibiting intra-conference transfers at exactly the moment Saban wanted to swipe Toot. Now Bammaws are screaming that transfers need to be stopped and at the very least intra-conference transfers should be banned. The rule Saban had implemented when he wanted it is now "a plague on football" and "ruining the sport" when the shoe is on the other foot. Bama has been using the portal on the regular all along. Now it is "out of control" and a "plague."

Bama fans and press are going so far as to exclaim that money is ruining football after Saban made his reputation on the condition of being the biggest bag thrower and cheat in football history.

Most importantly, they forget to blame Saban, who timed his retirement for the day it occurred. Imagine how bad this would be now if Saban hadn't supported the early signing date. None of the new class would be signed! Instead Bama fans want to vilify their kids for bolting, after Saban threw them bags and lied to many of their faces.

It's malpractice that so-called reporters and commentators don't mention any of this when they broadcast Bama hysteria and continue to lionize Saban and thus implicitly endorse his hypocritical whining. They didn't even call him out when he claimed that "we have never bought a player."

F Bama. F Saban. Enjoyed seeing Toot crying to his mama after the game in '22.
View attachment 611338
It is odd to me that only me, you and a few others on here see the truth of this clearly.

The Lady Vols have rallied and have a ten point lead on Mississippi State with about a minute and a half to go.
Mississippi State is 15-4 good record?

The 4 losses they have is vs teams that have a pulse..

Best win vs Ole Miss plus lost to Chattanooga..

Nice win but nothing to brag about..

Honest Question, Does Tennessee hire any analysts? Seems like Bama and UGA have competent ex-coaches in crucial positions without fail. Cadillac Williams seems would be a great analyst hire for the RB room!

While I def agree don’t talk to them on the social platforms
I don’t agree they are kids
18 your an adult, you can go fight wars
Plus they are getting paid millions to play a game
I don’t feel sorry for them and they def aren’t kids
They’re still kids even if they’re considered adults. Biologically their frontal lobes aren’t fully developed. But beyond that, they haven’t truly experienced the real world yet. And as I’m sure anyone on here past 25 can attest, you haven’t seen enough of what real life is like when you’re still in college.

VN Store

Back