Recruiting Football Talk VII

we gave up 28 tds..2 more than Uga. Yards are irrelevant as our offense is such high tempo, but even then only 45 more yards. Giving up 28 tds is top 15. Even then notice how the top teams are B10 heavy and faced putrid offenses.

Of course! Kamara had to go Juco and Saban invented character issues to sabotage him…no way he would’ve signed to release him in a traditional transfer. And Brandon Kennedy was famously delayed transferring to us and gaining instant eligibility because of his whining…which inspired new rules. Always the victim.
It’s tough to argue that Kamara doesn’t have character issues, though.

Reactions: VolByLaw
For the last time I don't hate Banks. He's just not very good, IMO. I'm sorry so many are disturbed by that. I see this window of opportunity and I can see it slipping through our fingers. I realize that any criticism of coaches is met by mob rioting 😂 . I'm ok with that. Some will be right and some will be wrong. I'm very comfortable with my stance.
Without speaking about outcomes, outcomes result from specific actions (process). What specific things would you have done differently this year than Banks?

Let it f'n go man....for craps sake..let it f'n go..🤦‍♂️
Hi, I can tell by your post above that you are new around here. 😇

VN is not known for letting anything go. There are routine posts missing Bruce Pearl and kiffin. The statute of limitations is up on those two guys, hoping they will fade away. (I am an optimist, not a “realist “) 😁

To ask a poster to let go of their obsessive thoughts about this season that just ended is about as likely as having a fluffy unicorn 🦄 trot up to you…😂

tmp.gif

He had a very bad first game. 5/179 35.8 average. After that, he was pretty good. He had one game where he averaged 39.5 on two kicks and another where he averaged 39.7 on 3. All the rest were 40 or better. Again, a lot is what you seem to remember but not what the stats show.
I’m not bashing our punter.
There was the punter at my daughter’s high school who was a Volunteer fan from elementary school. He averaged over 45 yards for punts from 9th grade on. Anytime Tennessee won a game, he would find my daughter and ask if I watched the game! He was all Vol. Received an offer from Tennessee his junior year and wasn’t even going on any other visits. Then the Tennessee coaches found Ross and quit contacting him ( heard that from his Father). I was disappointed because I saw every game he played in for 4 years. He muffed 1 punt…and then Ross’ first showing sucked.
The Southlake punter ended up at a Texas school.
I was also disappointed because I thought I could get insider status. 😁

Must be @Glitch 'cause that guy does not look like a Yeti.

But he does look abominable.
You know, I just found out that you are actually a Squatch species…

A Sheepsquatch. 😂

Was looking up different “monsters and mythical creatures” in the Smokeys and low and behold they have a section on you. 😎

On Jan. 6, 1994,

Nancy Kerrigan was attacked after practice at the Cobo Arena in Detroit, Michigan, in what would become one of the biggest sports scandals in history.

The hitman was Shane Stant, who used a 21-inch collapsible baton to strike Kerrigan's right leg. He, along with his uncle Derrick Smith, were contracted by Jeff Gillooly, the ex-husband of skating rival Tonya Harding, and Harding's bodyguard, Shawn Eckhardt.

1704546939713.png

I like Tim banks. Great? I dunno. But I think he’s good. I think at times he runs plays he’d rather not due to personnel. I think with the right players his defensive could be incredibly destructive and even swing the total score two scores our way. We had the personnel on spine and him and crg have had them doing very well, at least improving year over year. Our linebackers are so young it’s hard to judge but Beasley was great and banks was better than I ever thought he’d be. Our defensive backs… just haven’t got the requisite talent to shut people down man to man. And we need that. Willie has gotten his fair share of criticism. Both on the field and off it. We need to start landing some premier CBs and Ss to really pull this defense all together and see what it’s really made of.
Problem is everyone keeps saying it’s personnel and giving passes. If you look at his previous time as DC, he ran a lot of zone too. And that’s what many teams in the big ten run too. Which is where he spent a lot of time. I think we are seeing his defense and what he wants to run. I don’t think the DBs have been good, but he has had three years to portal more safeties and corners but we kept playing the same ones.

Like I said, we could be much worse. I don’t think he is bad. I just don’t think he is very good either. Also, I don’t think WM was his choice for DB coach. I wonder who he would have brought in and seen what they could have done.

How do you know who is trying to poach him? How do you know what schools want him? How do you know he has had several jobs he could have taken but just hasn’t? I don’t think he is a good DC but it seems like you are using some conjecture here.
I said no one is trying to poach him.

Great coaches are usually tried to be poached.

He applied for a couple head coaching jobs at smaller schools and didn’t get them.

On Jan. 6, 1994,

Nancy Kerrigan was attacked after practice at the Cobo Arena in Detroit, Michigan, in what would become one of the biggest sports scandals in history.

The hitman was Shane Stant, who used a 21-inch collapsible baton to strike Kerrigan's right leg. He, along with his uncle Derrick Smith, were contracted by Jeff Gillooly, the ex-husband of skating rival Tonya Harding, and Harding's bodyguard, Shawn Eckhardt.

View attachment 607715
Crazy stuff, Harding played dumb and acted concerned lol...

VN Store

Back