Recruiting Football Talk VII

Yeah you're probably right. I cant help but wonder how the pressure cooker of that town and just living in the south day to day treats someons who has been in the northwest his whole life. Is he prepared for the amount of unwarranted scrutiny he will receive from every direction every single day? Does he realize how closely they will follow his every move? Lol. I guarantee that job in Seattle did not prepare him for Tuscaloosa.

Saban rose above all that and became bigger than any scrutiny could reach. But thats not an easy place to get to. He'll have to win their respect on the field. And won't get a lot of time to earn it.
I wasn't aware South Dakota and Michigan were in the northwest. I guess you learn something new every day.

Their DB coach was Saban let’s be real here, just like it is at Georgia (Kirby) if you have any knowledge of football you would understand those two were the best secondary coaches/DC’s in the nation….just like how Heupel is essentially our OC/QB coach
You are making way too many assumptions here. Why did Saban have a DB coach then? Even if Saban helped with the DBs, his DB coach at the very least learned under the best. I would take Bamas DB coach over Martinez in a split second. Unfortunately Willie is Heupels buddy so that means he can continue to suck and still be employed here.

You are making way too many assumptions here. Why did Saban have a DB coach then? Even if Saban helped with the DBs, his DB coach at the very least learned under the best. I would take Bamas DB coach over Martinez in a split second. Unfortunately Willie is Heupels buddy so that means he can continue to suck and still be employed here.
I watched a segment of Bama's practice several years back in which Saban himself was coaching all of their DB's in drills. He was literally coaching them on every single step and every single hand placement.

Gonna be a tough first season for the new coach. They play Georgia week 4 and have to play at Neyland, Death Valley and Norman. Also have a tricky Missouri team that should be better than this years. Even going to Wisconsin could be an L that early. What if the tide loses 4+ next year?
View attachment 609631
1705098847759.gif

Gonna be a tough first season for the new coach. They play Georgia week 4 and have to play at Neyland, Death Valley and Norman. Also have a tricky Missouri team that should be better than this years. Even going to Wisconsin could be an L that early. What if the tide loses 4+ next year?
View attachment 609631
I can see 8-4. (USF, @OK, even the Iron Bowl will be tough for a new coach. I think they will go 2-1 in those games.)

Screenshot_20240112_173854_DuckDuckGo.jpg
*Please be 8-4. They really do need that

Last edited:
I also like they are dealing with a Milroe and not Penix. We've seen ourselves that great scheme can whip ass to a point, but personnel takes over at the highest level. Washington's championship proves that. They got manhandled. Now he immediately has SEC studs, but his best weapons are on D not offense.

VN Store

Back