Recruiting Football Talk VII

Caleb Williams pulling an Eli Manning it seems...

Supposedly wants To be assured Bears trade #1 Draft Pick ..
I think Caleb Williams may find that he isn't considered as sure-fire a pick as Eli Manning was when he entered the draft (since he doesn't have a dad and older brother that were NFL stars), and his family doesn't have the level of influence in the NFL that the Manning family had.

You are making way too many assumptions here. Why did Saban have a DB coach then? Even if Saban helped with the DBs, his DB coach at the very least learned under the best. I would take Bamas DB coach over Martinez in a split second. Unfortunately Willie is Heupels buddy so that means he can continue to suck and still be employed here.
you mean like derrick Ainsley and Jeremy Pruitt

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Worst case scenario for us at Bama. Really great coach. Just have to hope that following Saban is too tough for anyone, even a great coach.
Don't agree worst case at all... great coach but where he's coached is nothing like the south and coaching in the SEC with all the pressure and scrutiny that comes with it... splash in he will be replacing SABAN who will undoubtedly be lurking around for a couple of seasons, giving his "input"... Will be interesting to see how he recruits...

DeBoer was the OC there the year Penix won the starting job (2019). Same year we beat them in the bowl game. Penix got hurt and the other guy (Ramsey I think?) went on to play really well. Indiana fans loved him as OC.

Imagine having 2 OCs with such similar names....

Reactions: Smokey19rt
More change for our enemies.

Hey but while other programs are making changes, even ones with newer staffs, we don't want to upset our staff or upgrade, we'll just promote within...or better yet, keep who we have and hope that somehow magically they change... kind of like trying to walk through a closed door every day and hoping one day it magically just swings open for you.

Brag incoming:

At least 7 people have told/texted me that I was the 1st person that thought of when the news broke about Saban's retirement. I mean..... I felt like I did a good job through the years letting people know how much I HATE ALABAMA and the past couple of days have confirmed I really did. I'm not going to lie, it felt good to hear I had built that kind of reputation and made me extremely proud to be a TENNESSEE VOLUNTEER.

VFL

Do your part and keep your people in TN ORANGE

GBO

Last edited:
Awesome!! Pearce will eat his lunch all day if he’s LT.
I think we line Peace up usually against the RT. You know, that unimportant OL position. 😂 Similarly, that's how Darnell Wright made a name (among other things) by dominating Will Anderson all day in '22.

But Mincey is going to take a beating against us, either way.

Last edited:
Caleb Williams pulling an Eli Manning it seems...

Supposedly wants To be assured Bears trade #1 Draft Pick ..

I’m a Bears fan. F him. Way too many red flags with that dude plus he paints his fingernails. Fields has turned into a much better QB than people give him credit for. There is no sure fire QB in this class. Trade the first pick and draft Marvin Harrison Jr to pair with DJ Moore and Cole Kmet. Da Bears 🐻

Hey but while other programs are making changes, even ones with newer staffs, we don't want to upset our staff or upgrade, we'll just promote within...or better yet, keep who we have and hope that somehow magically they change... kind of like trying to walk through a closed door every day and hoping one day it magically just swings open for you.
Martinez must have photos of Heupel 😂

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I’m a Bears fan. F him. Way too many red flags with that dude plus he paints his fingernails. Fields has turned into a much better QB than people give him credit for. There is no sure fire QB in this class. Trade the first pick and draft Marvin Harrison Jr to pair with DJ Moore and Cole Kmet. Da Bears 🐻
That's what I'd do in the Bears position as well.

I’m fine with coaching stability

Hardly anybody gives that a shot - it’s a differentiator

Martinez must have photos of Heupel 😂
Hey look it’s that echo chamber showing up again this time on Martinez….Guys get it together we should be afraid over the OL situation still 😂

I think Caleb Williams may find that he isn't considered as sure-fire a pick as Eli Manning was when he entered the draft (since he doesn't have a dad and older brother that were NFL stars), and his family doesn't have the level of influence in the NFL that the Manning family had.
Helping Poles make an informed decision…if true. There’s a segment of Bears fan who are Caleb or Dissolve The Team!

Hey look it’s that echo chamber showing up again this time on Martinez….Guys get it together we should be afraid over the OL situation still 😂
“Doom…it…finds a way.”
4b98378037400a8d8077ec415bd1bb08086c6dcd.gif

Reactions: Glitch

VN Store

Back